• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Applied league platinum online what is next process?

Patil007

TF Ace
Hi, I have applied Kotak league platinum via Kotak website as it was showing zero joining and annual fee. As I already have CRN number all details were pre-populated and it just asked my office company name and address. Didn't asked any documents.

What is the next process?: Will they call me to upload documents, physical verification of address?

I don't have saving account with them, I just bought one laptop on EMI with Kotak from reliance digital, and that's why I have CRN number with them, when I tried to open Kotak-811 it says you already have account, so using that CRN only I applied credit card.

Patil007

TF Ace
New update. I just now called Kotak credit card customer care. They checked from backend the rejection reason and said "credit profile is not inline with the bank policy" which is again standard response :rolleyes: .

So, I said, no CIBIL hit, no message, email received why you can reject application.

She suggested to apply on Monday and after 2 days called customer care so will process for document upload n all as online application doesn't have option to upload documents.

Note: I don't have saving account with Kotak but I have CRN because I took EMI from them 3-4 years back.

I am thinking to apply on monday again and call customer care to process. I asked about cool off period also, but she said you can apply. not sure she has any idea about cool off period.

What do you guys suggest.

AsB

TF Ace
New update. I just now called Kotak credit card customer care. They checked from backend the rejection reason and said "credit profile is not inline with the bank policy" which is again standard response :rolleyes: .

So, I said, no CIBIL hit, no message, email received why you can reject application.

She suggested to apply on Monday and after 2 days called customer care so will process for document upload n all as online application doesn't have option to upload documents.

Note: I don't have saving account with Kotak but I have CRN because I took EMI from them 3-4 years back.

I am thinking to apply on monday again and call customer care to process. I asked about cool off period also, but she said you can apply. not sure she has any idea about cool off period.

I suggest that you wait for 45 days, as it is considered as a cool off period for some applications where CIBIL hit has not taken place - for Kotak Bank only
However, if you would like the risk, you can apply. But, if there is a CIBIL hit, and application gets rejected, then you have to wait for 6 months.

In my case , there was no CIBIL hit, so, my application process was re-opened after 45 days before 6 months. But, I had requested for re-opening of the old application with updated address, and documents were collected by Head Office Bangalore. Let's see if I get the card this time, or wait for the 4th of July (6 months)

Patil007

TF Ace
I suggest that you wait for 45 days, as it is considered as a cool off period for some applications where CIBIL hit has not taken place - for Kotak Bank only
However, if you would like the risk, you can apply. But, if there is a CIBIL hit, and application gets rejected, then you have to wait for 6 months.

In my case , there was no CIBIL hit, so, my application process was re-opened after 45 days before 6 months. But, I had requested for re-opening of the old application with updated address, and documents were collected by Head Office Bangalore. Let's see if I get the card this time, or wait for the 4th of July (6 months)
reopened ? basis old application number only the process?

I requested her to open this application only to submit documents and do kyc, but she said they cannot do from their side.

AsB

TF Ace
reopened ? basis old application number only the process?

I requested her to open this application only to submit documents and do kyc, but she said they cannot do from their side.
Yes. I have not received an application number so far. The agent (bank employee) said that if there was a duplicate application, she will get it removed and apply for a fresh one, but only if their system did not accept the same application again. Also, it was from regional head office. So, I am thinking that escalation may have worked. I had raised a grievance. First she said that it is not possible, as application is declined. After replying that I am in a serviceable area, she said that she had forwarded the concern to backend team. Within a few days(5 days) I got call from Head office and they sent someone to collect PAN card.
However, there are already 5 enquiries in the last 3 months, so I am doubtful, if the application will be approved at all.

Patil007

TF Ace
Yes. I have not received an application number so far. The agent (bank employee) said that if there was a duplicate application, she will get it removed and apply for a fresh one, but only if their system did not accept the same application again. Also, it was from regional head office. So, I am thinking that escalation may have worked. I had raised a grievance. First she said that it is not possible, as application is declined. After replying that I am in a serviceable area, she said that she had forwarded the concern to backend team. Within a few days(5 days) I got call from Head office and they sent someone to collect PAN card.
However, there are already 5 enquiries in the last 3 months, so I am doubtful, if the application will be approved at all.
Give me their email address to escalate.

Patil007

TF Ace
I have an account. So, I used their inbox to send message to grievance. But, you can use the general grievance system. It is exactly the same thing. The only thing available with account holders is convinence.
General grievance that link, I filled the details they said within 7 days will connect but no one called me yet 😅 .

Should I go to branch?

AsB

TF Ace
General grievance that link, I filled the details they said within 7 days will connect but no one called me yet 😅 .

Should I go to branch?
Branch people may not be able to do anything. You can escalate to Level 2 with the Reference number received.
If your area is serviceable, then there is one other thing you can do - and this has a 70% chance of application getting processed but it will cost you around 50 - 70 rupees.

V360

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge

See if there is no CIBIL hit, then you should go ahead and give it a shot again.

Patil007

TF Ace
Branch people may not be able to do anything. You can escalate to Level 2 with the Reference number received.
If your area is serviceable, then there is one other thing you can do - and this has a 70% chance of application getting processed but it will cost you around 50 - 70 rupees.
How to escalate to Level 2?

I live in Mumbai, so no issue of serviceable area , tell me that second thing which cost me 50-70 Rs. Is it that I need to send letter via courier?

Patil007

TF Ace
I have an account. So, I used their inbox to send message to grievance. But, you can use the general grievance system. It is exactly the same thing. The only difference available with account holders is convinence.
I tried to open Kotak 811 but due to that EMI, I have CRN already so not able to open 😅