• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Bank's Unethical Practices: Lifetime Free Sapphiro Credit Card Deception

anuajayan

TF Buzz
Most of our members were aware that ICICI was running a campaign to apply for the Sapphiro credit card for non IITians. I also applied through that link and became eligible. After applying for the card, I received calls from ICICI Bank executives who were interested in offering me chargeable cards such as Platinum or other variants. I have been using ICICI cards like Platinum and Amazon Pay for 7 years. I sent a mail to the senior team regarding this issue, but they completely ignored my complaint. Therefore, I would like your suggestions or feedback on how to address this matter with them.

NB: All members including admin should respond and spread some light into this matter.

Mail received from senior team attached.

Attachments

• ICICICARE.jpg
    ICICICARE.jpg
    421.6 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:

srikant

TF Premier
After reading your post. My opinion on why u got rejection:

1. Your college may not be in their list. ( that list doesn’t include all premium college, hence don’t take personally) its just listed vs non-listed colleges.

2. In income proofs, it looks like you uploaded your salary slips. If u did, it goes in salary based LTF. Even if your salary is 1.9L application will get rejected. They need 2L+ per month.

You can simply reapply. There is no cool off period. In documents upload, only upload ur degree. And mention salary 24L+ in vkyc (executive will tell u to say this in vkyc 🤣)

Regards
They ask to say 20+ actually.

credit_debit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Here is the problem & Solution:

Below is the Authentic link and the last 2 digits change will fetch institute up to 41. The last one is ISB Mohali at 41.

Now if we change it to 42, POP up appears stating that "Enter Valid URL" and link changes to below.

On this link, currently it shows the joining fee of 6500 and annual fee of 3500, but when the program was initially launched, this link showed zero fees. Many non alumni people applied and since they were not eligible, they were offered paid cards or their applications rejected. ICICI fixed the problem later. Not sure if our friend applied from this link, as he has mentioned non IIT application.

Essentially ICICI is correctly issuing LTF cards to only ELIGIBLE ALUMNI.

Last edited:

insight

TF Ace
There dedicated page where you can apply for LTF Sapphiro card.

You can change the last 2 digits to see your institute.
How does one find the list of colleges and their 2 digit code? Where?
Would it be fraud/ dangerous to use another colleges link and code to get through the app? Seems people using the TCS emp code for Tata Neu applications?
I got into a similar situation too.
filled form and next day got a call from CC executive, he said that you showed interest in ICICI card and told about platinum. I told him about the alumni sapphiro offer and he just said he dont know about such offer, and offered me sapphiro paid card and later when I denied he said someone else will call in that offer regards.
didnt received any call later. so I filled form again and second time also same thing happened.
then filled form 3rd time, this time right person called but said there is already one pending sapphiro application showing on your id which needs to be deleted first, and he will call me back after it gets cancelled.

I waited for 15 days and no call back.
then again filled form, and finally got the form filled on call and kyc done yesterday
Do share the link/ form you used. And when? Still usable?

arn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
How does one find the list of colleges and their 2 digit code? Where?
Would it be fraud/ dangerous to use another colleges link and code to get through the app? Seems people using the TCS emp code for Tata Neu applications?

Do share the link/ form you used. And when? Still usable?

you can follow this link to get the list. I havnt got time to see if new institutes are added or not

RupayMan

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I applied for sappario card just using normal application mode and it was showing me LTF and many other cards like Rubyx also LTF, went to sappario and after VKYC, got rejected with reasons like internal policies so and so.. asked me to reapply after 6 months.

I clearly don't know why this banks asking us to wait for 6 months? What's going to change in that duration.. credit score already high and well enough within eligibility.

insight

TF Ace

you can follow this link to get the list. I havnt got time to see if new institutes are added or not
Thanks for sharing with your time and energy.

I wonder if and how and where you got this list/ file or made it? Can we request updated one from the source?

And if we could request the same from them?

or will have to find some way to ADD / UPDATE the file you share/ made?

Most of our members were aware that ICICI was running a campaign to apply for the Sapphiro credit card for non IITians. I also applied through that link and became eligible. After applying for the card, I received calls from ICICI Bank executives who were interested in offering me chargeable cards such as Platinum or other variants. I have been using ICICI cards like Platinum and Amazon Pay for 7 years. I sent a mail to the senior team regarding this issue, but they completely ignored my complaint. Therefore, I would like your suggestions or feedback on how to address this matter with them.

NB: All members including admin should respond and spread some light into this matter.

Mail received from senior team attached.
Hi folks, I need help. So I applied for Sapphiro card and got it within 15 days through Alumni offer. But now my first bill is showing a joining fee. I called customer care and they said your card is LTF but they also don't know how thos charge showed up on my bill. Can anyone help me in this regard? Where can I mail and ask for help?