• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

anyone got upgrade from select to wealth card?

rutuls536

TF Buzz
Hello everyone.

i am using idfc's select card since last 6 months with 1.75L limit. shifted my monthly spends are around 10-15k on this card just to get an upgrade to wealth card. i have HDFC REGALIA with 4L, Indusind Pinnacle with 3.6L & Amazon pay icici with 3L limit. anyone from here got an upgrade to wealth on their spend basis? please guide me.

timetraveller

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Can you share how much were your spend on card and if the LE was basis salary? If so any rough number you are comfortable sharing - ITR or salary
I did make some high value transactions (few lakhs) before the upgrade request.
However, a friend went through the same process and got it upgraded without having any considerable spends.

So, I don't think that's the main criteria.

zaid_2913

TF Premier
D
I did make some high value transactions (few lakhs) before the upgrade request.
However, a friend went through the same process and got it upgraded without having any considerable spends.

So, I don't think that's the main criteria.
Is there any hard enquiry from IDFC for manual limit enhancement request with income documents?

Salvo08

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hello everyone.

i am using idfc's select card since last 6 months with 1.75L limit. shifted my monthly spends are around 10-15k on this card just to get an upgrade to wealth card. i have HDFC REGALIA with 4L, Indusind Pinnacle with 3.6L & Amazon pay icici with 3L limit. anyone from here got an upgrade to wealth on their spend basis? please guide me.
You need to ask for CLE to 5L+ to be eligible for Wealth card upgrade. IDFC CC department is too miser in doling out Credit Limit enhancement. They'll enhance the limit basis last three months salary and not card to card. I've a First Classic which I got with the account. Credit limit was 80K (I've cards with limit upto 9L); I don't use the card much. Two months back I asked for CLE and sent them 3 months salary slip and they enhanced it to 3 Lakhs. I objected and asked for further increase and they raised it to 3.75L and have been offering me Select Variant for the last two months which I don't want. Best part is, since I'm a Wealth account holder, they are offering me 5L as FIRSTmoney (which is akin to Credit Limit only) but unwilling to increase the credit card limit. Their CC department sucks.

Salvo08

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Can you share how much were your spend on card and if the LE was basis salary? If so any rough number you are comfortable sharing - ITR or salary
Don't think spending will help in the upgrade. And even if it does then it's a long haul. Try to get your credit limit increased to 5L and and then ask for Wealth CC upgrade.

rutuls536

TF Buzz
You need to ask for CLE to 5L+ to be eligible for Wealth card upgrade. IDFC CC department is too miser in doling out Credit Limit enhancement. They'll enhance the limit basis last three months salary and not card to card. I've a First Classic which I got with the account. Credit limit was 80K (I've cards with limit upto 9L); I don't use the card much. Two months back I asked for CLE and sent them 3 months salary slip and they enhanced it to 3 Lakhs. I objected and asked for further increase and they raised it to 3.75L and have been offering me Select Variant for the last two months which I don't want. Best part is, since I'm a Wealth account holder, they are offering me 5L as FIRSTmoney (which is akin to Credit Limit only) but unwilling to increase the credit card limit. Their CC department sucks.
same scenario from my side. i have multiple cards above 5L limit but still they are not increasing my limit on their select card. its worthless keeping this card.