• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Yes Bank applied LTF but annual fee charged

Amish

TF Buzz
Hello everyone.

I had applied for Yes First Exclusive card as it was LTF (informed by Agent).

However, I can see annual fee being charged in my statement.

Please let me know what step I can take ahead.

gautampai

TF Select
Ah yes! You fell into the classic trap of YesBank sales agent. I had suffered the same with prosperity rewards plus card.

If you have any call recording/ WhatsApp chat proof of the agent saying you'll get LTF card, then call customer care and say you were told you would get a LTF card but now there are charges and ask them to make it LTF. If they don't budge(which they usually don't) ask them to raise a complaint of mis-selling and put a mail to grievance redressal/nodal officer as well.
The sales agent will then call you and beg you to take the complaint back. If you have the proofs as told earlier, send those to grievance mail or nodal officer. Let them decide what to do and even then if they don't make it LTF, after 30 days from the first mail raise a complaint in RBI Ombudsman portal regarding mis-selling.

Amish

TF Buzz
Just one question though, while applying there was a stage where a SMS is sent with OTP. In that sms clearly the annual charges will be mentioned , did you not notice that?
Ah Yes!! I can see a message stating that charges of 1999 will be waived off if I spend 40k within 30 days of card set up.

I did miss this.

But i have never been told this by the agent on call.

I don't have any call recording either.

KingAAR

TF Ace
Ah Yes!! I can see a message stating that charges of 1999 will be waived off if I spend 40k within 30 days of card set up.

I did miss this.

they missell products saying ltf, in fact they dont say anything about waiver but what they actually talk abt is waive
i feel uneducated ppl are in the sales dept of Yass bank

gautampai

TF Select

I did miss this.

Didn't the agent text you in WhatsApp or something?
If not , then it is going to be very tough to put forward your case.
Nevertheless, try raising complaint through customer care, it's going to be your words versus their words though.

gautampai

TF Select
they missell products saying ltf, in fact they dont say anything about waiver but what they actually talk abt is waive
i feel uneducated ppl are in the sales dept of Yass bank
Yeah, I feel the same. The agent that helped me apply was like "spend 50k a year sir it'll be life time free for you"
And I say " that is not LTF , that's annual card fee reversal criteria "
She " no sir that's LTF, if they charge you next year then close the card itself sir"

How dumb do they think customers are?🤣

D

Deleted member 16965

Always apply credit cards by yourself without the help of any agents through respective bank's websites. Atleast everything is transparent while applying online. Yes bank credit cards can be obtained as LTF while applying through Yes bank website directly.

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
thats why reading the fine print is very important
now write an email to customer care saying agent mis sold this as ltf card and if you cant confirm the status of the card as same i wont activate it and i will let the card be cancelled as per rbi guidelines

Tarun239

TF Premier
Always apply credit cards by yourself without the help of any agents through respective bank's websites. Atleast everything is transparent while applying online. Yes bank credit cards can be obtained as LTF while applying through Yes bank website directly.
Through website i think charges are there, LTF through website is not there