• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Problem with Credit Card Upgrade - Axis bank

On the 24th of November I upgraded my Axis Neo Credit Card to Axis Select through customer care and it went through very easily. I got a link and an otp and I could see the ugraded car in my Axis OPEN App in a couple of minutes.
But, the next day I saw that my Axis myzone card was also eligible for an upgrade to the Privilege credit card so I obviously took it. I clicked on the upgrade button in the app and completed the process but I never received any message or email confirming this, even know after 36 hours it is showing that my Upgrade request is in process (attatched screenshot).
When I contacted customer care they told me that since my Axis Neo is also active I won't be getting upgraded for now since I'll have 4 cards. Have any of you guys faced this situation? Will my card still get upgraded after 45 days when my Axis Neo card will get deactivated or will I loose out on the upgrade?
I'm kinda dissapointed since I really wanted to have the Axis Privilege card since It would have been amazing for my spends.

Attachments

• IMG_20231125_131143.jpg
    IMG_20231125_131143.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 79

D₹V

TF Prestige
On the 24th of November I upgraded my Axis Neo Credit Card to Axis Select through customer care and it went through very easily. I got a link and an otp and I could see the ugraded car in my Axis OPEN App in a couple of minutes.
But, the next day I saw that my Axis myzone card was also eligible for an upgrade to the Privilege credit card so I obviously took it. I clicked on the upgrade button in the app and completed the process but I never received any message or email confirming this, even know after 36 hours it is showing that my Upgrade request is in process (attatched screenshot).
When I contacted customer care they told me that since my Axis Neo is also active I won't be getting upgraded for now since I'll have 4 cards. Have any of you guys faced this situation? Will my card still get upgraded after 45 days when my Axis Neo card will get deactivated or will I loose out on the upgrade?
I'm kinda dissapointed since I really wanted to have the Axis Privilege card since It would have been amazing for my spends.
Can't predict anything.

You have to close one first, then you can request PNO to process that application.

But they'll do it or not, not sure.

Tejo

TF Legend
Axis customer care fooled you.

Actually you can't upgrade your card via customer if you don't have offer, if you have you can check in app/netbanking.

Customer care can provide other cards as add-on cards with same aggregate limit.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

Actually you can't upgrade your card via customer if you don't have offer, if you have you can check in app/netbanking.

Customer care can provide other cards as add-on cards with same aggregate limit.
Correct..As @Tejo said it is always better to take your required card independently ,without any upgrade..
With regard to Axis , taking a card stand alone is the best option within the permitted limit of no of cards

really? Because I can't see Axis Neo is my application anymore and it has been replaced with Select Credit Card. They are saying that the upgraded card gets closed after 45 days.

As per your statement u have got axis select but neo card is still active call customer care and said deactivate your neo card than proceed
Can't predict anything.

You have to close one first, then you can request PNO to process that application.

But they'll do it or not, not sure.
I asked them and their customer care representative said that there wasn't a way to expedite the process of the closing of an upgraded card. She said that it will get closed after 45 days automatically. I don't have an option to close it via app since like I said in the above post it has been replaced by the Axis Select card.

vivdwive

TF Select
The problem you have is not about the upgrades but the simultaneous issuance of two new cards...the select and then the privilege....axis isn't going to give u that without the gap of 3 months....had u applied for privilege it would have rejected citing internal policy....but u r trying to upgrade...so upgrade got withheld

The problem you have is not about the upgrades but the simultaneous issuance of two new cards...the select and then the privilege....axis isn't going to give u that without the gap of 3 months....had u applied for privilege it would have rejected citing internal policy....but u r trying to upgrade...so upgrade got withheld
Do you think they'll just delay the upgrade for 45 days or deny it?