• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Airtel Card cashback blunder.

Nubar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I recently got Axis Airtel Card and on generation of statement, I realised that any bill payments done on Airtel App, be it Airtel bills or others, is being counted under 25% category. This means that there is no way to tap into Rs 500 monthly utility bill payment benefit as of now. :rolleyes:

Refer to the screenshot below. The only payment in this month was for my electricity bill of Rs 1595 and cashback shown is Rs 300 whereas it should have been Rs 159.5.

Screenshot 2022-04-18 at 4.27.54 PM.png

Fellow community members, I would request you to keep above in mind while getting this card or wait till Axis settles these reporting issues with Airtel.

abhipsab

TF Buzz
@Everyone - so basically last statement with airtel axis card was an erroneous one and like you guys suggested, I went ahead and challenged the PNO. They asked me for transaction proof. And I attached all screenshots along with payment proof. After that, I haven't heard from them since more than a month. Even if i drop them an email, they wont respond to it. I see there is already a service request that's already open but I dont know what's the latest on that. Also, my next statement was generated just a couple of days ago and I again see a major discrepancy in cashback calculated. I dont know what to do or who to approach regarding this now. Should I just go to the branch and talk to the manager or should I drop an email to the RBI Ombudsman? Please suggest guys. There's no point in keeping this card if they are incapable of giving what they promised.

helloworld

TF Legend
@Everyone - so basically last statement with airtel axis card was an erroneous one and like you guys suggested, I went ahead and challenged the PNO. They asked me for transaction proof. And I attached all screenshots along with payment proof. After that, I haven't heard from them since more than a month. Even if i drop them an email, they wont respond to it. I see there is already a service request that's already open but I dont know what's the latest on that. Also, my next statement was generated just a couple of days ago and I again see a major discrepancy in cashback calculated. I dont know what to do or who to approach regarding this now. Should I just go to the branch and talk to the manager or should I drop an email to the RBI Ombudsman? Please suggest guys. There's no point in keeping this card if they are incapable of giving what they promised.
https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/axis-airtel-card-cashback-blunder.533/post-471537

F Y I

James

TF Ace
Write a big email and ask for compensation

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Update: My MC Airtel Axis statement has been generated and I got 10% cashback for my big basket transaction with merchant name INNOVATIVE RETAIL CONCBANGALOREIND DEPT STORES.

Seems like Axis fixed this issue.

@pprakash11 @VISHESH_BANSAL
Are you getting 10% on Bigbasket without any issues in last few Months ?

Any specific Merchant name to consider ?

Have to do a big txn, not using it from last few months on Bigbasket.

its_karan

TF Ace
Are you getting 10% on Bigbasket without any issues in last few Months ?

Any specific Merchant name to consider ?

Have to do a big txn, not using it from last few months on Bigbasket.
@VISHESH_BANSAL Bhai,

this is my statement.

BB name is 'Innovative Retail ConcBangaloreInd'.

I received a full 10% Cashback on this (Balki 7Rs zyada diye hain) and 5% Neucoins over and above.

No wallet load, these are direct transactions.

This merchant name has been constant.

1708428308367.png

_na_cheese

TF Premier
1000004554.jpg

Earned around 40rs less cashback in the latest statement.

Raised A complaint. Got this response after 5 days from axis.

Had did three transactions on 10% merchants.

500 and 600 on swiggy instamart
And 400 on zomato.

As per this forum I've seen people not getting cashbacks on Swiggy transactions.

This is new!!

Should I escalate further?

@VISHESH_BANSAL your Honarary guidance is required here.

The merchant names can be found here 1000004555.jpg

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Seems lioke
1000004554.jpg

Earned around 40rs less cashback in the latest statement.

Raised A complaint. Got this response after 5 days from axis.

Had did three transactions on 10% merchants.

500 and 600 on swiggy instamart
And 400 on zomato.

As per this forum I've seen people not getting cashbacks on Swiggy transactions.

This is new!!

Should I escalate further?

@VISHESH_BANSAL your Honarary guidance is required here.

The merchant names can be found here 1000004555.jpg
I think Zomato Txn did not fetch 10%

You can share that Particular Order Invoice/Summary Screenshot.

Parkplus se toh Swiggy GVs waise hi 10% pe mil rahe hai. Why are you using Axis Airtel.

Zomato ke liye bhi GVs hai.

If you still want to use Axis Airtel for Swiggy Txns, always use Cred Pay for assured 10%.

_na_cheese

TF Premier
Seems lioke

I think Zomato Txn did not fetch 10%

You can share that Particular Order Invoice/Summary Screenshot.

Parkplus se toh Swiggy GVs waise hi 10% pe mil rahe hai. Why are you using Axis Airtel.

Zomato ke liye bhi GVs hai.

If you still want to use Axis Airtel for Swiggy Txns, always use Cred Pay for assured 10%.
Yes. This is what I thought too.

Zomato one didn't fetch correct cb.

Anyways I don't buy things for myself.

My tier1 city cousin uses it for swiggy and zomato.

I just don't mind it since Axis ko lootne ka maza hai wo alag hi hai.

The customer care does not provide per transaction based Cashback info.

And axis has closed the complaint too.

I had shared all the Screenshots of these transaction details too.

To continue my pursue I should mail PNO right?

Last edited:

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Yes. This is what I thought too.

My tier1 city cousin uses it for swiggy and zomato.
Tell them to use Cred Pay for Swiggy Txns.

I do not use Zomato, so do not know which Merchant Name on OTP page gives sure shot 10%

You can give them GVs which is hassle free.
They do not require OTP for Performing each Txn and Can Track Refunds if any easily
I just don't mind it since Axis ko lootne ka maza hai wo alag hi hai.
💯💯
The customer care does not provide per transaction based Cashback info.
Ask them per txn Cashback over the Call, when Cashback of this Statement gets credited.
And axis has closed the complaint too.

I had shared all the Screenshots of these transaction details too.

To continue my pursue I should mail PNO right?
Yes. Now Share only Zomato txn details.
Zomato and Razorpay is the culprit

_na_cheese

TF Premier

I do not use Zomato, so do not know which Merchant Name on OTP page gives sure shot 10%

They do not require OTP for Performing each Txn and Can Track Refunds if any easily

💯💯

Ask them per txn Cashback over the Call, when Cashback of this Statement gets credited.

Have Mailed PNO with the Zomato transaction screenshots.

Let's see.

abhipsab

TF Buzz
I use this.
Prepaid recharge 20% instant off. Rupay offer
Electricity bill :free in karnataka.
Gas :125-150 rs less on 1k.(100rs on 509 rupay +25rs on 500 on az gv). I find rupay 20% offer can beat this card easily for small to medium bill spends upto 1-2kpm
Just curious: which rupay card gives this offer? I wasn't aware of this

Vineet_

TF Premier

💯💯

Still it is more confusing swiggy instamart eligible for 10 % cashback via credpay method there bundle technology merchant name never works always bundle zero due to paytm gateway now razor pay don't know some of users claiming airtel works only on swiggy food section.

For zomato I uses merchant name should come zomato delhi,zomato Gurgaon , www zomato media pvt etc it varies in every order.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Just curious: which rupay card gives this offer? I wasn't aware of this
RuPay Platinum debit card and offer is running since September, 2019.

March month is the expiry date because March month is our financial year ending, next financial year high chance offer will auto renew.

Offer - 20% upto 100 off per month per RuPay Platinum debit card on Amazon, only on fridays. Minimum pay Rs129.

You can also use multiple cards on same Amazon account.