• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

mobile banking apps/transactions and security on Chinese mobiles

ltf4ever

TF Ace
i am looking to buy a new mobile smartphone (Android) under 30k.
currently only exploring options like Samsung, Nokia, Motorola, pixel, lava.

in the same price range, there are chinese brands like oppo, vivo, redmi, realme, xiaomi, oneplus, nothing, etc that give a huge number of features compared to the brands I'm looking for.

my only concern is that my banking is now mostly done on my mobile banking apps, so i am scared about chinese brands and my banking data security (fingerprint, password, mpin, otp, etc). there have also been some instances where chinese mobile brands and apps were banned by our govt.

political reasons aside, can anyone explain if my fears are justified?

i download strictly from Play Store and keep disabled the download option from 3rd party app stores. i also don't download any apks.

Go for Pixel 6A. It's available at a good price plus timely updates and security patches.
Would suggest you to go for Pixel - if you are comfortable with slower charging speeds. I recently shifted from OnePlus to Pixel 7 and I'm feeling the reduced charging speeds everyday. I took it for its Camera and I'm satisfied.

Do checkout these phones before buying -
Nothing phone 1
OnePlus Nord 2T
Realme Gt neo 3T
Pixel 6a
Moto edge 30
IQOO Neo 7
IQOO 9 SE