• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Any implications on Fraud/ Income tax/ Laundering type

Enthusiast

TF Premier
I am involved in a part time job in which i receive around 1 lakh in a day from multiple sources through IMPS/UPI in one of my bank account and then i will buy USDT (multiple orders) in Binance and withdraw them according to the instructions of the team. So, In a day 1.02 lakh getting credited into my account and 1 lakh getting debited through Binance USDT buying (2% i.e.., 2000 Rs/- commission will be my gain per day). By doing this, what are the implications on my Income tax (I'm in 30% tax slab), Will my bank considers the daily transactions as fraud transactions kind of? Please enlighten me on this....

lucifer

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I am involved in a part time job in which i receive around 1 lakh in a day from multiple sources through IMPS/UPI
Is this the job? or you have something else as a job and this is what you do as a pass time?

lucifer

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Just part time, i have a permanent job (30% tax slab)....
For how long have you been doing this and how much amount has been credited this way?
Which bank are you using to do this transaction?

Effectively what you are doing is called money laundering in technical term

Enthusiast

TF Premier
For how long have you been doing this and how much amount has been credited this way?
Which bank are you using to do this transaction?

Effectively what you are doing is called money laundering in technical term
I got 2% commission, just did it for a day (1.02 Lac)... So, asking in this forum, is it a right way or not?

Dr. Drake

TF Ace
I suggest to stop this immediately if you have other source of income & I hope you didn't do this in your salary/saving Acc.
The commission is too low & the fines will be heavy that will sweat you out.

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am involved in a part time job in which i receive around 1 lakh in a day from multiple sources through IMPS/UPI in one of my bank account and then i will buy USDT (multiple orders) in Binance and withdraw them according to the instructions of the team. So, In a day 1.02 lakh getting credited into my account and 1 lakh getting debited through Binance USDT buying (2% i.e.., 2000 Rs/- commission will be my gain per day). By doing this, what are the implications on my Income tax (I'm in 30% tax slab), Will my bank considers the daily transactions as fraud transactions kind of? Please enlighten me on this....
If you do it properly as a business and as per allowed by law (you might require a license) it might be okay as it could be considered a service and those transfers just as regular cash flow and transactional activities, your commision would be your revenue and you'd be taxed on that.

Businesses can easily cross crores in incoming and outgoing transfers, but their revenue on the other hand is a fraction of that.

If it is not a registered business and you're using your personal accounts then good luck.

Last edited:

Enthusiast

TF Premier
If you do it properly as a business and as per allowed by law (you might require a license) it might be okay as it could be considered a service and those transfers just as regular cash flow and transactional activities, your commision would be your revenue and you'd be taxed on that.

Businesses can easily cross crores in incoming and outgoing transfers, but their revenue on the other hand is a fraction of that.

If it is not a registered business and you're using your personal accounts then good luck.

There's plenty of businesses
Thank you everyone for your inputs...

SiddharthR

TF Ace
What are the implications in the case below:
(Will it be considered money laundering?)
I take cash from a person, let's say, 100K & transfer it to his account.
@gurbina

Last edited:

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What are the implications in the case below:
(Will it be considered money laundering?)
I take cash from a person, let's say, 100K & transfer it to his account.
@gurbina
First outgoing transactions are less of an issue, you had the money, you can do as you please unless there's something illegal on it.

I don't think they'll make a fuzz over a one time thing or the occasional thing. Audits aren't common as to what I've seen and personally I have lots of fairly large questionable transactions that might need clarification and haven't gotten audited, yet.

The risk will always be there tho, smaller or bigger and might be more up to the person assigned to your case whether to accept that or not.

Don't take my words for granted, this is personal experience and also it seems to be very inconsistent unless you're truly doing something wrong.