• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Any review for AU Royale Saving Account?

Nemesis

TF Premier
I already hold Indusind Exclusive, IDFC Wealth (just converted after 10L MAB; they might get me downgraded to select if MAB gets low), ICICI (Salary account; CC told it's Titanium Saving account).

Am in search for the next good account i can get my hands on... AU Royale... seen the benefits like good interest rate on FD/Savings on their website with 1L MAB but want real reviews on the charges and customer care. Any other good account with low MAB and other charges with RM or should i wait till March next year for any offering just like Indusind Exclusive 0 balance?
I know many will tell for HDFC/Axis but won't be keeping more than 5L in each of them for offers.

I will soon convert my ICICI account to wealth (for 0 MAB) by switching the amount between IDFC wealth and ICICI.
Later will decide which account to keep salary one.

Not inclined for Credit Card... as they were already providing me AU Vetta LTF due to my company.

Last edited:

Salvo08

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I closed my AU account recently; can share my views for you to take some decision:

Positives:
1. Timely credit of interest - believe it is higher than what IDFC and other banks are offering
2. Instant approval of CC - this is irrelevant for you as you are not looking for one
3. AU Royale welcome Kit
4. Account can be closed just by sending a note to Customer Care - no need to visit Brach
5. No unnecessary charges

Negatives:
1. Pathetic RM
2. Less products from Loan perspective - they have still not launched Home loan in the market

Overall, a good account to hold.
@Nemesis very well summarized by @rajneeshray. I shall further add to this...
Pros:-
1. 1% cashback upto ₹200 per month for payment of credit card bills using Royale debit card.
2. Good offers on debit card like on 30% off (upto) ₹75 and ₹100 off on Swiggy and BB Now respectively as an example. There are many such offers.
3. regular benefits of lounge access and 1 on1 BMS offer.
4. You get the Royal status by just maintaing 1L of MAB whereas MAB is about much higher for this category of account.

Nemesis

TF Premier
1. 1% cashback upto ₹200 per month for payment of credit card bills using Royale debit card.
2. Good offers on debit card like on 30% off (upto) ₹75 and ₹100 off on Swiggy and BB Now respectively as an example. There are many such offers.
4. You get the Royal status by just maintaing 1L of MAB whereas MAB is about much higher for this category of account.
Thank You!! But I got zenith without Royale account... So I dropped savings account with them

Salvo08

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Since AU is small finance bank, is it safe to park money ? or better go with IDFC first or RBL bank as interest rates are better with AU.
Check share price of AU, IDFC and RBL; that should answer your question. In IDFC you need to take the deposit up to 10L to convert your account to Wealth variant to enjoy similar benefits (not sure about RBL) and in AU, you only need to maintain MAB of 1L. And you can manage to enjoy both IDFC Wealth and AU Royale then nothing like it.

Nemesis

TF Premier
Check share price of AU, IDFC and RBL; that should answer your question. In IDFC you need to take the deposit up to 10L to convert your account to Wealth variant to enjoy similar benefits (not sure about RBL) and in AU, you only need to maintain MAB of 1L. And you can manage to enjoy both IDFC Wealth and AU Royale then nothing like it.
Don't go by share price... Check by market capitalization if you really want to compare

Also depositary insurance... Max keep 5L in an account

IDFC only initial deposit is 10L later 25k balance , while AU 1L as MQB.

Salvo08

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Don't go by share price... Check by market capitalization if you really want to compare

Also depositary insurance... Max keep 5L in an account

IDFC only initial deposit is 10L later 25k balance , while AU 1L as MQB.
ya true. That’s why said that if you can manage both then nothing like it.

Many may not be able to spare 10L for three months in IDFC to get the account upgardaed to Wealth.

Souvik

TF Premier
Not a bad suggestion on AU Royale sir, however "regular benefits of lounge access and 1 on1 BMS offer." is this applicable on AU debit or credit card?

Also does AU give you decent LTF cards on C2C basis (maybe on Regalia for example)?

Salvo08

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Not a bad suggestion on AU Royale sir, however "regular benefits of lounge access and 1 on1 BMS offer." is this applicable on AU debit or credit card?
Both offers on Debit as well as AU Credit cards.
Also does AU give you decent LTF cards on C2C basis (maybe on Regalia for example)?
Yes you can try their card upgrade option (they have an offer where you punch in details of the card held by you and they offer the matching card to you though they claim their card to be a better one). In fact I became their Credit Card user first and then opened my account with AU. Now I have AU Royale DC and AU Zenith card, which is LTF.

epeter07

TF Buzz
Both offers on Debit as well as AU Credit cards.

Yes you can try their card upgrade option (they have an offer where you punch in details of the card held by you and they offer the matching card to you though they claim their card to be a better one). In fact I became their Credit Card user first and then opened my account with AU. Now I have AU Royale DC and AU Zenith card, which is LTF.
Which account gets you royale dc? And what is mab and debit card charge

I recently got my account upgraded to AU royale. How can i pay other CC Bills using Au royale debit card to get cashback, is there any application? I am not aware of it.