• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

A really weird issue with address verification of my IDFC First Credit Card application

Post number 13 has been selected as best answer.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
Yesterday, 12-Sep-2023, I applied for a IDFC First Bank's Classic credit card on their official website.

As I'm self-employed (Freelance Software developer), I work from home, and so I mentioned the office address the same as my home address, and in the occupation, chose "Self Employed."

Within an hour, somebody from their team visited my house and asked for a few basic details about me (Like who owns the house, how many members live here, where I work, etc.) and took a snapshot of the house.

There are following stages in IDFC's credit card application:
Application Submission -> Document verification -> Application verification -> Credit Review -> Application decisioning -> Card generation

Within a few minutes after his visit, the third stage, which is "Application verification" stage, was marked as "done," and the next stage "Credit review" was now shown as pending.
1694609356394.jpeg

Now, today, 13-Sep-2023 in the afternoon, as soon as I tracked the application, within seconds I got the following SMS:
"Dear <My name>, your credit card application no. <application no.> could not be verified. We will be holding your application for 3 more days. Please provide your complete office address with landmark here https://idfcfr.in/somelink NO DOCUMENTS REQUIRED. Team IDFC FIRST Bank"

I clicked that link and submitted it again without any change (The office address still being my home's address).

And after the submission, when I tracked the application, guess what?

It again reverted to the "Application verification" stage and is now showing it as pending, whereas it was showing as "done" earlier.
1694609382731.png

Does that mean they will come again to do the verification?

At this point of time, I feel that it is going to be rejected. Both HDFC and ICICI Bank's applications were approved without any physical address verification. Why is IDFC's so troublesome?

Last edited:

ayman

TF Buzz
Yes exact same thing happened to me applied for vistara 2 visits & application got rejected when i applied it said it got approved & showed the limit as well when applying applied c2c with hdfc diners club with 15l limit got rejected after 2nd time address update stating internal reason.

When I was applying it was showing appoved with 7l + limit i still dont know the reason i put monthly income as 50k don't know was it because of that Or address or was it because of high limit. I put 50k so that they dont ask for income docs.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
Yes exact same thing happened to me applied for vistara 2 visits & application got rejected when i applied it said it got approved & showed the limit as well when applying applied c2c with hdfc diners club with 15l limit got rejected after 2nd time address update stating internal reason.

When I was applying it was showing appoved with 7l + limit i still dont know the reason i put monthly income as 50k don't know was it because of that Or address or was it because of high limit. I put 50k so that they dont ask for income docs.
Both the times where did they visit? At your home or at your office address?

ayman

TF Buzz
Both the times where did they visit? At your home or at your office address?
As I told your situation & mine exactly same as my business & service which i provide is digital i teach online & i sell through econ portal. He took a snap of my product as well. The guy who came for verification told that shouldn't be an issue. He asked me if I have name plate or anything i told that is not required for my business as well as teaching as all is done online. He even asked me which professional qualification i teach what is your store front for ecom sales i showed him my Amazon seller account & took my neighbors names as well. But still got rejected.

As I told your situation & mine exactly same as my business & service which i provide is digital i teach online & i sell through econ portal. He took a snap of my product as well. The guy who came for verification told that shouldn't be an issue. He asked me if I have name plate or anything i told that is not required for my business as well as teaching as all is done online. He even asked me which professional qualification i teach what is your store front for ecom sales i showed him my Amazon seller account & took my neighbors names as well. But still got rejected.
Me same issue, applied on Sept 29th, and on 23rd credit process status shown on credit review, again on 26th it has show application verification and on 29th it showed the credit review and again on 29th I got a message stating that Dear, your credit card application no. ××××× could not be verified. We will be holding your application for 3 more days. Please provide your complete office address with landmark here https://idfcfr./aGeH NO DOCUMENTS REQUIRED. Team IDFC FIRST Bank. Again I have filled the office address correctly. Can any one tell me what happens now ,

CosmicCat

TF Premier
Me same issue, applied on Sept 29th, and on 23rd credit process status shown on credit review, again on 26th it has show application verification and on 29th it showed the credit review and again on 29th I got a message stating that Dear, your credit card application no. ××××× could not be verified. We will be holding your application for 3 more days. Please provide your complete office address with landmark here https://idfcfr./aGeH NO DOCUMENTS REQUIRED. Team IDFC FIRST Bank. Again I have filled the office address correctly. Can any one tell me what happens now ,
They will come again at your office address.

Or better off, what worked out for me is, send the PNO the following details from your work email ID (Not the personal one) mentioned in your Application Form:
1. Occupation ( Salaried / Self Employed )
2. Company Name
3. Current Office Address
4. Reason for residence and office address in different location

Also mention the application number in the email and attach your income proof there (Salary slips/Account statement/ITR copy).

PapaSierra

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
IDFC First rejected my application since the address could not be verified as I was travelling when the executive visited. I had asked him to come after 4 days, neither did he come nor contacted me and later the application showed rejected. I called them regarding this, but the CE kept repeating the same bs about internal policies. So all in all, the CIBIL inquiry went waste.

Now they are again contacting to take the card, told them thanks but no thanks. It anyway has no benefits over the cards I already have and rarely are there any IDFC specific offers.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
IDFC First rejected my application since the address could not be verified as I was travelling when the executive visited. I had asked him to come after 4 days, neither did he come nor contacted me and later the application showed rejected. I called them regarding this, but the CE kept repeating the same bs about internal policies. So all in all, the CIBIL inquiry went waste.

Now they are again contacting to take the card, told them thanks but no thanks. It anyway has no benefits over the cards I already have and rarely are there any IDFC specific offers.
True that. IDFC FIRST Bank barely has any card-specific discounts. Neither any attractive rewards. The only benefit they have is, their cards are lifetime-free. That's all.

SycSCNR

TF Buzz
I had the same problem when applied for IDFC card.The agent came for verification and then there was no contact from the bank for 4 days.When I checked the status "application verification"was still pending.I mailed the pno about it and later got a reply stating that my card was rejected because my house verification was unsuccessful.
Still when I checked the application status it was not rejected but was on"application verification" pending.
But after two days another agent came and verified again and now got a message saying that my card is approved.

Anonymous ツ

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yesterday, 12-Sep-2023, I applied for a IDFC First Bank's Classic credit card on their official website.

As I'm self-employed (Freelance Software developer), I work from home, and so I mentioned the office address the same as my home address, and in the occupation, chose "Self Employed."

Within an hour, somebody from their team visited my house and asked for a few basic details about me (Like who owns the house, how many members live here, where I work, etc.) and took a snapshot of the house.

There are following stages in IDFC's credit card application:

Within a few minutes after his visit, the third stage, which is "Application verification" stage, was marked as "done," and the next stage "Credit review" was now shown as pending.
1694609356394.jpeg

Now, today, 13-Sep-2023 in the afternoon, as soon as I tracked the application, within seconds I got the following SMS:

I clicked that link and submitted it again without any change (The office address still being my home's address).

And after the submission, when I tracked the application, guess what?

It again reverted to the "Application verification" stage and is now showing it as pending, whereas it was showing as "done" earlier.
1694609382731.png

Does that mean they will come again to do the verification?

At this point of time, I feel that it is going to be rejected. Both HDFC and ICICI Bank's applications were approved without any physical address verification. Why is IDFC's so troublesome?
Did you get IDFC Credit card or not?

CosmicCat

TF Premier
Did you get IDFC Credit card or not?
Sorry for not updating the status here.

Yes, I did get the card. I had escalated it to the Head of Credit Cards of IDFC FIRST Bank. And some head from their underwriting team called me up and asked me to send my income proof to him from my work email address and the reason why my home and office address are the same (Because I was working from home).

I did it, and within a few hours, my application got approved.

I'm happy for how swiftly they responded, but saddened by the fact the credit limit is much lower than the other cards — which is around ₹60K. All my other cards have more than ₹1L limit.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
Sorry for not updating the status here.

Yes, I did get the card. I had escalated it to the Head of Credit Cards of IDFC FIRST Bank. And some head from their underwriting team called me up and asked me to send my income proof to him from my work email address and the reason why my home and office address are the same (Because I was working from home).

I did it, and within a few hours, my application got approved.

I'm happy for how swiftly they responded, but saddened by the fact the credit limit is much lower than the other cards — which is around ₹60K. All my other cards have more than ₹1L limit.
A fun fact I forgot to mention: That Head of Underwriting Team who had called me up knew that I shared this concern on Technofino as well. I was stunned how he knew that. 💀

But, regardless, their cards are useless in terms of rewards and merchant offers. In fact, I don't find it much rewarding compared to my SBI debit card. At least SBI allows you to use your reward points—whether partially or fully—for bill payment and recharge without any additional charges.

Pankhuri

TF Ace
A fun fact I forgot to mention: That Head of Underwriting Team who had called me up knew that I shared this concern on Technofino as well. I was stunned how he knew that. 💀

But, regardless, their cards are useless in terms of rewards and merchant offers. In fact, I don't find it much rewarding compared to my SBI debit card. At least SBI allows you to use your reward points—whether partially or fully—for bill payment and recharge without any additional charges.
Imagine being head of underwriting team of IDFC and reading this comment. Bechara sadme mein na chala jaaye.

affan489

TF Buzz
IMG-20231208-WA0002.jpg see I also faced the same issue my home verification also completed but at the end they declined stating that your home verification is not done that's why declined.
I have mailed the nodal officer they called me and asked the verification person phone number who have done my verification I gave him and they will reply within 5 days

IMG-20231208-WA0002.jpg see I also faced the same issue my home verification also completed but at the end they declined stating that your home verification is not done that's why declined.
I have mailed the nodal officer they called me and asked the verification person phone number who have done my verification I gave him and they will reply within 5 days
How do you know that your home verification has failed and this is the only reason that your IDFC application has declined?