• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Burgundy Magnus 5:4 ratio

Post number 427 has been selected as best answer.

drsel

TF Legend
1) Please post here when your Magnus card with Burgundy status shows a 5:4 conversion ratio.

2) Also post if you have received a brand new Burgundy Magnus card or have the same old Magnus card.

3) Whether the brand new burgundy Magnus card is lifetime free or old Magnus card is made lifetime free because of your Burgundy 10 lac AQB savings account.

So far I don't think anyone in India is getting it, but its supposed to be starting from 15 to 21 September 2023.

Also kindly let us know how simple and easy it is to convert your existing ordinary savings account in Axis Bank to a Burgundy savings account. Thanks 🙏

Last edited:

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
This is how I did my stated valuation following law of averages which I was able to realize - happy to be corrected..

1715493852860.png
It all depends on your value of Amex points. Most people will value it 50 paise, if you do that Amex value will drop significantly.. on top of that Amex won’t be accepted most places.. but if you are able to use Amex everywhere and able to realize 75 paise value for MR good for you..
also i didn’t understand your 14,200 points for 2 lakh spends on MB..
i said it earlier also.. fight for Magnus Burgundy LTF with your RM as you had earlier.. if you get it take it.. don’t take paid version either regular or burgundy Magnus

drsel

TF Legend
This is how I did my stated valuation following law of averages which I was able to realize - happy to be corrected..

1715493852860.png
Points are not worth Rs 1
see the reviews of these cards by Card Academy or Spend wisely on YouTube
Or
Card Expert or Card Maven on Google.
you will understand the return percent.

magnusfan

TF Buzz
Are you able to extract 1 point=1 Re for AI's FR? I find that possible only on J bookings(direct domestic flights). Otherwise, it's anywhere between Rs.0.6-0.8/mile
With the recent re-jig, it has improved and it really depends on the sectors. Like I get 1:1 for Delhi-Mumbai, Delhi/Ahmedabad and many more.
But sectors like Delhi-Vadodara and the less served quadrants remains a no-go - thats where the Infinia 70% comes in handy!

magnusfan

TF Buzz
It all depends on your value of Amex points. Most people will value it 50 paise, if you do that Amex value will drop significantly.. on top of that Amex won’t be accepted most places.. but if you are able to use Amex everywhere and able to realize 75 paise value for MR good for you..
also i didn’t understand your 14,200 points for 2 lakh spends on MB..
i said it earlier also.. fight for Magnus Burgundy LTF with your RM as you had earlier.. if you get it take it.. don’t take paid version either regular or burgundy Magnus
Magnus Burgundy calculation for 2L spends:
=((150000/200*12)+(50000/200*35))/5*4

drsel

TF Legend
1) Please post here when your Magnus card with Burgundy status shows a 5:4 conversion ratio.

2) Also post if you have received a brand new Burgundy Magnus card or have the same old Magnus card.

3) Whether the brand new burgundy Magnus card is lifetime free or old Magnus card is made lifetime free because of your Burgundy 10 lac AQB savings account.

So far I don't think anyone in India is getting it, but its supposed to be starting from 15 to 21 September 2023.

Also kindly let us know how simple and easy it is to convert your existing ordinary savings account in Axis Bank to a Burgundy savings account. Thanks 🙏
Okay I shall answer my own questions--
1) first week of Dec 2023 for me at least
2) brand new Burgundy card
3) brand new Burgundy card is lifetime free and old Magnus card got deactivated after 45 days.
But you need to maintain 30 lacs in savings or FD to be true Burgundy.
10 lakhs is not enough

magnusfan

TF Buzz
My concluded order of preference:
1. Infinia with 5x / 10x
2. Amex travel till 4L milestone completed
3. SBI Air India Signature for all other spends

Magnus / Magnus Burgundy doesn't remain a thriller anymore except when one can utilise travel spends here (for me, all official travel is corporate Amex)!

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
With the recent re-jig, it has improved and it really depends on the sectors. Like I get 1:1 for Delhi-Mumbai, Delhi/Ahmedabad and many more.
But sectors like Delhi-Vadodara and the less served quadrants remains a no-go - thats where the Infinia 70% comes in handy!
Hmm. There is some improvement, but I still feel the mileage requirements are quite high. Earlier I used to book economy revenue and use the miles to upgrade to business. This way I was able to extract the best value.

Last edited:

drsel

TF Legend
For example Mumbai to Bangalore advance booking economy ticket--

4000 miles required plus 1000 extra compared with the revenue ticket of 2850 including discount, convenience fee, airport fees and taxes would mean the mile is worth 46.25 paisa

Last edited:

drsel

TF Legend
Another real life example --
Mumbai to Melbourne economy fare is 32500 one way including discount, convenience fee, airport fees and taxes
OR
40000 Singapore Airlines Kris fly miles + 6000 extra.

So the Singapore Airlines Kris flyer mile in this case is 66.25 paisa

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Another real life example --
Mumbai to Melbourne economy fare is 32500 one way including discount, convenience fee, airport fees and taxes
OR
40000 Singapore Airlines Kris fly miles + 6000 extra.

So the Singapore Airlines Kris flyer mile in this case is 66.25 paisa
In most cases, it is very difficult to get a redemption value over Rs.1/mile on economy unless there is a bonus or promo fare available. Business and first class are where the points shine. I read on this forum that someone was able to grab a business class award from DEL-LHR for just 30k miles+tax. That's close to a revenue one way economy fare. So you need to be lucky or very flexible and you may find a very good deal. Or you'll have to book open jaw/round-the-world bookings to get more than Rs.1/mile for economy bookings which requires a lot of planning and expertise.

Last edited:

drsel

TF Legend
How? I have an m4b but Iam not sure how to get to 9%...which spends?
All spends offline and online will get you 4.8% return up to 1.5 lacs spends and 14% return above 1.5 lacs spends in a Calendar month.
So 3 lacs spend in a Calendar month will get 9.4% return.

Excludes giftedge, Grabdeals and Traveledge spends

drsel

TF Legend
In most cases, it is very difficult to get a redemption value over Rs.1/mile on economy unless there is a bonus or promo fare available. Business and first class are where the points shine. I read on this forum that someone was able to grab a business class award from DEL-LHR for just 30k miles+tax. That's close to a revenue one way economy fare. So you need to be lucky or very flexible and you may find a very good deal. Or you'll have to book open jaw/round-the-world bookings to get more than Rs.1/mile for economy bookings which requires a lot of planning and expertise.
Very often these miles experts forget to include the extra charges and taxes which get added on and which cannot be paid using miles.

In your example the 30000 Miles could well have had a 15000 extra charge added to it.

I am often seen first class and n business class seats empty on flights because just like everything in life, a little better is much more expensive

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
My concluded order of preference:
1. Infinia with 5x / 10x
2. Amex travel till 4L milestone completed
3. SBI Air India Signature for all other spends

Magnus / Magnus Burgundy doesn't remain a thriller anymore except when one can utilise travel spends here (for me, all official travel is corporate Amex)!
Amex Travel isn't that great. Reaching the 4 lakhs milestone gets you around 45k points which are equal to around 15k in actual usage in best case scenario. So that's a reward rate of around 3% and only if you complete the 4 lakhs milestone. Hardly anything to get excited about. Even if you extract a little more, it's not going to be over a 5% return.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Very often these miles experts forget to include the extra charges and taxes which get added on and which cannot be paid using miles.

In your example the 30000 Miles could well have had a 15000 extra charge added to it.

I am often seen first class and n business class seats empty on flights because just like everything in life, a little better is much more expensive
Depends on which loyalty program you redeem with. But yes, in some cases the fuel surcharges on award redemption can be very high like with Flying Blue. But it can also be very nominal if booked with FFPs like Aeroplan, Turkish, etc.

And for the 30k miles example that I stated above the taxes should've been very low since the partner airline was Air India. Maybe 2-3K tops.
I only fly business/first using points. Or only if I can upgrade for a nominal charge which is rare. You need to try the Qatar Q suite once, you'll know how much of a difference there is.

Last edited: