• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Attention Credit Card Community: Beware of Unethical Practices by Axis Bank!

Shraaj

TF Premier
Dear fellow members of the credit card community,

I'm reaching out to share a troubling experience I recently faced with Axis Bank, and I implore you all to stay vigilant to prevent encountering similar unethical practices.

Here's what unfolded:

I applied for an Axis Bank credit card via Cashkaro and completed the standard KYC process. However, during the KYC verification visit, the agent submitted an additional credit card application without my knowledge or consent. To my dismay, I received an email and SMS today stating that my application was rejected due to a duplicate submission.

When I confronted the agent about this, he claimed that he applied for a new card because I didn't have an Axis Bank account. This excuse is both absurd and infuriating, as I already hold an Axis card. This incident exposes serious flaws in Axis Bank's policies and procedures, leaving me deeply concerned about the integrity of their KYC process.

I've taken immediate action by contacting Axis Bank's customer support to demand accountability and a swift resolution. However, I felt it necessary to share my experience with our community to ensure others are aware of the risks involved.

As responsible consumers, we must remain vigilant and advocate for transparency and fairness in all banking transactions. If any of you have encountered similar situations or have advice on navigating such issues, your insights would be greatly appreciated.

Let's unite to hold financial institutions accountable and safeguard our rights as consumers.

Thank you for your attention, and I eagerly await our discussion.

varun__goel_

TF Legend

I'm reaching out to share a troubling experience I recently faced with Axis Bank, and I implore you all to stay vigilant to prevent encountering similar unethical practices.

Here's what unfolded:

I applied for an Axis Bank credit card via Cashkaro and completed the standard KYC process. However, during the KYC verification visit, the agent submitted an additional credit card application without my knowledge or consent. To my dismay, I received an email and SMS today stating that my application was rejected due to a duplicate submission.

When I confronted the agent about this, he claimed that he applied for a new card because I didn't have an Axis Bank account. This excuse is both absurd and infuriating, as I already hold an Axis card. This incident exposes serious flaws in Axis Bank's policies and procedures, leaving me deeply concerned about the integrity of their KYC process.

I've taken immediate action by contacting Axis Bank's customer support to demand accountability and a swift resolution. However, I felt it necessary to share my experience with our community to ensure others are aware of the risks involved.

As responsible consumers, we must remain vigilant and advocate for transparency and fairness in all banking transactions. If any of you have encountered similar situations or have advice on navigating such issues, your insights would be greatly appreciated.

Let's unite to hold financial institutions accountable and safeguard our rights as consumers.

You must have applied card as existing to bank customer. That's a problem with Axis. It's a well known issue. If you do not have bank account, you have to apply as new to bank customer.

Shraaj

TF Premier
You must have applied card as existing to bank customer. That's a problem with Axis. It's a well known issue. If you do not have bank account, you have to apply as new to bank customer.
Yes, I applied as an existing bank customer. But, isn't this pathetic because when I chose that existing option, it was showing me prefilled information so I didn't think of it! anyways, I read here on some thread that these KYC agents are doing it deliberately.

drsel

TF Legend
Please don't take offence for this honest advice--

If you already have one Axis Bank credit card then you should apply from the Axis Bank app ONLY,
unless you think that the Cashkaro commission is worth more than the card.

Cashkaro will extract payment from Axis and give a part of it to you.
So chances of getting a card outside your app (by forcing Axis to pay HUGE commission to third party agent) are not so good.
For rejected applications, the agent gets ZERO commission.

If I was the CEO of Axis, I would avoid giving out commission to third parties and I would prefer a direct application from an existing customer holding only one Axis credit card.

Third party agents are used only to get new customers.

Last edited:

TiVoGlObE

TF Buzz
Dude, I don't think you are going to get anything from Cashkaro anyways, Cashkaro rewards are only for customers with no prior cards issued from the bank you are applying for (in this case AXIS) Since you already have an active card with them, I don't think this will work.

Shraaj

TF Premier
Agent applied additional credit card so how is this unethical practice by Axis bank? The thread title is alarming but upon opening it, I found unethical practice by an agent and not by the bank. What am I missing?
Kya Ghazab Aadmi ho bhai Aap? Bank ka Employee hai to Bank ko hi Bolenge na? Say for Eg Kal Aap Hotel me Khana Khane Jate ho Aur Aap ko Pasand nahi aata aap uss restaurant ko bura Bologe ya fir Us Bawarchi ko?

Shraaj

TF Premier
Dude, I don't think you are going to get anything from Cashkaro anyways, Cashkaro rewards are only for customers with no prior cards issued from the bank you are applying for (in this case AXIS) Since you already have an active card with them, I don't think this will work.
Hmm ,You are right but heard from Reddit that Even Existing Customers are getting Cashback and Just to correct you I have Used Earnkaro (There it hasn't mentioned Existing users are not eligible) ,I have also checked Axis Bank Pre Approved Offer and the card was showing to me so I thought without this much issues my card will generate Instantly but Axis has its own Ways like Doing Physics KYC even after Existing Customer and also processing timeline is more than 26 days.

Shraaj

TF Premier
After being rejected you need to wait 90 days before applying again through the Axis Bank app
We can change the Status or ask for Card Review Request to Higher Level ,I myself Did it for SBI,Axis and Bob they initially declined and then Reviewed it and Approved my Application.

amitr29

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Here's what unfolded:

Axis KYC procedure is very different and no signing is required. The person is very particular that you don't show them any original document or give aadhar number. This is something that Cashkaro is responsible for.

On lighter note, aapne Shraddha kapoor ki DP lagayi hai, ab isme Shraddha kapoor kya kar sakti hai 😂 Uska kuch control nahin hai

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You can't trust these 3rd party agents like Cashkero ,Bank bazaar, Paisa Bazaar, Bajaj finance, etc
Their agents will do anything to get more commission from any willing customers, like putting falsel info in your form or even fill application for 2 cards ,so on and so forth

What is there to discuss here? Anyone with a good experience of banks like Axis and SBI know that they are staffed by the most conniving people. I mean, it's good that you shared another instance of this sort of behaviour from them, but there's nothing to discuss here. The bent tail of a dog doesn't straighten if you sit around discussing it.