• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Anyone got their Citi Priority account converted to Axis Burgundy?

Quantum

TF Premier
Hello folks,

Two parts of this question:
1) After the acquisition of Citibank's consumer business by Axis this year in March time-frame, did anyone get their Citi Priority account "converted" to Axis Burgundy?
By conversion what I mean is that post moving the account, your Citi priority account doesn't exist anymore, and now it's only the Axis Burgundy account for you.
If yes, then did Citi folks/RMs reach out to you for the conversion, or you yourself asked for it?
Did they provide you any CC as well?

2) Also, what would be the future outcome for existing Citi Priority account customers by next year first half?
Will they continue to remain (and labelled) as Citi Priority customers forever or equivalent of Axis account and cards would be provided to them?
Any official link/document that talks about the specifics of it?

Thanks!

APT

TF Buzz
If you have received cheque book of axis for your citi account then on that you will find a code written on chequebook.
For burgundy savings it will he SBPRS.
After getting the code from the cheque book refer following thread for more info.

Thanks you!! isn't SBPRS : Burgundy Salary acc instead saving

Iris

TF Buzz
Even I had >15 L TRV in my Citi Salary account in the past, but regardless of that they converted my account to Axis priority. I could confirm it by some of the SMS they have sent related to cheque book delivery. No clues on how Axis works..

aparnahm

TF Buzz
Hi,

I am currently handling the Burgundy Affluent segment of Burgundy with Axis. Let me know if the above answers were helpful:

1) After the acquisition, Citi priority account or any account for that matter will not be converted to burgundy. To get the Burgundy title, you need to open a new account with us by either maintaining AQB of 10L in SA or CA or maintain a TRV of 30L. If you want to reach out to a Citi RM, I can help you get connected with them via call or via video call and clarify your doubts. You will get Burgundy Debit Card, Select Credit Card and a Multi-currency Forex card complementary after getting onboarded to Burgundy Account.

2)In Retail Banking segment, services will be same from Citi employees, but the branding will change from Citi to Axis.

In case you want to discuss more, we can do it over chat or phone.
Can I DM u?