• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

50 Lakh Cover for Rs 7,123/-. Too good to be true ?

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi Guys
Just a simple advise, for health insurance and term life, always go to a reputed insurance brokers such as "First Policy" or some other,s ince they will do all the ground work and get things done for you. You dont pay them any commission or anything and they get you the best rates and best possible features.
I personally have taken my family floater health insurance via First policy Cochin and they were excellent in their service. On my request they went back and took off room rent cap and all other caps. But could take off the waiting period for PED, but then go it reduced to 1 yr I think. Luckily none of my family has any PED, so it didnt matter much. I got a 50K surgery done for my 7 yr old last year and got cashless for 44K and 6K I had to pay. Paid then and went back to agent, she fought with ICICI and got me the 5.5K refunded. I'm from Kannur district, Kerala and ICICI works well with network hospitals in my place.
This info might be useful for someone.

Last edited:

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
Hi Guys
Just a simple advise, for health insurance and term life, always go to a reputed agency such as "First Policy" or some other,s ince they will do all the ground work and get things done for you. You dont pay them any commission or anything and they get you the best rates and best possible features.
I personally have taken my family floater health insurance via First policy Cochin and they were excellent in their service. On my request they went back and took off room rent cap and all other caps. But could take off the waiting period for PED, but then go it reduced to 1 yr I think. Luckily none of my family has any PED, so it didnt matter much. I got a 50K surgery done for my 7 yr old last year and got cashless for 44K and 6K I had to pay. Paid then and went back to agent, she fought with ICICI and got me the 5.5K refunded. I'm from Kannur district, Kerala and ICICI works well with network hospitals in my place.
This info might be useful for someone.
any website of them? couldn't find

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
after 60 when you will need the policy the most you wont have cover. No other company will give u cover if you get lifetyle diseasses like BP OR SUGAR.
Lul,
insurance policy is not just for namesake to show it in your portfolio, it is something not be boasted upon if one gets at low premium.

hs23new

TF Premier
T
Yes, read the policy wordings, it will continue after 60
1) Correct, bank has confirmed the same. It will continue after 60. Only condition is that if you close the ICICI savings account then policy cannot be renewed.

2) ICICI has discontinued policy less then 25L. 25L is minimum.

3) For modern surgeries, capping is 50% off the SI. This is still better then other policies which cap to base SI as this 25L policy is cheaper then 10L policy.

4) If you are under 35, the policy is practically free when you consider the extensive free health check up included. Health check up with most other policies does not include radiology.

Last edited:

AlgoTrader

TF Ace
1) Correct, bank has confirmed the same. It will continue after 60. Only condition is that if you close the ICICI savings account then policy cannot be renewed.

3) For modern surgeries, capping is 50% off the SI. This is still better then other policies which cap to base SI as this 25L policy is cheaper then 10L policy.

4) If you are under 35, the policy is practically free when you consider the extensive free health check up included. Health check up with most other policies does not include radiology.
awesome, seems this is better than any other policy out there

AlgoTrader

TF Ace
awesome, seems this is better than any other policy out there

one more question,
is this policy applicable only for policy holder or can we add kids too?

harshit_agrawal

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge

From where you got to know min 25L condition and also 50% coverage of SI for modern surgeries?

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
how is this policy...can someone with only cc get it from branch?
yes. but they'll try to convince you to open an account to get commission of acc opening. all they need is Cust ID ideally.

you can tell them your friends got this policy with just cc, they'll ask you to tell your PAN/ph no. and get the ID from their system and fill the proposal form with that.

ccdc

TF Ace
i dont want to visit bank and listen to them pitch their products ultimately to tell them no....anyone has number of any agent who does this policy....i'll get policy without hassle and he'll get his comm...win-win