• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Burgundy Magnus 5:4 ratio

Post number 427 has been selected as best answer.

drsel

TF Legend
1) Please post here when your Magnus card with Burgundy status shows a 5:4 conversion ratio.

2) Also post if you have received a brand new Burgundy Magnus card or have the same old Magnus card.

3) Whether the brand new burgundy Magnus card is lifetime free or old Magnus card is made lifetime free because of your Burgundy 10 lac AQB savings account.

So far I don't think anyone in India is getting it, but its supposed to be starting from 15 to 21 September 2023.

Also kindly let us know how simple and easy it is to convert your existing ordinary savings account in Axis Bank to a Burgundy savings account. Thanks 🙏

Last edited:

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
1. I had Edge Rewards 57026, MB 9852 -> Transferred max points -> 9800
2. New Status -> Edge Rewards 47226 , MB 5445 -> Transferred max points -> 5400
3. Now the there isn't any more jumping and Edge Rewards 41826 , MB 45

Could one please help how to make it jump from one bucket to another and redeem my edge rewards ?
Same has happened with me. I have made more transactions with M4B card to get ERs in the MB bucket. But Axis is also delaying giving base ER points in MB bucket.

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Same issue for me. Been searching the forum for others' experience but haven't found any solution. Most people have been getting meaningless responses from the CC team.
There is no solution. Any accelerated points whether Travel Edge or Gyftr or AEP will go into the ER bucket only. The only "solution" or workaround is to keep getting base credit card points on Magnus Burgundy so that you can keep on transferring from ER bucket too.

magnusfan

TF Buzz
I m in a difficult situation:
Axis (can't understand why) stopped my Magnus Burgundy...I have a salary account on which I got the upgrade earlier and nothing has really changed on the salary part - I still have the Burgundy salary account!

I don't trust Axis anymore and I m sure once I close my salary account, the BM will come running.. but, I m not sure if I should still fight for Magnus Burgundy..I am routing my spends as under and wanted advice:
1. I try to get most expenses (including school fees, insurance, electricity bill, etc) via Amazon vouchers via smartbuy (HDFC Infinia: gives about 16% returns)
2. Rest spends are via SBI Air India Signature (gives about 10% returns)
3. Amex travel till yearly 4 L ( gives about 12% returns)

Magnus Burgundy will be about 9% max, right? What do u think

drsel

TF Legend
Axis (can't understand why) stopped my Magnus Burgundy...I have a salary account on which I got the upgrade earlier and nothing has really changed on the salary part - I still have the Burgundy salary account!

I don't trust Axis anymore and I m sure once I close my salary account, the BM will come running.. but, I m not sure if I should still fight for Magnus Burgundy..I am routing my spends as under and wanted advice:
1. I try to get most expenses (including school fees, insurance, electricity bill, etc) via Amazon vouchers via smartbuy (HDFC Infinia: gives about 16% returns)

You calculations are completely way off target can you explain how you came to these high returns

magnusfan

TF Buzz
You calculations are completely way off target can you explain how you came to these high returns
Infinia Smartbuy: with 5x returns on Amazon pay, Amazon shop, etc, etc... it comes to about 16% (max is 15k points per month)

SBI Air India Signature: 4% normal returns plus the milestones, one can easily get to 10%in the first year and about 8% second year onwards

Amex Travel: about 48k points + 10k taj vouchers on 4 L spend

Axis magnus: If you spend about 2L per month with a mix of 2x/5x (without travel), you can reach about a max of 9%

I value 1 point = 1 INR since it we play it right, can manage

Last edited:

drsel

TF Legend
Infinia Smartbuy: with 5x returns on Amazon pay, Amazon shop, etc, etc... it comes to about 16% (max is 15k points per month)

SBI Air India Signature: 4% normal returns plus the milestones, one can easily get to 10%in the first year and about 8% second year onwards

Amex Travel: about 48k points + 10k taj vouchers on 4 L spend

Axis magnus: If you spend about 2L per month with a mix of 2x/5x (without travel), you can reach about a max of 9%

I value 1 point = 1 INR since it we play it right, can manage
Only 70% points can be used for flight tickets which is the best redemption with infinia so then they return goes down to 15.5 from 16.66%
Then Amazon pay charges 2.95% fees so the return goes down to 12.6% if you buy Amazon pay

I hope you know that SBI points a valued at 40 paisa to 50 paisa.

Amex points are worth 30 paisa and the 10000 voucher is worth 5000.

Magnus burgundy gives 4.8% return below one and half lakhs and 14% return above 1.5 lakhs

magnusfan

TF Buzz
Only 70% points can be used for flight tickets which is the best redemption with infinia so then they return goes down to 15.5 from 16.66%
Then Amazon pay charges 2.95% fees so the return goes down to 12.6% if you buy Amazon pay

Magnus burgundy gives 4.8% return below one and half lakhs and 14% return above 1.5 lakhs
Let's not get into subji mandi valuation - to each it's own..
I agree with reduction of the 2.9% fees on smartbuy - but that's only for Amazon pay!

Anyways, do you see a better valuation for Magnus Burgundy than a max out to 9% average?

magnusfan

TF Buzz

My views on the valuation:
-SBI points are Air India and for me, Delhi Mumbai flights mostly gives a 1:1 return
-Amex points to Marriott: I have been able to get even 1.2 sometimes (like Rishikesh property) for a newer priority. In general, 1:1 should work
-Taj voucher: It's definitely 1:1. I recently stayed at Taj Agra and was able to use the vouchers at member rates

So, I think to reach it's own!

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

I don’t understand this logic of reducing value due to use of 70% points. Using 70% points for smartbuy redemption doesn’t reduce the value of your points by 70%. It just says in one transaction you can pay 70% by points and balance by card (on which you also earn 5x/10x btw). It is not like if you have 100 points, you can only use 70% of them. You can always use entire 100% of points as long as they are less than 70% of transaction value. I have multiple times made my Infinia points as zero (by using on smartbuy for flights) and again made them huge amount by earning. Hdfc Infinia smartbuy gyftr is simple, 16.67% for everything except amazon pay and 13.7% for amazon pay vouchers.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Is your net salary credit more than 3L per month (excluding bonus and any other stuff)? Only then Magnus Burgundy will continue.

Else Axis also gives Burgundy status for <3L salary also, but MB will not continue for salary credits of less than 3L. Till now, this check was not done strictly, but it has stated now

drsel

TF Legend
I don’t understand this logic of reducing value due to use of 70% points. Using 70% points for smartbuy redemption doesn’t reduce the value of your points by 70%. It just says in one transaction you can pay 70% by points and balance by card (on which you also earn 5x/10x btw). It is not like if you have 100 points, you can only use 70% of them. You can always use entire 100% of points as long as they are less than 70% of transaction value. I have multiple times made my Infinia points as zero (by using on smartbuy for flights) and again made them huge amount by earning. Hdfc Infinia smartbuy gyftr is simple, 16.67% for everything except amazon pay and 13.7% for amazon pay vouchers.
To make you understand suppose 70% was only 10% and you have to pay 90% for air tickets with real money.
then what would be the value of the points???

Remember that commission earned on international flights is approximately 17%.
Along with that HDFC is charging you convenience fees.
and Magnus burgundy gives 24% return if you buy air tickets on Traveledge

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Assuming MR point value at 1 rupee is highly optimistic. Sure few times it may be possible (as everyone quotes Rishikesh example), but most of the times it will not be. For the purpose of calculation, I will peg the value at 0.5 to 0.6 only (not as low as 0.3). Anything over and above that will be bonus. For the purpose of RoI calculations, it is better to assume less than 1 to generate realistic picture.

For Taj also I think you got lucky. In the recent times, Amex voucher redemption is not allowed for member rates. Not at least in resort properties. Adding to that Taj experiences voucher is available at 14-16% discount elsewhere which can be used for member rates also reduces the net amex voucher value

However you will still get the best value if you can redeem entire Amex vouchers for food bill during your stay and book discounted / member rates to be paid via experience vouchers procured at 15% discount

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
To make you understand suppose 70% was only 10% and you have to pay 90% for air tickets with real money.
then what would be the value of the points???

Remember that commission earned on international flights is approximately 17%.
Along with that HDFC is charging you convenience fees.
and Magnus burgundy gives 24% return if you buy air tickets on Traveledge
I really don’t care what commission website is earning.

Point is simple if i have 50000 points and i am buying tickets worth 1 lakh i can use my entire 50000 points (as it is only 50% of transaction value). That 50000 points reduced by transaction cost by 50000 rupees so that is 1:1 value. For bal 50k spend using credit card i will earn 5x but that’s future points earned so i won’t include that in my value calculation of points burned.