• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Yes Bank Exclusive - Annual fees

vikramv4u

TF Buzz
Hi,

I have a Yes Bank Exclusive card with an annual fee of Rs. 10k + GST.. When I see that the current Yes Bank Exclusive card is actually charged at Rs. 1999 + taxes, it makes me cringe that I am paying soo much as annual fees.. talking to customer care has been a useless experience as they are of no help.. writing to Yes Touch has elicited no response.. in an ideal world, i would like to convert to the current annual fee model... now my due date to pay is 5th.. what shall i do? Anyone having had a similar experience?

vikramv4u

TF Buzz
Raise closure request before bill date and state the reason as overcharging
Thank you for the quick response.. I have a lot of points there . So should I first apply for redemption? That's the no brainer i guess.. but is it too short a time frame for redemption? Today is 3rd.. due date is 5th

RupayMan

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thank you for the quick response.. I have a lot of points there . So should I first apply for redemption? That's the no brainer i guess.. but is it too short a time frame for redemption? Today is 3rd.. due date is 5th
Redemption can be quicker is any card isn't? Also compared to your 10k charges vs 2k charge, do you need to spend 8k more for keeping the redemption points? Could that be worth?

drakesri

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If you have any outstanding on that card, repay first. Reedem your existng points, and once you receive confirmation on successful redemption place a request for card closure. You may get call from retention team where you can demand LTF/2k fees.

Last edited:

vikramv4u

TF Buzz
Thank you all for your suggestions.. value those.. Spoke to Yes Bank - they refused the waiver.. in fact despite card closure request, they said i need to pay the annual fees as it's for the previous 12 months, so he suggested that I may as well keep the card and cancel it in Dec (when my annual existence refreshes, though the annual fees are reflected in the card in Feb).. i asked for the correct email id and sent them a mail requesting for a waiver and to my surprise i received a reply with a positive 7k waiver.. this still needs execution.. but wanted to update each one of you.. Thank you again!!

drakesri

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thank you all for your suggestions.. value those.. Spoke to Yes Bank - they refused the waiver.. in fact despite card closure request, they said i need to pay the annual fees as it's for the previous 12 months, so he suggested that I may as well keep the card and cancel it in Dec (when my annual existence refreshes, though the annual fees are reflected in the card in Feb).. i asked for the correct email id and sent them a mail requesting for a waiver and to my surprise i received a reply with a positive 7k waiver.. this still needs execution.. but wanted to update each one of you.. Thank you again!!
Great News, but it might repeat again next year. Its best to close this card 1 month before card anniversary or demand LTF/2k fees. If they dont agree better to close and reapply if you are really interested on this card.

Just to avoid unnecessary negotiation with customer care.