• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Bank's Unethical Practices: Lifetime Free Sapphiro Credit Card Deception

anuajayan

TF Buzz
Most of our members were aware that ICICI was running a campaign to apply for the Sapphiro credit card for non IITians. I also applied through that link and became eligible. After applying for the card, I received calls from ICICI Bank executives who were interested in offering me chargeable cards such as Platinum or other variants. I have been using ICICI cards like Platinum and Amazon Pay for 7 years. I sent a mail to the senior team regarding this issue, but they completely ignored my complaint. Therefore, I would like your suggestions or feedback on how to address this matter with them.

NB: All members including admin should respond and spread some light into this matter.

Mail received from senior team attached.

Attachments

• ICICICARE.jpg
    ICICICARE.jpg
    421.6 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:

Deveshm18

TF Select
Not sure why you're facing a problem. Have you tried filling the form multiple times till you get a proper callback with alumni offer? Also I hope you're using a special link with a code corresponding to your college link and not the link without any code. I think that link was a miss on their part, but alumni offer links with special codes at the end should work well. It took me 2+ weeks to get the card but I was able to get it and confirmed over call that it was LTF after I received it.

codenerd

TF Ace
Actually what if there is some sort of scam. I would actually prefer a written proof or something that it is LTF because I don't think in welcome kit or email, anywhere the sapphiro card applied via alumni program is mentioned LTF except the card application campaign page..

starstruck

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Just mail to the customer care and they will revert with the LTF status of the card. I did it after I got the card just to have a written proof from their side. Got the confirmation too.

codenerd

TF Ace
I think ICICI bank folks are aware of people holding multiple variants of SAPPHIROand now it seems they are picking up customers and closing their other variant. Since 2 days I am also continuously getting calls from their credit dept. most likely because they want me to either keep dual variant or visa variant and not both. Anyone who has all 3 variants active and still able to use? I am sensing they will deactivate my card without my approval. Anyone any idea? Even though I have been dodging all their calls and haven't received anything regarding the same over email..

I think having Visa variant is better since now its accepted on BMS for B2G2

Bigde

TF Ace
TF Family
Same story, saw that Sapphiro LTF campaign link on Twitter, applied through that link. After submitting the form, I saw a message appearing on the screen stating that I am eligible for the ICICI card. Next day received a call from ICICI customer care saying that they can offer me paid Sapphiro card, I informed them that I applied for the LTF card and not the paid one he said wait for call from another team who processes LTF Sapphiro card requests.

It has been more than a week since then and no communication from ICICI so far.

CCUser_1999

TF Premier
There dedicated page where you can apply for LTF Sapphiro card.

You can change the last 2 digits to see your institute.

I can understand the disappointment and frustration for wasted time and effort in case card is not approved. I believe that it is completely on discretion of bank to provide the credit card or not. LTF is another decision all together. I don't think its fair to call complete process as bogus and fraud just because bank didn't approve the same. Also lets not forget that banks are in business of making money. So they will always try to upsell or get maximum revenue out of us. Its OK if the bank doesn't approve. If you don't agree, raise the complaint(which you did) but bank is not liable to tell exactly why they are not providing the card. Take it in the stride and move on. If you don't like the service. close all transactions with the bank and move on. They cant force you to stay with them.

Apologies for some counter view but I feel its important to look at all issues from bank side as well.

PS: I am neither a bank employee nor know anyone who is involved in the process. :)

arn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Most of our members were aware that ICICI was running a campaign to apply for the Sapphiro credit card for non IITians. I also applied through that link and became eligible. After applying for the card, I received calls from ICICI Bank executives who were interested in offering me chargeable cards such as Platinum or other variants. I have been using ICICI cards like Platinum and Amazon Pay for 7 years. I sent a mail to the senior team regarding this issue, but they completely ignored my complaint. Therefore, I would like your suggestions or feedback on how to address this matter with them.

NB: All members including admin should respond and spread some light into this matter.

Mail received from senior team attached.
I got into a similar situation too.
filled form and next day got a call from CC executive, he said that you showed interest in ICICI card and told about platinum. I told him about the alumni sapphiro offer and he just said he dont know about such offer, and offered me sapphiro paid card and later when I denied he said someone else will call in that offer regards.
didnt received any call later. so I filled form again and second time also same thing happened.
then filled form 3rd time, this time right person called but said there is already one pending sapphiro application showing on your id which needs to be deleted first, and he will call me back after it gets cancelled.

I waited for 15 days and no call back.
then again filled form, and finally got the form filled on call and kyc done yesterday

aniruddhaadhe

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
After reading your post. My opinion on why u got rejection:

1. Your college may not be in their list. ( that list doesn’t include all premium college, hence don’t take personally) its just listed vs non-listed colleges.

2. In income proofs, it looks like you uploaded your salary slips. If u did, it goes in salary based LTF. Even if your salary is 1.9L application will get rejected. They need 2L+ per month.

You can simply reapply. There is no cool off period. In documents upload, only upload ur degree. And mention salary 24L+ in vkyc (executive will tell u to say this in vkyc 🤣)

Regards