• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Serious Security Glitch in ICICI Bank's iMobile Alert

RishiKiDev

TF Ace
No .. Not yet ... lets see some more facts about the magnitude of the problem ... Coming days will tell the whole story ...
I think if the data breach is too big then ICICI will itself generate new cards for the customers and block the old ones themselves to prevent themselves from lawsuits and RBI action

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I think if the data breach is too big then ICICI will itself generate new cards for the customers and block the old ones themselves to prevent themselves from lawsuits and RBI action
yes this is correct and I hope its not the case

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Is it possible to change mobile number from ATM for credit card? I saw few people doing it for savings account, but mine is credit card only. If yes, it has to be icici ATM, or any will do?

Somehow, I have 2 numbers (one is wrong) linked in my account. It was their in my cibil, but I never knew how it came. All OTPs used to come on correct number. So, I didn't care.

Now my card is renewing next month and they have shipped the card with that wrong phone number. Delhivery guy returned, as number was wrong and I wasn't reachable. Now, these guys are asking me to visit branch to get it corrected 😠.

Interestingly, at the same time, this glitch/leak issue happened and today I have not been getting OTPs on mobile / email from any icici card. So, I am not sure if they have now changed OTP mobile number also to the wrong one or this is related to this leak issue.

Customer care said that we sent OTP on correct mobile number only and other number is only registeration phone which can be updated via branch visit. They told to contact network provider. But network is not a issue, since I am able to receive sms from myself.

I received this message today, which means someone has access to my credit card ?
Congratulations! Avail a free credit limit increase on your ICICI Bank Credit Card ending with XX5003. Click here icici-cc.ubona.com/xxxxxxxxxx to avail now.
In the link, they have the correct name and existing limit

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Is it possible to change mobile number from ATM for credit card? I saw few people doing it for savings account, but mine is credit card only. If yes, it has to be icici ATM, or any will do?

Somehow, I have 2 numbers (one is wrong) linked in my account. It was their in my cibil, but I never knew how it came. All OTPs used to come on correct number. So, I didn't care.

Now my card is renewing next month and they have shipped the card with that wrong phone number. Delhivery guy returned, as number was wrong and I wasn't reachable. Now, these guys are asking me to visit branch to get it corrected 😠.

Interestingly, at the same time, this glitch/leak issue happened and today I have not been getting OTPs on mobile / email from any icici card. So, I am not sure if they have now changed OTP mobile number also to the wrong one or this is related to this leak issue.

Customer care said that we sent OTP on correct mobile number only and other number is only registeration phone which can be updated via branch visit. They told to contact network provider. But network is not a issue, since I am able to reTMceive sms from myself.
afaik, you can change your CC mobile number using ICICI ATM

Zulu

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Several users have reported being able to view other customers' ICICI Bank credit cards on their iMobile app. Since the full card number, expiry date, and CVV are visible on iMobile, and one can manage international transaction settings, it's easy for someone to misuse another person's credit card for international transactions.

What can you do?
If you can't do anything, and someone has access to your card, they can change settings on iMobile without OTP or even MPIN. The best option is to block the card and replace it; this will provide some temporary relief.

Update:
It seems ICICI Bank has restricted access to credit card details on the iMobile app for everyone.

Update:
ICICI Bank response regarding the issue on mint
20240425_170314.jpg

@googley :

I have access to someone else’s Amazon Pay CC due to a security glitch on the iMobile app.
Although OTP restricts domestic transactions but I can do international transactions using the details from the iMobile app.
The app even allows me to enable international transactions in case it has been disabled by the actual user.

I have already flagged this to ICICI team they are working on this on priority as multiple customers have reported this. I wanted to alert the community folks too regarding the same.
2 Amazon pay CC for single person?! Just curious. ICICI khatam.

shashankrt

TF Premier
Yes of course ... but what can you do after the incidence excep raising the fraud transaction ...
If they are smart .. they will just note down all the data and can use it at later time ...
The question here is : Like 🪓 said yesterday..
1714035761236.png

Now it is not between "Y" and I .. it is someone else as well apart from "U"
Well based on ICICI's response and assuming the numbers are wrong however the principle still holds, ICICI will block impacted cards and reissue those. So even if you note down the details, the card may be blocked by the time you use it.

However ICICI is a pathetic bank with severely lax security controls. So you never know !

I received this message today, which means someone has access to my credit card ?
Congratulations! Avail a free credit limit increase on your ICICI Bank Credit Card ending with XX5003. Click here icici-cc.ubona.com/xxxxxxxxxx to avail now.
In the link, they have the correct name and existing limit
In the app as well I can see increase in credit limit now and increased to 10L, so the message seems to be genuine

Hemang

TF Premier
Access start ho gaya. I just checked in my mobile application. Mene limit increase//decrease krke dekha, koi OTP Ni aa rha tha. What is the solution from our side ?
Even mene limit 0 krke dekha, but jese hi overall transaction disable krte hi, per transaction limit fir se maximum set ho jata hai. What to do?

ak93

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
No .. Not yet ... lets see some more facts about the magnitude of the problem ... Coming days will tell the whole story ...
From what I could see, all the cards tagged to my account were new cards as online transactions were disabled. So what they said maybe correct, that only new cards were mapped incorrectly. And I had just received my new card 2 days ago when this problem started and I could not see my cards in the app even after i received message that virtual card was generated.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
From what I could see, all the cards tagged to my account were new cards as online transactions were disabled. So what they said maybe correct, that only new cards were mapped incorrectly. And I had just received my new card 2 days ago when this problem started and I could not see my cards in the app even after i received message that virtual card was generated.
Good to know, so it seems recently released cards were only compromised