• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

50 Lakh Cover for Rs 7,123/-. Too good to be true ?

NAB

TF Premier
I also got the same through my RM, I really hope never to be in a situation to use the same 😕

sudeep009

TF Buzz
So, I wanted to take a health insurance and decided to check policies and premiums. The huge difference is making my mind go nuts. what am I missing?

Policy 1: ICICI Lombard Health Shield 360, 50 Lakh health cover for 1 Adult is 7,123 rupees.
https://1drv.ms/b/s!Aj-KtmxrLYJ1jRc6CiDpMnqF52fH?e=0X7cxT

Policy 2: HDFC Ergo Optima Secure, 50 Lakh cover for 1 adult is 69044 rupees.
https://1drv.ms/b/s!Aj-KtmxrLYJ1jRgMULZF5jwu2WPT?e=3ZmYmo

The difference in premium is too much. Anyone else came across the same ?
Can you pls upload it again? its no longer working

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Generally when something looks too good to be true, it is.
I don't know why hdfc would not start doing the same rates. Its a competetive mkt.

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
for those interested, dcb bank gave me an option of 1cr health insurance for 5k-10k. Tie up with bajaj/ royal sundaram.

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
What is a "group"policy?
A group policy doesn't mean a policy where a group of people(>1) needs to be insured , as most people in this thread seems to understand this way. These policies are termed as family floater or multi-individual policies but not "group" policies.

Group policies are those which are sold by insurance companies to organisation "groups" in bulk like employees of a company (the corporate policy is a group policy as it is purchased by your company by negotiating with the insurer for a lower premium and has no pre existing diseases waiting period generally). So, a group policy can also be purchased only by a single person for himself only.

I just came by this thread today, but seems surprising how come a group health insurance policy for icici employees is being sold to its customers as well? Is this really true and does it cover all pre existing diseases from day 1?

Last edited:

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
There are several such group policies. Amex has a group personal accident cover. SBI has a few. etc.
Is this icici Lombard group policy they are talking abt which is available cheaply for icici bank customers their top of the line product when compared with niva Bupa reassure 2.0 or hdfc ergo's optima? What is the catch here..

And is it available for 65+ who has bank account with icici, if anyone tried?

CyberPsych

TF Ace
the corporate policy is a group policy as it is purchased by your company by negotiating with the insurer for a lower premium and has no pre existing diseases waiting period generally). So, a group policy can also be purchased only by a single person for himself only.
My employer provided mandatory health insurance (which is a group policy) allows me to add dependents for extra premium which means I can purchase for multiple people