• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Anyone got their Citi Priority account converted to Axis Burgundy?

Quantum

TF Premier
Hello folks,

Two parts of this question:
1) After the acquisition of Citibank's consumer business by Axis this year in March time-frame, did anyone get their Citi Priority account "converted" to Axis Burgundy?
By conversion what I mean is that post moving the account, your Citi priority account doesn't exist anymore, and now it's only the Axis Burgundy account for you.
If yes, then did Citi folks/RMs reach out to you for the conversion, or you yourself asked for it?
Did they provide you any CC as well?

2) Also, what would be the future outcome for existing Citi Priority account customers by next year first half?
Will they continue to remain (and labelled) as Citi Priority customers forever or equivalent of Axis account and cards would be provided to them?
Any official link/document that talks about the specifics of it?

Thanks!

R@J

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Also,...please add if anyone got any update on the Citi Rewards card (standalone from Citi)?
Are they converting it to some Axis card?

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Even Axis doesn't know this yet.
Nothing has been finalized. So you should wait if you have the patience else move everything to Axis by yourself.

Priya Karam

TF Buzz
Banker
Hello folks,

Two parts of this question:
1) After the acquisition of Citibank's consumer business by Axis this year in March time-frame, did anyone get their Citi Priority account "converted" to Axis Burgundy?
By conversion what I mean is that post moving the account, your Citi priority account doesn't exist anymore, and now it's only the Axis Burgundy account for you.
If yes, then did Citi folks/RMs reach out to you for the conversion, or you yourself asked for it?
Did they provide you any CC as well?

2) Also, what would be the future outcome for existing Citi Priority account customers by next year first half?
Will they continue to remain (and labelled) as Citi Priority customers forever or equivalent of Axis account and cards would be provided to them?
Any official link/document that talks about the specifics of it?

Thanks!
Hi,

I am currently handling the Burgundy Affluent segment of Burgundy with Axis. Let me know if the above answers were helpful:

1) After the acquisition, Citi priority account or any account for that matter will not be converted to burgundy. To get the Burgundy title, you need to open a new account with us by either maintaining AQB of 10L in SA or CA or maintain a TRV of 30L. If you want to reach out to a Citi RM, I can help you get connected with them via call or via video call and clarify your doubts. You will get Burgundy Debit Card, Select Credit Card and a Multi-currency Forex card complementary after getting onboarded to Burgundy Account.

2)In Retail Banking segment, services will be same from Citi employees, but the branding will change from Citi to Axis.

In case you want to discuss more, we can do it over chat or phone.

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I am currently handling the Burgundy Affluent segment of Burgundy with Axis. Let me know if the above answers were helpful:

1) After the acquisition, Citi priority account or any account for that matter will not be converted to burgundy. To get the Burgundy title, you need to open a new account with us by either maintaining AQB of 10L in SA or CA or maintain a TRV of 30L. If you want to reach out to a Citi RM, I can help you get connected with them via call or via video call and clarify your doubts. You will get Burgundy Debit Card, Select Credit Card and a Multi-currency Forex card complementary after getting onboarded to Burgundy Account.

2)In Retail Banking segment, services will be same from Citi employees, but the branding will change from Citi to Axis.

I used to hold a Citi Salary account. Due to this merger, I changed my Salary account last month. Used to maintain 30L+ AQB.
If you can help me get the LTF Burgundy Magnus card with a new Burgundy account? Let me know.

Souvik

TF Premier
I used to hold a Citi Salary account. Due to this merger, I changed my Salary account last month. Used to maintain 30L+ AQB.
If you can help me get the LTF Burgundy Magnus card with a new Burgundy account? Let me know.
Did you manage to get LTF Burgundy Magnus card, please keep us posted about the details.

cardio_guy

TF Ace
I had a Citi Suvidha salary account for 10 years+. Because Citi is shutting down, I closed the Citi account. When I spoke to Axis RM, he said that it would take one more year to close down Citi operations completely. and after that, we need to open a separate account in Axis. It wont be migrated automatically and one fine morning we will not see an Axis account instead of Citi.
As of now, I opened an ICICI salary account, but open to considering Axis also.

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Also,...please add if anyone got any update on the Citi Rewards card (standalone from Citi)?
Are they converting it to some Axis card?
I'll tell you what happened to me. It may not suit your situation directly, but I hope it helps.

I had been using a paid Paytm-Citi card for years. Last year, Paytm Citi tie up ended and I was offered the Citi Rewards Mastercard. I took it up. A month ago, I called the Citi/Axis customer care requesting closure of Citi Rewards card. They offered LTF Citi Rewards Visa and I took it.

Since this last conversion happened literally days ago, I wonder if Axis plans to make any sudden decisions on Citi CC just yet.

R@J

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I'll tell you what happened to me. It may not suit your situation directly, but I hope it helps.

I had been using a paid Paytm-Citi card for years. Last year, Paytm Citi tie up ended and I was offered the Citi Rewards Mastercard. I took it up. A month ago, I called the Citi/Axis customer care requesting closure of Citi Rewards card. They offered LTF Citi Rewards Visa and I took it.

Since this last conversion happened literally days ago, I wonder if Axis plans to make any sudden decisions on Citi CC just yet.
Thanks for sharing @Batman! Maybe will try getting it converted to LTF, so that chances of it moving as a LTF Axis card remains intact. Also, it is one of my oldest CCs, so will be good if its made as LTF

Priya Karam

TF Buzz
Banker
Did you manage to get LTF Burgundy Magnus card, please keep us posted about the details.
Hey, here is the update.
An OGS (One Glance Statement) is generated every month where you can see the investments done from your end, if you are a Burgundy holder, offers you are eligible to get, etc. Now, this OGS statement should reflect that you are having AQB/TRV maintained and hence eligible to get the magnus card. The statement is generated after 45days of account opening and the magnus offer is ending on 30th November without any extension. So by the time your OGS statement generates, magnus offer would no longer be available.

Hope this clarifies your answer. Let me know in case of doubts.

Priya Karam

TF Buzz
Banker
I had a Citi Suvidha salary account for 10 years+. Because Citi is shutting down, I closed the Citi account. When I spoke to Axis RM, he said that it would take one more year to close down Citi operations completely. and after that, we need to open a separate account in Axis. It wont be migrated automatically and one fine morning we will not see an Axis account instead of Citi.
As of now, I opened an ICICI salary account, but open to considering Axis also.
If you looking to open a Savings or Current account I can help you with the same. I have connections with wealth RM also who can help you understand investment options with us. Let me know if you if are planning to open account with Axis.

Eye of Ajay

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have closed my citi priority account and shifted to federal bank celesta program "Kit pending". Additionally the Priority Banking from SC seems quite nice can anyone confirm if the debit card gives RPs on credit card payments?

I had initally tried to go back to AXIS Burgundy but my account was never closed and has 7000 charged in account as AMC/Debit card/etc charges which was supposed to be closed a year back sadly even with me holding Axis Reserve Credit Card they did not wave the amount off.

insight

TF Ace
You will get Burgundy Debit Card, Select Credit Card and a Multi-currency Forex card complementary after getting onboarded to Burgundy Account.
Do these happen by default or have to be requested?
Cause we got converted from Priority (15 years) to Burgundy (TRUE) and got the DC & Kit.

Select and MuC FX not; although I read Select is an option, and how does MuC FX play?

Currently tried to initiate the Magnus to Mag Burg; branch said to call CS and CS says they stopped 19, offer open till 30, but only via App, popup offer, which doesnt show.

Any ideas on how to push to get past this disconnect.

insight

TF Ace
Hey, here is the update.
An OGS (One Glance Statement) is generated every month where you can see the investments done from your end, if you are a Burgundy holder, offers you are eligible to get, etc. Now, this OGS statement should reflect that you are having AQB/TRV maintained and hence eligible to get the magnus card. The statement is generated after 45days of account opening and the magnus offer is ending on 30th November without any extension. So by the time your OGS statement generates, magnus offer would no longer be available.

You will get Burgundy Debit Card, Select Credit Card and a Multi-currency Forex card complementary after getting onboarded to Burgundy Account.
Do these happen by default or have to be requested?
Cause we got converted from Priority (15 years) to Burgundy (TRUE) and got the DC & Kit.

Select and MuC FX not; although I read Select is an option, and how does MuC FX play?

Currently tried to initiate the Magnus to Mag Burg; branch said to call CS and CS says they stopped 19, offer open till 30, but only via App, popup offer, which doesnt show.

Any ideas on how to push to get past this disconnect.

Souvik

TF Premier
Hey, here is the update.

Thanks for your inputs, I was curious to go beyond automated pre-approved offers on a stale web page to also understand the practical user experience, and the challenges/surprises that @imdjay may have come across when he walks into the branch.

Quantum

TF Premier
Hi,

I opened an Axis Burgundy account in October with 10L. And if you could help get Magnus for Burgundy without the OGS requirement, then we can discuss more.

Quantum

TF Premier
Thanks for your inputs, I was curious to go beyond automated pre-approved offers on a stale web page to also understand the practical user experience, and the challenges/surprises that @imdjay may have come across when he walks into the branch.
Let's wait for @imdjay 's update on the challenges/surprises :)
I will share my experiences too, but let's just wait for his update, I'm sure he must be having surprises to share.