• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Platinum Travel card for paying 32000 rent per month?

maynigam

TF Premier
Hello guys. Is there an option of paying rent via Amex Plat Travel card? If so, which are the portals and do we get any MR points? How about Bharatnxt to pay rent?

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yes, it does add up points but also attracts some fees depending on what portal you're paying with.

If you combine them with any of the spend offers and the yearly offers, that should offer you good value in return.

maynigam

TF Premier
so do you guys advice using amex platinum for rent payment? as there is 2% plus GST on mobikwik and 32000*12 = 3,84,000 will also help me achieve the 4L milestone and get around 8% returns. So I will get around 5.5% return atleast!
My other cards are Regalia Gold, Rubyx, Wealth, Scapia, SBI Octane, Tata Neu infinity, Magnus

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Mobikwik rent payment is classified as wallet load?
NO, “utilities payment” but stop sweating bro.

Rent payment on mobikwik using amex was stopped around 2 months back.

Try making a payment using amex & it will throw up an error message “this card has been blocked by zakpaay”.

However, FYI, while it lasted, the rent payments were considered as utilities payment & you got points. In the statement it showed up as “ZP utilities online Gurgaon”.

Last edited:

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Mobikwik allows Rent payment through Amex upto Rs 20,000 with 2.35% as Fees.
WRONG !!!

One could pay anything upto 2L in a month, even in a single transaction. However, that was till mobikwik was supporting rent payments using amex until around 2 months back.

Mobikwik stopped supporting amex rent payment around 2 months back. People who were not affected then is getting affected now, but it has stopped.

There was NEVER a 20K limit though !!

Refer to the attachment.

Attachments

• IMG_5619.jpeg
    IMG_5619.jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 85