• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

20% TCS on all international transactions done using a credit card

Stratosphere

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Now, it's necessary to keep a record of all foreign exchange transactions, including minor domain purchases. All of these need to be verified during the income tax return filing. This will become even more inconvenient when making expenditures during international travels. Bought a coffee at an airport in Vietnam? You'll need to record that and verify it during your income tax return.
Exactly. This will create a whole lot of issues at the time of filing. Every statement will have to be audited to make sure we can eek out all the foreign transactions done, even online and on Indian soil. Dayummmm

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Exactly. This will create a whole lot of issues at the time of filing. Every statement will have to be audited to make sure we can eek out all the foreign transactions done, even online and on Indian soil. Dayummmm
I think in that case , isnt it best to get forex currency , that would also charge 20% TCS , then you wont need to think about maintaining those petty transactions ?

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Net reward rate of Reserve falls to approx 8.83%

Calculation
Spend: 2000 equivalent in Forex
Fx Markup: 30
Fx Markup GST: 5.4
TCS: 400
Rewards: 300
Airmiles: 240
Interest earned for 400 @7%: 28

Estimated value = 240-30-5.4-28 = 176.6 = 8.83% Net reward rate

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Net reward rate of Reserve falls to approx 8.83%

Calculation
Spend: 2000 equivalent in Forex
Fx Markup: 30
Fx Markup GST: 5.4
TCS: 400
Rewards: 300
Airmiles: 240
Interest earned for 400 @7%: 28

Estimated value = 240-30-5.4-28 = 176.6 = 8.83% Net reward rate
This is subjective as TCS can also be used as advance tax payment by some people.

dungeonMaster

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My company is listed on Nasdaq, I buy share of my org and the amount is deducted through my salary. Will TCS be deducted in this case?

dungeonMaster

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Maybe, cleartax etc will come with some feature to read statement for forex transactions like cred does.