• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Anyone got their Citi Priority account converted to Axis Burgundy?

Quantum

TF Premier
Hello folks,

Two parts of this question:
1) After the acquisition of Citibank's consumer business by Axis this year in March time-frame, did anyone get their Citi Priority account "converted" to Axis Burgundy?
By conversion what I mean is that post moving the account, your Citi priority account doesn't exist anymore, and now it's only the Axis Burgundy account for you.
If yes, then did Citi folks/RMs reach out to you for the conversion, or you yourself asked for it?
Did they provide you any CC as well?

2) Also, what would be the future outcome for existing Citi Priority account customers by next year first half?
Will they continue to remain (and labelled) as Citi Priority customers forever or equivalent of Axis account and cards would be provided to them?
Any official link/document that talks about the specifics of it?

Thanks!

scn

TF Select
Citi salary converted to Axis Priority Banking Program for me, only sms in first week of March for new cheque book of Axis Priority Banking Program and will be delivered soon but not yet delivered and End of March already

I really hoping how Axis will serve 🤣 citi customers. Looks soon I will move salary account to another bank. There branches are full of crowd whenever I pass nearby and reviews from neighborhood is not good.

poseidon07

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Axis can never be Citi. I am offered a Burgundy account AMB>30L. Was a part of Citi Priority. In my personal experience, Axis is not even 1% in terms of handling customer concerns and grievances. I am moving out, just waiting an FD to get matured.

Iris

TF Buzz
Even my citi suvidha salary account got converted to Axis priority account. There was no communication from Axis over call or email. I just identified it when I got my Axis branded cheque book delivered(it is mentioned in the cheque book). I was looking for an Axis Burgundy account. What would be the criteria for the citi account to get converted into an Axis Burgundy account?
I even requested for a premium LTF credit card based on my Citi/Axis Salary account relationship. But they blatantly denied it and playing ping pong games. Not sure whether I will continue using the Axis bank account even it got converted to Burgundy.. Axis couldn't bring up the CITI's levels of customer relations satisfaction yet..

Attachments

• axis priority.jpg
    axis priority.jpg
    991.2 KB · Views: 23

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Even my citi suvidha salary account got converted to Axis priority account. There was no communication from Axis over call or email. I just identified it when I got my Axis branded cheque book delivered(it is mentioned in the cheque book). I was looking for an Axis Burgundy account. What would be the criteria for the citi account to get converted into an Axis Burgundy account?
I even requested for a premium LTF credit card based on my Citi/Axis Salary account relationship. But they blatantly denied it and playing ping pong games. Not sure whether I will continue using the Axis bank account even it got converted to Burgundy.. Axis couldn't bring up the CITI's levels of customer relations satisfaction yet..
S A M E.

shashank08

TF Premier
I got my citi savings account, with 1L TRV requirements, converted to Burgundy.
In the letter although nowhere it is mentioned that now burgundy amb needs to be maintained.
But I am curious to understand what is the logic of choosing burgundy or priority or any other variant for citi customers
I can see in this forum some citi salary accounts have been converted to priority but normal savings account have been given burgundy status.
Considering the citi's services and AMB requirements.. looks like burgundy is going to be losing game as it requires high amb/trv.

Quantum

TF Premier
I got my citi savings account, with 1L TRV requirements, converted to Burgundy.
In the letter although nowhere it is mentioned that now burgundy amb needs to be maintained.
But I am curious to understand what is the logic of choosing burgundy or priority or any other variant for citi customers
I can see in this forum some citi salary accounts have been converted to priority but normal savings account have been given burgundy status.
Considering the citi's services and AMB requirements.. looks like burgundy is going to be losing game as it requires high amb/trv.
Is your Citi savings account a Citi Priority account? Once the account balance reaches 15L and remains there for 3 months, Citibank used to convert such accounts to Citi Priority account (i.e. NRV >= 15L).
Did it hold the Citi Priority account status anytime in past or now?
As you said, it is a savings account, and Burgundy savings account has 10L AQB as the criteria.
Did your account statement reflect 10L AQB anytime in the last 1.5 years?

Last edited:

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
but normal savings account have been given burgundy status.
Mine is a savings account maintaining 1L MAB only. I received priority banking cheque.

I had converted my citi account from salary to savings 8-9 months ago. Used to hold a citi priority with quite decent TRV when it was a salary account.

Quantum

TF Premier
I had converted my citi account from salary to savings 8-9 months ago. Used to hold a citi priority with quite decent TRV when it was a salary account.
Had you not converted your Citi account from salary to savings and reduced TRV, you would have gotten the Burgundy salary account.

shashank08

TF Premier
Is your Citi savings account a Citi Priority account? Once the account balance reaches 15L and remains there for 3 months, Citibank used to convert such accounts to Citi Priority account (i.e. NRV >= 15L).
Did it hold the Citi Priority account status anytime in past or now?
As you said, it is a savings account, and Burgundy savings account has 10L AQB as the criteria.
Did your account statement reflect 10L AQB anytime in the last 1.5 years?
Till the time I had same citi account as my salary account, it was not converted to Priority account.
After I switched my salary account to some other bank and my account was converted to 1L TRV account, then somehow I received priority world debit card during renewal of my Citi debit card but I never received any intimation of conversion to priority account.

Citibank account has been recently converted to burgundy as most of citi customers started getting new cheque books but till now no communication of maintaining 10L AQB or 30L TRV.
SO for citi I was required to maintain a TRV of 1L as per communication from Citi when my account was converted to a savings account from suvidha salary account.

So now I am not sure if we require to maintain AQB/TRV as per burgundy/priority for the citi to axis converted accounts or I need to maintain only 1L TRV as per citi?

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Had you not converted your Citi account from salary to savings and reduced TRV, you would have gotten the Burgundy salary account.
My company doesn't allow Axis, Any how I had to move my salary account to some other bank. They only support HDFC, SC, ICICI and Kotak.

Quantum

TF Premier
Till the time I had same citi account as my salary account, it was not converted to Priority account.
After I switched my salary account to some other bank and my account was converted to 1L TRV account, then somehow I received priority world debit card during renewal of my Citi debit card but I never received any intimation of conversion to priority account.

Citibank account has been recently converted to burgundy as most of citi customers started getting new cheque books but till now no communication of maintaining 10L AQB or 30L TRV.
SO for citi I was required to maintain a TRV of 1L as per communication from Citi when my account was converted to a savings account from suvidha salary account.

So now I am not sure if we require to maintain AQB/TRV as per burgundy/priority for the citi to axis converted accounts or I need to maintain only 1L TRV as per citi?
Here's the reason why your account is converted to Axis Burgundy Savings account: Your Citi account had a Priority status. Citi doesn't notify when the account gets the Priority status. Citi Priority World DC is only provided to Citi accounts having Priority status. As your savings account had Priority status, it was converted to Burgundy Savings account.
You would need to wait for the official communication from Citi/Axis when the final merger happens and everyone is supposed to use Axis portal to login to their old-Citi account.

MONEY

TF Select
VIP Lounge
had a Citi priority account with 15 Lak TRV but was migrated to Axis Priority. now moving funds to DBS, SCB, or HSBC, mostly will open HSBC premier account.

BTW my brother's citi gold account has been shifted to burgandy private,

APT

TF Buzz
whats ur TH salary and TRV?

shashank08

TF Premier
how to find account converted is salary acc or normal saving acc either burgundy or priority?
If you have received cheque book of axis for your citi account then on that you will find a code written on chequebook.
For burgundy savings it will he SBPRV.
After getting the code from the cheque book refer following thread for more info.

Last edited:
Reactions: APT

APT

TF Buzz
Here's the reason why your account is converted to Axis Burgundy Savings account: Your Citi account had a Priority status. Citi doesn't notify when the account gets the Priority status. Citi Priority World DC is only provided to Citi accounts having Priority status. As your savings account had Priority status, it was converted to Burgundy Savings account.

You would need to wait for the official communication from Citi/Axis when the final merger happens and everyone is supposed to use Axis portal to login to their old-Citi account.
existing citi cards will be migrated to?