• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank Card Cancellation Notice July Edition (3rd time): How to prevent such notice

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
It seems like Axis Bank is implementing this strategy every month to identify business spenders and close their cards. While it may be a good idea to prevent misuse, there are reports of genuine spenders also receiving such notices, which is concerning.
Axis Bank has sent out similar notifications in the past, and I am mentioning the URLs of both threads for reference.
Thread 1: Axis Bank Issuing Cancellation Notices for Using Personal Credit Cards for Business Expenses
Thread 2: Axis Bank Credit Card Cancellation Notice: Another Round Of Card Cancellation & Some Unknown Updates
Screenshot of email notification:
WhatsApp Image 2023-07-20 at 9.38.46 PM.jpeg

Many recipients of the notification are unaware of the merchant name Axis Bank mentioned in the email. This indicates that Axis Bank might have made a mistake in identifying genuine business spenders. While it is important for Axis Bank to prevent excessive business spends due to their high reward rates, it should not be problematic for someone who has spent 1L or 2L in 3 months. Several customers have reported receiving notices despite having only spent 2L in the last 3 months.

Received notice?
If you are facing the possibility of card cancellation, there are steps you can take to prevent it. Consider emailing Axis Bank with detailed proof that the transactions were personal and not related to business expenses. Explain everything in detail and request Axis Bank not to block your card. In the past, I have faced a similar situation, and Axis Bank was satisfied with my response. You can also use ChatGPT to draft the email for better clarity and accuracy.
And try to avoid axis bank credit cards for all high value transactions for next few months.
I wish you good luck in resolving this issue and hope your card remains active. It is essential for banks to strike a balance between preventing misuse and maintaining customer satisfaction.

It seems like Axis Bank is implementing this strategy every month to identify business spenders and close their cards. While it may be a good idea to prevent misuse, there are reports of genuine spenders also receiving such notices, which is concerning.
Axis Bank has sent out similar notifications in the past, and I am mentioning the URLs of both threads for reference.
Thread 1: Axis Bank Issuing Cancellation Notices for Using Personal Credit Cards for Business Expenses
Thread 2: Axis Bank Credit Card Cancellation Notice: Another Round Of Card Cancellation & Some Unknown Updates

Many recipients of the notification are unaware of the merchant name Axis Bank mentioned in the email. This indicates that Axis Bank might have made a mistake in identifying genuine business spenders. While it is important for Axis Bank to prevent excessive business spends due to their high reward rates, it should not be problematic for someone who has spent 1L or 2L in 3 months. Several customers have reported receiving notices despite having only spent 2L in the last 3 months.

Received notice?
If you are facing the possibility of card cancellation, there are steps you can take to prevent it. Consider emailing Axis Bank with detailed proof that the transactions were personal and not related to business expenses. Explain everything in detail and request Axis Bank not to block your card. In the past, I have faced a similar situation, and Axis Bank was satisfied with my response. You can also use ChatGPT to draft the email for better clarity and accuracy.
And try to avoid axis bank credit cards for all high value transactions for next few months.
I wish you good luck in resolving this issue and hope your card remains active. It is essential for banks to strike a balance between preventing misuse and maintaining customer satisfaction.
How bank identity about business transaction or personal transactions. because we are not sharing anything with bank except Transaction ID and all. So tell me how Bank confirms the business transactions ?

SSMV

TF Select
After devaluation of Axis credit cards it's of no use for using Axis cards as they have removed ER points on utilities and Govt transaction and also one would use card only for extra discount during sales times and it's big blow for users who were doing Lakhs of transaction using Bharathnxt

vina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Received notice?
Which merchants were these?