• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unethical practices of Fi Money

yolofino

TF Premier
This post is to let the consumers know how Fi Money engages in unethical behaviour and refused to honour their promises.

For their debit card they came up with an offer in March month - spend minimum 999 on Dmart and get 10% cashback upto Rs. 200. Cashback valid one time during the offer period. Offer validity - March 1st to March 30.

They renewed this offer, everything was same just replace March with April.

On 28th April or so, they changed the offer validity and now it mentions - offer valid from 1st Jan 2023 to May 31st 2023. And of course, cashback valid only once condition is there.

Does anyone have photos of the previous Dmart offers? Unfortunately I don't have.

However, I managed to get cashback for both the months' transactions - March and April but for my wife's account, they gave cashback only for the March month and refuses to give cashback for the transaction made in April.

I'm going to close my account with Fi Money soon but want to complain to RBI once I have the proof. Really sick of the unethical practices by the bank.

lucifer

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
This post is to let the consumers know how Fi Money engages in unethical behaviour and refused to honour their promises.

For their debit card they came up with an offer in March month - spend minimum 999 on Dmart and get 10% cashback upto Rs. 200. Cashback valid one time during the offer period. Offer validity - March 1st to March 30.

They renewed this offer, everything was same just replace March with April.

On 28th April or so, they changed the offer validity and now it mentions - offer valid from 1st Jan 2023 to May 31st 2023. And of course, cashback valid only once condition is there.

Does anyone have photos of the previous Dmart offers? Unfortunately I don't have.

However, I managed to get cashback for both the months' transactions - March and April but for my wife's account, they gave cashback only for the March month and refuses to give cashback for the transaction made in April.

I'm going to close my account with Fi Money soon but want to complain to RBI once I have the proof. Really sick of the unethical practices by the bank.
i think every offer has a condition that they can change anytime or remove it

krishc

TF Ace
i think every offer has a condition that they can change anytime or remove it
not retrospectively in this manner
you can change future dated ones only
once you have extended validity till April 30th and then in April 28th, you cannot say validity was till March 31st only and I'll charge you from April 1st
max you can rollback till the date you're making the change i.e. April 28th in this case

anonymuos

TF Ace
Fi is overall a bit problematic about certain offers. For one offer on Licious, they just wouldn't give CB to me for weeks. After 3 weeks they manually initiated and said "Dunno what went wrong with the automatic instant CB".

sangalaviral

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Fi has done some extremely shady things with my account.
I made a purchase of 9k internationally which contained 3 products. The same was debited from my account. After 2 days, they did 3 debits and 2 credits. Amount in 3 debits was equivalent to 2 credits. Now after months of fight they said, since the account balance had turned negative after 3 debits we issued a OD on account. For that OD which I did not authorised or required they charged me 250+ tax.

Now those 3 debits according to them were merchant doing 3 separate settlements.

I mean if you hear the complete story, you will literally bang your head and close the account at very first instant.

VGisHere

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
No they can't change it to disadvantage. If law allows anything like this then just imagine how the companies will cheat us every now and then
Not sure, but the thing was like, they initially provided coupon validity 2x a month, then when I went ahead to apply second time, they changed it to once a month. Not exactly a bummer as other offers came up.

But I guess, they can very well scrap the older offer and come up with newer one with lesser validity!