• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

anyone with cibil between 850-900?

ltf4ever

TF Ace
i am trying to understand what factors might lead to having a cibil as near to 900 as possible.

i have not heard of anyone with such high scores (in my experience i have seen only people with a
around 810 max).

its not as if at entry level (no credit card, no loan) it is 900 and starts decreasing gradually. nor is it that it increases gradually till you retire. me, despite having many credit cards and extremely low utilization and timely payments, i am having the same score as someone with minimum credit cards, a few paid off loans which were always paid on time.

if anyone in this community has the score above 850, please share your insights on how you managed it, or how you planned it.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
My CIBIL score is around 825 with no loans whatsoever however i have 9 active credit cards as per my needs & requirements...i always paid on time even before the bill generation date & made sure cr utilisation is on lower side.
is it cibil or experian or crif or equifax?
please confirm us...screenshot tells us a lot . thanks

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
My CIBIL score is around 825 with no loans whatsoever however i have 9 active credit cards as per my needs & requirements...i always paid on time even before the bill generation date & made sure cr utilisation is on lower side.
Are you sure you're talking about CIBIL? Coz its rare to reach this score with unsecured loan/credit card. Check whether if its Experian, Equifax or CRIF.

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It's so random. I have kept 50 plus lakhs with HDFC for over a year and have done transactions in crores in their savings account. Every month 5 to 10 lakhs is deposited as income there as well. However they refuse to provide even a Millenia card. After rejecting 2 applications, they later sent me a Moneyback with just 62k limit and even after a year, they refused upgrade and limit increse request despite ITR submission. I have even taken a 1.5 lakh jumbo loan on it in desperation, hoping it will increase my credit limit with them.
My upgrade to Infinia is in process.

cardio_guy

TF Ace
Current cibil score is 780.

My first loan was in 2011 (home loan). Then bike loan in 2012. Didn't miss any payments.
Didn't knew about credit cards till 2022. Took my first credit card in 2022 July (Amazon pay). Now Dec 2023, I have 3 cards. All loans closed by 2015 itself. No missed payments.

I did 22 hard enquiries for credit card in August 2023. Cibil was not hit much. It became 765. But then gradually increased to 780 now. Even now every month I try to apply one or two cards. I am not getting the cards that I wish the most. So I keep trying.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Current cibil score is 780.

My first loan was in 2011 (home loan). Then bike loan in 2012. Didn't miss any payments.
Didn't knew about credit cards till 2022. Took my first credit card in 2022 July (Amazon pay). Now Dec 2023, I have 3 cards. All loans closed by 2015 itself. No missed payments.

I did 22 hard enquiries for credit card in August 2023. Cibil was not hit much. It became 765. But then gradually increased to 780 now. Even now every month I try to apply one or two cards. I am not getting the cards that I wish the most. So I keep trying.
Please pay all the 3 credit cards in full before bill generation.. so it should generate 0 or -ve balance bill statement.. do this for all the 3 cards, your score will be in 790's .. The problem with your CIBIL is, your active credit account age is only 1 year.. your oldest credit accounts were closed.. had your home loan is still continuing your score would have been in 800's ..