• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank Credit Card Low Limit Problem & Possible Solutions

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Is your Axis Bank credit card limit too low?
Do you have multiple Axis Bank credit cards with different different credit limits but with a maximum aggregate limit?
Axis Bank offer you a maximum aggregate limit and a per card limit.

For example-
Suppose... you have 3 Axis Bank credit cards.
Axis Vistara Infinite with 6 lakhs limit.
Axis ACE with 1L limit
And Axis Magnus with 2L limit.
In this case, your total credit limit (aggregate limit) from axis bank is 6 lakhs.
But you can spend a maximum of 1L from your ACE & 2L from your Magnus, because of per card limit.

Solution for removing the per card limit-
You can request Axis Bank to remove the per card limit, and in most cases they'll remove your per card limit.
You have to email Axis Bank & request for per card limit removal, (check our other thread - bank credit card department email ids, if you don't have Axis Bank email id - https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/all-bank-credit-card-department-email-id-phone-no.529/ ).
Most probably they will remove the per card limit and you'll get an equal shared limit on all your cards.

In the case of the above example-
You'll have Axis Vistara Infinite with 6L limit, Axis Ace with 6L limit and Axis Magnus with 6L limit and total aggregate limit- 6 lakhs.

But what to do if you don't have multiple cards and have a very low limit on your single axis bank credit card-
In this case... I'd recommend you to apply for a higher variant axis bank credit card using card to card method (use credit card which has highest credit limit).
Most probably you'll get approved with a better credit limit.
Now follow the same step, email axis bank and request them to merge limits of both of your cards.

My Case-
My axis ace card limit was 90,000 only
Axis magnus limit was 2L
Axis vistara infinite limit was 6.5L
And Axis Reserve limit - 7L

Now after requesting axis bank to remove per card limit, all my cards are showing 7L limit (per card basis) on mobile app and total aggregate limit 7L.
IMG-20220519-WA0049.jpg IMG-20220519-WA0050.jpg IMG-20220519-WA0051.jpg IMG-20220519-WA0048.jpg
-3rt7jm.jpg

Last edited:

nirsark

TF Premier
Do you have multiple Axis Bank credit cards with different different credit limits but with a maximum aggregate limit?

For example-
Axis ACE with 1L limit
In this case, your total credit limit (aggregate limit) from axis bank is 6 lakhs.
But you can spend a maximum of 1L from your ACE & 2L from your Magnus, because of per card limit.

You can request Axis Bank to remove the per card limit, and in most cases they'll remove your per card limit.
You have to email Axis Bank & request for per card limit removal, (check our other thread - bank credit card department email ids, if you don't have Axis Bank email id - https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/all-bank-credit-card-department-email-id-phone-no.529/ ).
Most probably they will remove the per card limit and you'll get an equal shared limit on all your cards.

You'll have Axis Vistara Infinite with 6L limit, Axis Ace with 6L limit and Axis Magnus with 6L limit and total aggregate limit- 6 lakhs.

But what to do if you don't have multiple cards and have a very low limit on your single axis bank credit card-
In this case... I'd recommend you to apply for a higher variant axis bank credit card using card to card method (use credit card which has highest credit limit).
Now follow the same step, email axis bank and request them to merge limits of both of your cards.
An alternative method to Increase Axis Credit Card Limits is if you have at least 1 Axis Cc with a higher limit. (Tried and tested verified method by me)

Things to note:

1. To make this work, you need to have at least 1 axis cc with high limits. You will get the same limit against your other Axis CC.
2. Only try this method if the method given by @TechnoFino above doesn't work for you. Maybe they don't honor your request etc. Then try this method. It will work.

What is the Method?

Let me elaborate on my case:

• I got an Axis Neo CC in July 2017 (offered LTF) with a 55k limit, but with time and usage, it increased to 2.75L eventually.
  • In June 2020, I applied for Flipkart Axis CC, and they approved me with only a 25k limit. (Not LTF, paid cc)
  • For more than a year, I tried to persuade them to give me higher limits for FK Axis CC, or at least match my Neo CC Limit (2.75L shared on both), they kept denying.
  • Finding no other way, I submitted ITR for FK Axis in August 2021, and they increased limit from 25k to 75k only.
  • I mailed all levels of Axis Support but in vain.
  • Finally, I got fed up, and decided to cancel my FK Axis CC in January 2022.
  • Canceled my FK Axis CC by calling Axis customer care. They tried to lure me by offering LIFETIME FREE AXIS MYZONE CC with same 75k limit. I denied because of the same reason.
  • After 3 weeks, in February 2022, I got NOC from Axis Bank that my FK Axis CC is cancelled.
  • The next day, I called Axis Customer Care, and asked to upgrade from my Axis Neo CC to Axis FK CC with shared limit. (Without closing my Neo CC)
  • They took my request, and my card got generated within 2 days. Now it was a VISA Card, still not LTF, however it had 2.75L limit, same as my Axis NEO cc.
  • BONUS: My Axis Neo CC also had Addon CC. [It was pretty easy to get Axis Addon CC in 2017. Now it has become very hard, but not impossible. I discussed this in my Technofino forum post: How to Get Axis Addon Credit Card?] So, when I upgraded from Neo to Axis FK, I got FK Axis Addon CC too.
So, that's how you can also get all your Axis Cards upgraded to the same limits. Your card needs to be closed first. Then you can instantly apply for upgrade from your existing Axis Cc (without closing it). It will work 100%.

Disadvantage:

1. If your existing Axis CC (with low limits) is a LTF CC, then you won't wanna try this method. Since it will close your current cc, and your new cc will most certainly be a Paid CC. This is truly a disadvantage.
  2. You may notice a temporary change in your CIBIL Score. But don't worry, it will recover within a few months. Not a major issue.
Try and let me know how it went for you. Thank you!

TLDR: Close your low limit Axis CC, and apply for same CC as upgrade from your Higher Limit Axis CC, with shared limits, without closing your CC.

Parvesh Goyal

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@TechnoFino As per ur suggestion I mailed twice to Axis Bank for merger of credit limit amongst 3 of my cards. I am confused if they have merged my highest limit amongst all of my 3 cards. I have highlighted the point which I couldn't understand. They have responded as follows:

Dear Mr. Goyal,
Thank you for writing to Axis Bank.

We understand that you expect a high standard of service from our executives, however we will share your feedback so that such a situation does not arise again in the future.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was not satisfactory. We regret the inconvenience you may have experienced due to this.

This is definitely not the kind of experience you were expecting from us and we apologize for the inconvenience caused from our service.

We appreciate the relationship held by you with us. Moreover, we understand your concern and its our duty to fulfill our customer wish. We will definitely assist you regarding the concern.

We understand that you are enquiring about the credit limit provided on multiple cards reflecting individual limits for both the credit card accounts in axis mobile application. We regret for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that if you have been issued multiple cards with different credit limit, all these cards will be clubbed and whichever card is having the highest credit limit will be considered as the “Aggregate Credit Limit”.

Please note that the total usage should not exceed the highest credit limit allocated to either of your cards.

Let me explain you with the example of available credit limit:

Card A is assigned with credit limit of 35000 and Card B is assigned with credit limit of 50000

In the above case, credit limit of both the cards (A & B) will be clubbed and the aggregate available credit limit will be 50000.

Let me explain you with the example of the usage on the available credit limit:

Card A is assigned with credit limit of 35000 and Card B is assigned with credit limit of 50000.

In the above case, if you have utilized Rs.35000 of card A and want to use the Card B then you will be allowed to transact only for Rs. 15000 and not for the complete available limit on card B.

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
@TechnoFino As per ur suggestion I mailed twice to Axis Bank for merger of credit limit amongst 3 of my cards. I am confused if they have merged my highest limit amongst all of my 3 cards. I have highlighted the point which I couldn't understand. They have responded as follows:

Dear Mr. Goyal,
Thank you for writing to Axis Bank.

We understand that you expect a high standard of service from our executives, however we will share your feedback so that such a situation does not arise again in the future.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was not satisfactory. We regret the inconvenience you may have experienced due to this.

This is definitely not the kind of experience you were expecting from us and we apologize for the inconvenience caused from our service.

We appreciate the relationship held by you with us. Moreover, we understand your concern and its our duty to fulfill our customer wish. We will definitely assist you regarding the concern.

We understand that you are enquiring about the credit limit provided on multiple cards reflecting individual limits for both the credit card accounts in axis mobile application. We regret for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that if you have been issued multiple cards with different credit limit, all these cards will be clubbed and whichever card is having the highest credit limit will be considered as the “Aggregate Credit Limit”.

Please note that the total usage should not exceed the highest credit limit allocated to either of your cards.

Let me explain you with the example of available credit limit:

Card A is assigned with credit limit of 35000 and Card B is assigned with credit limit of 50000

In the above case, credit limit of both the cards (A & B) will be clubbed and the aggregate available credit limit will be 50000.

Let me explain you with the example of the usage on the available credit limit:

Card A is assigned with credit limit of 35000 and Card B is assigned with credit limit of 50000.

In the above case, if you have utilized Rs.35000 of card A and want to use the Card B then you will be allowed to transact only for Rs. 15000 and not for the complete available limit on card B.
Robotic response.. ask them for per card limit removal & apply total aggregate limit on each individual card.
don't ask them for limit enhancement on lower limit card, they are not that smart.

StanRoute66

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

For example-
Axis ACE with 1L limit

My Case-
Axis magnus limit was 2L

Now after requesting axis bank to remove per card limit, all my cards are showing 7L limit (per card basis) on mobile app and total aggregate limit 7L.
IMG-20220519-WA0049.jpg IMG-20220519-WA0050.jpg IMG-20220519-WA0051.jpg IMG-20220519-WA0048.jpg
-3rt7jm.jpg
1653725069323.png
I wrote specifically to remove per card limit and provide the shared aggregate limit to all cards . But , no ... NODAL Officer bhi dumb type answer de rha .

Ajimtechno

TF Buzz

For example-
Axis ACE with 1L limit

My Case-
Axis magnus limit was 2L

-3rt7jm.jpg
I email pno but they say they don't merge aggregate limit to per card limit i also share this link of technofino. But still not working
can Technofino U can give some extra knowledge regarding this trick.

Ajimtechno

TF Buzz
share my email screenshot and ask them
I share your screenshot but they say

it's As checked the link shared by you is not from Axis Bank and there is no possibility to club the highest limit for all 03 credit cards which you hold. We would appreciate your understanding in this matter and hope to serve you better in the future.

We regret to inform you that, Unfortunately, as per bank's internal policy and norms we are unable to merge the different limits into one.

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
I share your screenshot but they say

it's As checked the link shared by you is not from Axis Bank and there is no possibility to club the highest limit for all 03 credit cards which you hold. We would appreciate your understanding in this matter and hope to serve you better in the future.

We regret to inform you that, Unfortunately, as per bank's internal policy and norms we are unable to merge the different limits into one.
email different department then... or wait few day then email again