• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Yes Bank Reserv + 3X Subscription Plan

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a new card to complement my Infinia. The main goal is to increase the rewards rate for a few lakhs of donations towards NGOs (both Indian and International). BOGO on movies, and rewards on rental and UPI transactions will be great to have but not necessary.

I recently came across the YES Reserv card, along with the 3X subscription offer for all spends. The following is how I see the reward rates:
  • 9% Points on Online Shopping (except on Select categories)**
  • 4.5% Points on Offline Shopping (except on Select categories)
  • 2.25% Points on Select categories
Assuming 25 paise per RP redemption rate, for flights and hotels.

The 9% rewards rate seems just too good to be true. Can anyone confirm? If it is indeed true, then why is this not the most talked about card for Forex transactions?

P.S: I don't mind paying the annual fee given the rewards.

drsel

TF Legend
Also you need to discount air tickets at least 10%.
So 3x rewards workout to 5.4% not 6% and 5 x rewards workout to 8.1% not 9%

So there is really no point in paying the subscription fee for 3x or 5x.
Instead you should use Atlas, Infinia or Magnus Burgundy

helloworld

TF Legend
Can you tell me timeline with approximate timing like 10 pm me subscription buy kiya and x date ko 3 pm me activate hua? I had subscribed to it at 10-11m yesterday and if it doesn't get activated within 24 hours from now, then i will have to use other card.
1705598093414.png

I can suggest wait for 2 working days but its your wish. I'm not sure how timings useful here.

Hisoka

TF Ace
Today I got call from customer care that my card is chargeable. But when I applied from the website it clearly said First year free. He’s sure that fees will be levied.

Should this be of any concern or I can relax that customer care executive didn’t know anything.

Can anyone confirm if applied fees is reversed or the fees isn’t applied at all?

helloworld

TF Legend
Today I got call from customer care that my card is chargeable. But when I applied from the website it clearly said First year free. He’s sure that fees will be levied.

Should this be of any concern or I can relax that customer care executive didn’t know anything.

Can anyone confirm if applied fees is reversed or the fees isn’t applied at all?

for future reference and applicable for all banks:

- always go with the assumption that they don't know anything and unless you got written confirmation do not believe and always assume it is false and proceed based on your instincts.

Based on your scenario, I'll believe whatever mentioned during application and take a screenshot just incase.

Note: not every executive knows everything about their products, they only know what they trained and may not be updated always.

Reactions: SSV

Hisoka

TF Ace
for future reference and applicable for all banks:

- always go with the assumption that they don't know anything and unless you got written confirmation do not believe and always assume it is false and proceed based on your instincts.

Based on your scenario, I'll believe whatever mentioned during application and take a screenshot just incase.

Note: not every executive knows everything about their products, they only know what they trained and may not be updated always.
Yes agreed. The website itself mentioned that it’s FYF, but I didn’t take a screenshot at that point of time.

Most probably fees wouldn’t be charged. But if it does than I’d have to think of something

drsel

TF Legend
Yes agreed. The website itself mentioned that it’s FYF, but I didn’t take a screenshot at that point of time.

Most probably fees wouldn’t be charged. But if it does than I’d have to think of something
You seriously need to reconsider whether it is worth paying the joining fee and the subscription fee to get
5.4% return for 3x
8.1% return for 5X in 4 categories.
Air tickets should be discounted by 10%, because that is the discount you usually get on the travel aggregator websites

Amex Gold, MRCC, Atlas, Magnus Burgundy Infinia all give much higher return on spends

Adwait

TF Select

Even I got it fyf during application.. also confirmed the same on call.

abhiver

TF Premier
If there is no welcome charges in the first or second bill then it is FYF. Charges will appear in Advance from Next year, i.e in the 12th month of the card bill

CardCraftsman.

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
2 days. You will get an sms confirmating that it's active
Like this:
Thanks for opting Rewards Subscription Plan of INR 3500 + GST on your YES Bank Credit Card ending with xxxx. Enjoy 3X Reward Points on your spends. -YES BANK LTD
1705598093414.png

I can suggest wait for 2 working days but its your wish. I'm not sure how timings useful here.
Mere card se 19 ko fees debit hogya but abhi tak koi activation ka message/mail nahi aaya h. Customer care confirm kar payenge? I have to make a single transaction worth 2.5L today.

Last edited:

helloworld

TF Legend
Mere card se 19 ko fees debit hogya but abhi tak koi activation ka message/mail nahi aaya h. Customer care confirm kar payenge? I have to make a single transaction worth 2.5L today.

19 is yesterday based on my calendar then it will take 2 working days, mostly in bad case Monday.

If you have plan, you should activated a way earlier..

Anyway confirm with customer and see if possible to activte today itself.

herefordeals

TF Buzz
RML Group
VIP Lounge
In my case I gave request on 15th night precisely 9.05 PM and got activation mail and sms on 17th 8.42 AM.
Please check if you can relate your case with the timeline.