• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Airtel Card cashback blunder.

Nubar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I recently got Axis Airtel Card and on generation of statement, I realised that any bill payments done on Airtel App, be it Airtel bills or others, is being counted under 25% category. This means that there is no way to tap into Rs 500 monthly utility bill payment benefit as of now. :rolleyes:

Refer to the screenshot below. The only payment in this month was for my electricity bill of Rs 1595 and cashback shown is Rs 300 whereas it should have been Rs 159.5.

Screenshot 2022-04-18 at 4.27.54 PM.png

Fellow community members, I would request you to keep above in mind while getting this card or wait till Axis settles these reporting issues with Airtel.

RajBlr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
1st CB finally received(SMS)for the last bill statement or so, will get to know when it is offset in the upcoming bill.

Attachments

• IMG-20230408-WA0022.jpg
    IMG-20230408-WA0022.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 15
I get CB for airtel bills through app. no longer able to book LPG or pay electric bill via app. So switched to other options for these.
Any changes here?
I'm facing the same issue. Getting technical error while trying to make payment of Electricity & Broadband bill on airtel app using airtel axis card.
How can this be resolved?

Refer My previous post.
I am again repeating enable personalize experience.
You will get a pop for same and enable it.
When you enter in Bill pay section or click electricity you will get pop up for enabling Personalize experience.

Enable it.
I thought enabling personalization is just for blank page error.
I was now able to make the bill payment immediately after enabling personalization experience.
Thanks alot for the update. It was really helpful.

Refer My previous post.
When you enter in Bill pay section or click electricity you will get pop up for enabling Personalize experience.

Enable it.
For me even after enabling this, only airtel bill payment works, utility payment does not work with my Realme1. Strangely, when I installed the app on my chromebook, it worked, though the app is clearly not customised for chromebook.

sri222

TF Select
Refer My previous post.

Enable it.
Thanks. I was getting technical error while booking Gas cylinder from few months but now there is no error after allowing 'Personalise your experience'.

Attachments

• image_picker2814390336068975490.jpg
    image_picker2814390336068975490.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

sri222

TF Select
While doing recharge, I was getting merchant name 'Airtel' and got 25%.
Now While booking Gas cylinder also, I'm getting merchant name 'Airtel'. So whether it's also comes under 25% or 10% ?
Recently if anyone booked Gas cylinder, what was the merchant name in SMS and statement ?

RajBlr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Now While booking Gas cylinder also, I'm getting merchant name 'Airtel'. So whether it's also comes under 25% or 10% ?
Recently if anyone booked Gas cylinder, what was the merchant name in SMS and statement ?
They may be doing it with sub-category or so.

Meaning if you go to transactions in Airtel Thanks app, you will find all airtel bills under recharge category

But gas cylinder and EB all will show under Utilities with type as Gas or electricity etc.,

Axis gives cashback based on merchant name - Airtel Gurgaon - clubbed for 25% max 300. Airtel Mumbai - 10%.