• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

PF Online Fraud

Gautham

TF Premier
Hi All, My friend facing a serious issue with his UAN account. Please guide us how to deal with this.

My friend was working in company A till Aug 2021.
He switched to company B in Sep 2021 and worked till June 2022.
He is now working in company C currently.

So ideally 3 Employer accounts should have been created under his UAN number.

But instead 2 more (total 5) got created under his UAN. An account under establishment name US Facility Management Services got created in April 2021 (while working in company A itself). This company has been depositing money like 600rs every month in his PF account till now. Unfortunately my friend did not notice this as he did not get any SMS notification.

Now company C sent mail saying Dual employment violation and asking for explanation within 4 weeks. My friend did not work in any company apart from the above mentioned A, B and C. He has no idea how this "US Facility...." PF account got opened.

We suspect this company is a fake one and someone is misusing his UAN number. We checked his Form26AS and it is very clean. No mention of any salary deposits apart from A, B and C.

Please give your suggestions on how to deal with cases like this. Currently we are reaching out the local PF branch asking about the further steps as per lawyers advice.