• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

30% Bonus CV Points with Club Vistara’s Partner Transfers

Cardmarvel

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
i got 10,199 bonus on 33,998
When did you receive the bonus? I saw many folks getting it 1-2 weeks back, but I haven’t so far. When I checked with customer support last week, they said it will happen by 15th May. But that’s like tomorrow

Was there any T&C that I may have missed?

Virgo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I too did not receive. Raised a complaint with the helpline and I am being told I didn’t register for the promotion whereas I specifically remember doing so. Unfortunately I don’t have the screenshot for the same so there is no way to argue around it.

Cardmarvel

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I too did not receive. Raised a complaint with the helpline and I am being told I didn’t register for the promotion whereas I specifically remember doing so. Unfortunately I don’t have the screenshot for the same so there is no way to argue around it.
Oh, I probably missed that too. What was needed to register?

Cardmarvel

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Oh, I probably missed that too. What was needed to register?
Ok. I went back and reread the offer. Clearly missed the point about registering for the offer. It’s mean for Club Vistara to have such T&C and not mention it in bold. They just lost my respect

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Ok. I went back and reread the offer. Clearly missed the point about registering for the offer. It’s mean for Club Vistara to have such T&C and not mention it in bold. They just lost my respect
Ye sahi hai, khudki galti nahi maanni.

Cardmarvel

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Ye sahi hai, khudki galti nahi maanni.
Maan li bhai.. I am not gonna chase for those lost miles.. but there is no logic in Club Vistara to ask people to first register. What does that mean? I am a CV member and I transferred miles within the offer. What does that additional, somewhat hidden registration requirement serve, except making their customers do additional work or fight or become grumpy later?

And if registration is so important to them, they should write it in bold. They had a “Register and Transfer” box, but that was read as Register to CV program and hence ignored.

Anyways, there are companies like Amazon that are built around customer satisfaction and then there are others

Cardmarvel

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I just checked with another friend of mine who transferred a large number of points, but also did not see the registration requirement. So this is going to be a wide spread problem, leaving behind many unhappy customers. If I was their campaign manager, I would either not have the requirement or make it clear or if members now ask for bonus, they should be generous enough to honour (after all verifying that members transferred miles within the offer period is very easy)

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I just checked with another friend of mine who transferred a large number of points, but also did not see the registration requirement. So this is going to be a wide spread problem, leaving behind many unhappy customers. If I was their campaign manager, I would either not have the requirement or make it clear or if members now ask for bonus, they should be generous enough to honour (after all verifying that members transferred miles within the offer period is very easy)
if you are giving 30% extra miles, you would definitely want the people to work a bit for them. Not reading the entire requirement and blaming the airlines for it is not right

Cardmarvel

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
if you are giving 30% extra miles, you would definitely want the people to work a bit for them. Not reading the entire requirement and blaming the airlines for it is not right
What was in the registration form? Can’t see it anymore. Anyways, I am a consumer and I feel bad about something, it’s a problem that the company should be worried about, not me

Cardmarvel

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You either want to give 30% or you don’t want. What’s the point in playing a trick? What were they trying to achieve by giving 30% bonus? What are they losing by not giving to legitimate members for legitimate transactions (even if they miss reading some T&C which was hidden by default)? That’s something CV needs to think about

Cardmarvel

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Before Amazon arrived in India, they started their global shipping program. During those 2 years (2011-2013 IIRC), I ordered so many things, probably spent 10-20K USD. No order was ever missed, every return request was honored by compensating it in full (return was not possible, so they would ask me to keep the stuff and refund money). Import fees and delivery charger were waived off numerous time.

I have never gone back to anything else since then. Never shopped on FK or any other platform ever (unless not available on Amazon)

That’s what I call customer satisfaction. Of course, others might have different experiences, but Amazon never let me down

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Before Amazon arrived in India, they started their global shipping program. During those 2 years (2011-2013 IIRC), I ordered so many things, probably spent 10-20K USD. No order was ever missed, every return request was honored by compensating it in full (return was not possible, so they would ask me to keep the stuff and refund money). Import fees and delivery charger were waived off numerous time.

I have never gone back to anything else since then. Never shopped on FK or any other platform ever (unless not available on Amazon)

That’s what I call customer satisfaction. Of course, others might have different experiences, but Amazon never let me down
i take it that you followed the procedure for returns as directed by amazon and not on your on whims right(try returning a piece of clothing without the price tag)? any and every offer for a firm is completely at their own prerogative. next time just be more mindful of the tnc and go through the offer document, atleast the main points.

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
also if you check the 2nd post on this thread and the mail you mustve got from Vistara it states in bold and a box "Register Now", not really sure how would anyone would state more clearly! :p
1684048661631.png

Cardmarvel

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
also if you check the 2nd post on this thread and the mail you mustve got from Vistara it states in bold and a box "Register Now", not really sure how would anyone would state more clearly! :p
1684048661631.png
As I said, I read Register Now as enroll to their CV program. Since I am a Gold member already, I did not bother. And I am pretty sure I am not the only one. A friend of mine who transferred 100k points also read it that way. In hindsight you may say I was lazy or not super careful. Sure I will be extra careful next time, but CV can’t take away my right to be unhappy and penalize them in someway, right? 😂

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
As I said, I read Register Now as enroll to their CV program. Since I am a Gold member already, I did not bother. And I am pretty sure I am not the only one. A friend of mine who transferred 100k points also read it that way. In hindsight you may say I was lazy or not super careful. Sure I will be extra careful next time, but CV can’t take away my right to be unhappy and penalize them in someway, right? 😂
Point taken! 🤣

manzb

TF Premier
Consider it a cost of the lesson that any offer typically carries TnC. One must be aware of the main TnCs if not all legal parts. No offer is there without TnC. Even if you find many as stupid, but it is as per their policy for the offer and hence the company is not at fault. That is what @R!ppEr tried to explain to you. Take it positively.

Cardmarvel

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Consider it a cost of the lesson that any offer typically carries TnC. One must be aware of the main TnCs if not all legal parts. No offer is there without TnC. Even if you find many as stupid, but it is as per their policy for the offer and hence the company is not at fault. That is what @R!ppEr tried to explain to you. Take it positively.
Yeah, sure.. It was my first time transferring points to miles.. lesson learnt. TBH it's not a big loss to me since I had transferred bulk of points before the offer was launched for our overseas trip in March.

manzb

TF Premier
Yeah, sure.. It was my first time transferring points to miles.. lesson learnt. TBH it's not a big loss to me since I had transferred bulk of points before the offer was launched for our overseas trip in March.
Though I had transferred some in Feb end .. but still managed to transfer 60K points (48K CV) .. with approx 14K bonus now. Would have transferred whole lot more but as Vistara is folding their operations, not sure how this CVs will end up.. so to be on the safer side transferred only those points which are likely to be consumed before Diwali or so.