• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Premium Bank accounts to collect (usually with 0mab)

saucy

TF Ace
Planning to collect bank accounts as well?
Here are all the accounts you should look into.

0 MAB accounts will be added at the botton, because then it's not a collection, is it?

salary accounts not included yet - since they get 0 MAB pretty much everywhere except SC I guess🤔

Do let me know if it's possible to retain 0 MAB without getting salary in an account anymore.

P.s. please read this post till the end, most of the answers from the threads have been summarised/added here.

P.p.s pls do ask if there's some doubt
-----------------------------------------------------------

ICICI BANK
Wealth Management account
  • free cibil score
  • cool black theme
  • welcome kit (chequebook purse, card, deposit slips, cheque book)
  • 0 amb
  • visa signature/ mc world
  • family banking
  • dedicated RM
  • direct conntection to agent when you call their helpline
  • pre-approved credit cards in a few months
- 1-5L IP cheque/neft. 3L has been reported by many members -- I personally got for 1L
- upgrade existing account by maintaining 25L amb
- upgrade from regular accounts on crossing 5L in credit card limit from the bank
-
no need to buy any other thing along with it, such as insurance or demat account.
- may negotiate for a LTF sapphiro

Here is a link to read about my whole journey of opening the account.

HDFC BANK
Preferred/Classic /Imperia
these are relationship status. Account type is usually savings max.

• dedicated RM (you can get the branch manager to be RM for preferred/imperia)
  • Technically 0 AMB
  • family banking
  • Easy shop platinum debit card is free - gives 1% cashback on credit card bill payment
  • HELPS UPGRADE MONEYBACK+ to better cards
  • If opening a new account, you can get account number of your choice
- 2L/1L amb in existing account for 3 months, then request branch for upgrade
- IP cheque of 2L/1L (for new accounts) (IP is initial Pooling/payment that you make for opening new account)
- Imperia offered for 5L IP, or 10L balance maintenance
- they send a consent link, clicking which your account gets upgraded.
- once you have the upgrade, all the family accounts that are linked also get the same benefit.

I manually had to fight to get the upgrade. It's purely in the hands of the BM. Interview wagerah liya, and they do keep a track of how many emails/complaints you've raised with higher authority. More complaints = less likely the BM would want to upgrade your account (since you may complain about the BM)
I kept about 5L for a month and talked to BM and got the upgrade. Reduced funds to 2L later on.

IDFC first Bank
FUTURES FIRST ACCOUNT

• 0 amb
  • Helps tremendously for getting credit cards pre approved. However you might get a lower variant than what you may get by c2c or ITR method.
  • Decent app and service.
  • Marginally better FD rates.
  • Visa signature debit card.

0amb account for "premire institutions graduates" i.e. people who have graduated or studying.
- can be opened offline only (No institute graduation checked LoL)😛
- 2% cashback on credit card payment after 20k Idfc is in a weird place wrt rewards.
- old accounts can't be converted to this variant. It's a completely different fish.

My process - I went to the nearest branch. They said they can't open the account. Gave various reasons why it can't be opened etc etc.
I threatened them that their cust care directed me to this branch. Suddenly I was ushered into the BM office. Did the same dance again (I think they just play on the fact that general junta is a bit afraid - because they don't read the docs about the product)
BM got me the account within the next 10 mins. No cheque. No ID check. I entered "salaried" in occupation.
Added some funds into the account myself and the debit card reached me in 2 days.
The debit card is generated only after you add.funds.
Keep some good funds in it to get credit card offers quicker.

SBM Bank
SBM Wealth
  • Visa signature
- 5L IP cheque
-

SBM bank opens with 5L, but needs you to maintain 30L NRV

IndusInd bank
Select savings account (legend)
Exclusive savings account (pinnacle)
  • (To be added)
- get Legend CC (can be attained ltf) then creat account or link with the credit card (needs 50k IP)
- Seasonal offers

As suggested by @tryabp : if you have spare funds of 5 lac then you can directly open Grande account >> Get Pinnace CC for Free >> Then Downgrade Account to Exclusive.

RBL Bank
Aspire/Signature/Insignia (insignia has an amb requirement)
  • High interest rates - 4.25% upto 1L, 5.5% over 1L
  • 0 amb
  • Lounge access (2/qtr)
  • Signature+ debit card - spend 5L in a year and get 2% cashback
  • Easy access to RBL credit cards
  • Home visit for banking provided in signature variant (eg getting cash delivered home)
  • Account number of your choice
Eligibility -
1. Aspire - 1L in SA or CA
2. Signature - 2L in SA or 5L in CA
3. Insignia - 10L in CA
I was offered Aspire for 2L IP and Signature for 5L IP

You can directly open account with the above amounts. Can apply for any debit card or credit card along with the account opening forms

With RBL it's about hitting the right people. An agent who is a signature RM will get you signature account for the same 2L IP. While Aspire RM will push you to get aspire.
Aspire can be gotten for 1L with good negotiation.
I got offered Signature for 2L, but opened aspire with 1L (since I was dealing with aspire rm)

Account opens in 2 days, and they usualy conduct house verification.

Kotak Bank
Privy league accounts

AMB - 50K (Neon Account)
AMB - 0 (Platinum account)

• Essentially get 10% interest on the 50k deposit
  • Essentially a premium credit card, with 4 complimentary Priority Pass
- open a neon privy account
- buy privy signature credit card (2800 p.a.)
- spend 1k on the card every month religiously
- get ₹6400 per year
-benefits of the credit card
- premium banking account

SPECIAL MENTION
Regular bank accounts in PSBs
- get rupay select debit card (check here )
  • 1 month cult elite
  • 1 free spa session
  • 1 free medical test
  • Golf
  • OTT
Easiest account to open should be Bank of Baroda (needs your registered mobile and Aadhaar mobile to be the same)
In-branch experience was best for Indian Bank > BoB > central bank > union bank

If you guys have experience/ info about more accounts, please share. I would update the thread as and when i get those accounts.

Last edited:

its_karan

TF Ace
Mainly interest rate 😝 I shortlisted 3 bank at 1L MAB

2. UJJIVAN SMALL FB MAXIMA - Talk with BM he told they currently unavailable to add my family members under family banking so I told them let's hope in future your bank enable family banking under Maxima account then I will open an account with your bank 😁
3. AU BANK ROYAL - this bank branch location 110+ km from my home. I talk with some executive they told they can't open account at my place i have to go branch and they open my account same goes for my family members so I leave it.

If you have any better option for 1L+ MAB suggest me.

What % .

Last edited:
What % are you getting

Asking

To measure risk-reward
of a guy who keeps mostly in Liquid Funds
RBL Bank Savings Account - upto 1L 4.25%, above 1L 5.5% ; FD 8.1% for 18 to 24 months
Ujjivan Small FB savings account - upto 1L 3.5%, above 1L 5% ; FD 8.5% for 15 months
AU Small FB savings account - upto 1L 3.5%, above 1L 5% ; FD 8% for 18 months

Current use :- Indusind Bank - SB upto 1L 3.5%, above 1L 5% ; FD 7.75% for 18 months

raghav_mri

TF Buzz

0 MAB accounts will be added at the botton, because then it's not a collection, is it?

salary accounts not included yet - since they get 0 MAB pretty much everywhere except SC I guess🤔

Do let me know if it's possible to retain 0 MAB without getting salary in an account anymore.

P.s. please read this post till the end, most of the answers from the threads have been summarised/added here.

ICICI BANK
  • free cibil score
  • cool black theme
  • 0 amb
  • family banking
  • dedicated RM
- 1-5L IP cheque/neft. 3L has been reported by many members -- I personally got for 1L
- upgrade from regular accounts on crossing 5L in credit card limit from the bank
-
no need to buy any other thing along with it, such as insurance or demat account.

HDFC BANK

• Technically 0 AMB
  • family banking
  • Easy shop platinum debit card is free - gives 1% cashback on credit card bill payment
- IP cheque of 2L/1L (for new accounts) (IP is initial Pooling/payment that you make for opening new account)
- once you have the upgrade, all the family accounts that are linked also get the same benefit.

I manually had to fight to get the upgrade. It's purely in the hands of the BM. Interview wagerah liya, and they do keep a track of how many emails/complaints you've raised with higher authority. More complaints = less likely the BM would want to upgrade your account (since you may complain about the BM)
I kept about 5L for a month and talked to BM and got the upgrade. Reduced funds to 2L later on.

IDFC first Bank
FUTURES FIRST ACCOUNT

• 0 amb
  • Helps tremendously for getting credit cards pre approved. However you might get a lower variant than what you may get by c2c or ITR method.

0amb account for "premire institutions graduates" i.e. people who have graduated or studying.
- 2% cashback on credit card payment after 20k Idfc is in a weird place wrt rewards.
- old accounts can't be converted to this variant. It's a completely different fish.

My process - I went to the nearest branch. They said they can't open the account. Gave various reasons why it can't be opened etc etc.
I threatened them that their cust care directed me to this branch. Suddenly I was ushered into the BM office. Did the same dance again (I think they just play on the fact that general junta is a bit afraid - because they don't read the docs about the product)
BM got me the account within the next 10 mins. No cheque. No ID check. I entered "salaried" in occupation.
Added some funds into the account myself and the debit card reached me in 2 days.

SBM Bank
SBM Wealth
  • Visa signature
- 5L IP cheque
-

IndusInd bank
  • (To be added)
- get Legend CC (can be attained ltf) then creat account or link with the credit card (needs 50k IP)
- Seasonal offers

As suggested by @tryabp : if you have spare funds of 5 lac then you can directly open Grande account >> Get Pinnace CC for Free >> Then Downgrade Account to Exclusive.

RBL Bank
  • 0 amb
  • Lounge access (2/qtr)
  • Home visit for banking provided in signature variant (eg getting cash delivered home)
Eligibility -
3. Insignia - 10L in CA

You can directly open account with the above amounts. Can apply for any debit card or credit card along with the account opening forms

With RBL it's about hitting the right people. An agent who is a signature RM will get you signature account for the same 2L IP. While Aspire RM will push you to get aspire.
I got offered Signature for 2L, but opened aspire with 1L (since I was dealing with aspire rm)

Kotak Bank
Privy league accounts

AMB - 50K (Neon Account)

- get ₹6400 per year

SPECIAL MENTION
  • 1 month cult elite
  • 1 free spa session
  • 1 free medical test
  • Golf
  • OTT
Easiest account to open should be Bank of Baroda (needs your registered mobile and Aadhaar mobile to be the same)

If you guys have experience/ info about more accounts, please share. I would update the thread as and when i get those accounts.
I currently have a digiyouth savings account, Will I get an upgrade to classic/preferred banking if I maintain 1L MAB? If so, How is it technically 0 balance?

varun__goel_

TF Legend
I currently have a digiyouth savings account, Will I get an upgrade to classic/preferred banking if I maintain 1L MAB? If so, How is it technically 0 balance?
Deposit 1L, visit branch and ask them send consent link for enrollment into classic programme.

NMC charges are waived off if you're enrolled into the programme.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

ICICI BANK
  • free cibil score
  • cool black theme
  • 0 amb
  • family banking
  • dedicated RM
-

HDFC BANK

• Technically 0 AMB
  • family banking

IDFC first Bank
FUTURES FIRST ACCOUNT

• 0 amb

SBM Bank
SBM Wealth
  • Visa signature
- 5L IP cheque
-

IndusInd bank
  • (To be added)
- Seasonal offers

RBL Bank
  • 0 amb
  • Lounge access (2/qtr)
Eligibility -
3. Insignia - 10L in CA

Kotak Bank
Privy league accounts

AMB - 50K (Neon Account)

- get ₹6400 per year

SPECIAL MENTION
  • 1 month cult elite
  • 1 free spa session
  • 1 free medical test
  • Golf
  • OTT

Seems like HDFC classic & indusind only survived