• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[Suggestion] HDFC Bank Preferred to Imperia Banking Upgrade - Grab/Pass ?

sahil1033

TF Premier
I've salary account in HDFC Bank, currently have Preferred banking status and by the end of November month, I'll be offered Imperia banking status since 2 other accounts from family members are in the same group and MAB will be Rs. 10L or more for the month of November 2023.

I was offered Imperia once more previously but I didn't take the upgrade.

So, my queries are :

- Should I take the upgrade even though I won't be able to maintain Rs. 10L MAB for the whole group (3 savings accounts) ?
- Do they downgrade from Imperia to Preferred/Classic banking programme if MAB criteria isn't met?
- If they downgrade, after what duration does the bank do this?

This is a momentary surge in parking huge amount in savings account, that's not the case otherwise and I really won't be able to maintain such large sum. I'm comfortable in keeping MAB between Rs. 1 - 2 lacs/lakhs, that's it. Till date haven't got any intimation of downgrading Preferred banking status, one of the reason could be that I always meet the MAB criteria at least. My motive behind taking the upgrade would be to get a locker FREE of cost as I'm already chasing the branch to provide locker whenever there's one available. Another benefit I would be looking at can be getting an invite for Infinia maybe, I mean, why not take the upgrade if and when offered. If they downgrade me back to Preferred banking, I will still be fine with it but I've heard that they don't downgrade for an year at least and in some cases people have said they downgrade at all.

Any other input/suggestion is most welcome.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Is it already offered (Pre Approved) or you have been promised by RM/BM for an upgrade?? Because for BM/RM upgrades there is some HDFC server issues, I have been facing upgrade issue even on meeting the MAB criteria.

For downgrade I have been said by my RM that once they upgrade they will take care even on no MAB maintained because it will be within the BM/RM and your relationship with them.

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I've salary account in HDFC Bank, currently have Preferred banking status and by the end of November month, I'll be offered Imperia banking status since 2 other accounts from family members are in the same group and MAB will be Rs. 10L or more for the month of November 2023.

So, my queries are :

- Should I take the upgrade even though I won't be able to maintain Rs. 10L MAB for the whole group (3 savings accounts) ?
- Do they downgrade from Imperia to Preferred/Classic banking programme if MAB criteria isn't met?

This is a momentary surge in parking huge amount in savings account, that's not the case otherwise and I really won't be able to maintain such large sum. I'm comfortable in keeping MAB between Rs. 1 - 2 lacs/lakhs, that's it. Till date haven't got any intimation of downgrading Preferred banking status, one of the reason could be that I always meet the MAB criteria at least. My motive behind taking the upgrade would be to get a locker FREE of cost as I'm already chasing the branch to provide locker whenever there's one available. Another benefit I would be looking at can be getting an invite for Infinia maybe, I mean, why not take the upgrade if and when offered. If they downgrade me back to Preferred banking, I will still be fine with it but I've heard that they don't downgrade for an year at least and in some cases people have said they downgrade at all.

Grab it and enjoy while it lasts....(downgrades -seldom) NO HARM at all...

Last edited:

sahil1033

TF Premier
Is it already offered (Pre Approved) or you have been promised by RM/BM for an upgrade?? Because for BM/RM upgrades there is some HDFC servers, I have been facing upgrade issue even on meeting the MAB criteria.

For downgrade I have been said by my RM that once they upgrade they will take care even on no MAB maintained because it will be within the BM/RM and your relationship with them.
not yet offered but last time when the month ended, upgrade offer started showing up after a few days ... so, on the same trend, expecting upgrade offer to be shown in first week of December 2023

shashankrt

TF Premier

So, my queries are :

Take the offer if it's free. Don't expect any change in service though as your RM will get changed every other month.
Also imperia does not guarantee infinia..that's a different ball game.
Not sure of lockers - however Hdfc does downgrade accounts however not immediately unlike axis and after downgrade your locker may become chargeable.

sahil1033

TF Premier
Take the offer if it's free. Don't expect any change in service though as your RM will get changed every other month.
Also imperia does not guarantee infinia..that's a different ball game.
Not sure of lockers - however Hdfc does downgrade accounts however not immediately unlike axis and after downgrade your locker may become chargeable.
anyway I'm at Preferred banking currently and willing to take a locker at 50% off ... if I'm downgraded to Preferred banking, I'm fine with it

I know Infinia isn't guaranteed by being into Imperia banking but why even miss out on increasing my chances by not taking the upgrade?

rest, if my RM downgrades me from Imperia, I'll for sure move out all the balance from the bank on day 1 of salary credit ... I've had around 6 years of relation with the bank and one wrong move from them and no more keeping even Rs. 50k - Rs. 1 lakh in the account

Reactions: SSV

sahil1033

TF Premier
I've MAB upwards of Rs. 10L for the month November 2023.

It's 4th December, 2023 already and I don't see the banner to upgrade to Imperia in internet banking.

Any idea how much does it take for the banner to appear in internet banking or even get the upgrade over email as communication?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I've MAB upwards of Rs. 10L for the month November 2023.

It's 4th December, 2023 already and I don't see the banner to upgrade to Imperia in internet banking.

Any idea how much does it take for the banner to appear in internet banking or even get the upgrade over email as communication?
Anytime within next two to three week

chenrichy

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I'm currently having HDFC PRIME Salary Account. Received Preferred account invitation.

If I'm not keeping MAB then what happens to my account?

If it's downgraded to PRIME or what?

Any experts can help please!?

TIA

gauravraj

TF Premier
I'm currently having HDFC PRIME Salary Account. Received Preferred account invitation.

If I'm not keeping MAB then what happens to my account?

If it's downgraded to PRIME or what?

Any experts can help please!?

TIA
Take upgrade.

If you failed to keep required MAB you receive mail notification, they can downgrade after a few quarters but they rarely do it.

Downgraded to PRIME.

By the way, what is the eligibility of PRIME ?

knight

TF Ace
For accounts linked under family group ID, Is the MAB/eligibilty calculatated at each account level or Group level?

Example.. if I have 2 family accounts linked to my Classic account..
and
My balance : 80k, Acct2: 30k, Acct3 : 10K

Is my MAB Criteria considered fulfilled as the total MAB of 3 accounts is 1.2L, or I must maintain 1L regardless of what others maintain?

gauravraj

TF Premier
For accounts linked under family group ID, Is the MAB/eligibilty calculatated at each account level or Group level?

Example.. if I have 2 family accounts linked to my Classic account..
and
My balance : 80k, Acct2: 30k, Acct3 : 10K

Is my MAB Criteria considered fulfilled as the total MAB of 3 accounts is 1.2L, or I must maintain 1L regardless of what others maintain?
Calculated on group level across all accounts.

kjs

TF Premier
Got mail for imperia recently from preferred Salary ,I have more than 10yrs relationship with hdfc bank salary credit around 1.8L. And i have taken hdfc life term insurance premium of 80k/year for 10 yrs. May be after recent changes in NRV t&c i might have got this update for Imperia. Anyways I dont have much interest In these Banking programs and complicated cashbacks & beg or argue with RM for offers just got an EMAIL.

Trust Me

TF Ace
I also got imperia invite this month and i am unsure whether to accet it or not. Because there is basically no difference in preferred and imperia.
One difference is direct contact to customer care. No waiting. I don't think that's with preferred.

Another is the carrot of a free locker, which some lucky people get, and some others don't. I happen to have received one! :).

There may be some advantages for people interested in Demat accounts too.