• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Why is opening an HDFC account online such a hassle?

rusty17

TF Buzz
Opening an HDFC Bank SavingsMax account online has been nothing short of a frustrating experience. Their website advertises a fully digital and paperless process without any branch visit, but I'm starting to think it's all just smoke and mirrors. I followed all the steps, did my Aadhaar e-KYC and filled all the forms but just as I finished the application there was no videoKYC and also no link for initiating one. Just an Application Completed pagea nd that representative will get in touch soon.

I waited for full two days and then decided to reach out to customer support, hoping they could help me. But their responses were as generic as a chatbot's, repeating the same tired lines and requesting the information that I already provided.

After 3 days of back-and-forth, they finally dropped the bombshell – I had to visit a branch for verification (which I won't be since I only get Sundays off). Wasn't this supposed to be a fully digital process?

I remember opening an Axis account a year ago, and it was a breeze compared to this HDFC ordeal. Their online process was smooth and seamless, and I was able to start using my account right away.

It's a shame that HDFC, such a reputed bank, has such a clunky and user-unfriendly online account opening process. They're really falling behind the times compared to their competitors.

bigbyte

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It seems i have to wait at least a day before i can download statement as first transactions were done today itself. It says no transaction when i try to download.
And my UI is very different, may be the new HDFC UI.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
It seems i have to wait at least a day before i can download statement as first transactions were done today itself. It says no transaction when i try to download.
And my UI is very different, may be the new HDFC UI.
Did you open account today itself??
Try to download as PDF without even any transactions if it allows you to ..

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
After you have succesfully downloaded the PDF account statement, you will find the following info at the top right hand corner which has product code :193..

I believe product codes that belong to different account types are :

Savings Max = 193
Special Platinum : 1166

1706798990029.png

1706799137579.png

Last edited:

MrKant

TF Select
Opening an HDFC Bank SavingsMax account online has been nothing short of a frustrating experience. Their website advertises a fully digital and paperless process without any branch visit, but I'm starting to think it's all just smoke and mirrors. I followed all the steps, did my Aadhaar e-KYC and filled all the forms but just as I finished the application there was no videoKYC and also no link for initiating one. Just an Application Completed pagea nd that representative will get in touch soon.

I waited for full two days and then decided to reach out to customer support, hoping they could help me. But their responses were as generic as a chatbot's, repeating the same tired lines and requesting the information that I already provided.

After 3 days of back-and-forth, they finally dropped the bombshell – I had to visit a branch for verification (which I won't be since I only get Sundays off). Wasn't this supposed to be a fully digital process?

I remember opening an Axis account a year ago, and it was a breeze compared to this HDFC ordeal. Their online process was smooth and seamless, and I was able to start using my account right away.

It's a shame that HDFC, such a reputed bank, has such a clunky and user-unfriendly online account opening process. They're really falling behind the times compared to their competitors.
Are you samsung phone user ?
If yes that’s the issue

bigbyte

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
See above post
Ok tried again to download, but this time via Mobile app instead of Net Banking and it downloaded the pdf and shows product code as 193. So I guess it is Savings Max.
I was a long time HDFC DCB Credit card only user and they were bombarding with emails requesting to join Preferred banking Program by opening a saving account. I didn't want to block 1L /2L in savings or 5LAC FD so I opened a regular savings max account instead via website.

If opening account online is such a horrible experience.... Thank God, I chose to go to HDFCB Branch close to my house to open SB MAX account.

It took less than 5 minutes to open it n got the welcome kit - with DC, net banking password, a mini chequebook n everything you need to get going.

In less than 10 minutes, I have funded my account. Activated the DC n included payees for a couple of CC bills in the first hour itself.

Very impressed.

As long as their CC Office at Chennai was not involved - I had a great time with HDFC. After they did, it was the louziest bank of the lot. Most lethargic n shabby in operations.

bigbyte

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
In Metro Cities there is always huge rush of customers in big banks. It will take minimum 30-40 minutes to get a chair in front of executive. Also you have to spoil your Saturday or take half day off from office to visit bank.

And we have heard horror stories on this forum itself where branch executive have demanded more than 2 Lac cheque as initial funding to open A SB MAx account in HDFC. But yes, if your work in branch got over quickly there is nothing like that.

denisjos

TF Buzz
Need some suggestions.
I have been trying to open a hdfc salary account since last month. My company has a corporate relationship with them and I tried to contact the corporate rm's who had put up their contacts on the atm in our cafe.
I got in touch with 2 of them, they just ask about my interest in giving an initial ip of 5l which gives me a choice account number. After refusing that both the fellows just evade the calls and show no interest in opening the account.
For context my net is a little above 1.5l. I decided to go through them to get the ltf regalia gold card offered through corporate relationship.
I have a savings max at a branch near home in Bangalore, almost rural so they don't know about the corporate offer or so they say.
Any ideas on how I can proceed

Shroud

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Need some suggestions.
I have been trying to open a hdfc salary account since last month. My company has a corporate relationship with them and I tried to contact the corporate rm's who had put up their contacts on the atm in our cafe.
I got in touch with 2 of them, they just ask about my interest in giving an initial ip of 5l which gives me a choice account number. After refusing that both the fellows just evade the calls and show no interest in opening the account.
For context my net is a little above 1.5l. I decided to go through them to get the ltf regalia gold card offered through corporate relationship.
I have a savings max at a branch near home in Bangalore, almost rural so they don't know about the corporate offer or so they say.
Why don't you transfer your home branch of your old account to your city online and then convert it to a salary account?
LTF Regalia Gold can be processed by any credit card agent at any branch if your company is listed......

denisjos

TF Buzz
Need some suggestions.
An update: I reached out to hdfc cares twitter handle about this. And by evening the people who were earlier unavailable are calling, messaging. And then their superior is calling asking for scheduling a time to pick up the documents. Looks like twitter handle is a good knob to turn.

knockoffaxis101

TF Premier
-Little help here please-

Opened regular savings account online (in rural branch <not sure if it is> .
...somewhere nearby my address in diff. state 🤔),

Got customer id , account no. even before kyc.then received multiple kyc link each min. And i completed it. No message received regarding accounts opened, received just a mail for nomination completed.

Yesterday after completing kyc it showed 'IN PROCESS', today 'Sent To Approval'.

Downloaded statement by deposit 1 rs., account status shows 'DR BLOCKED'.
No debit cards generated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-03-24-16-42-46-52_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-24-16-42-46-52_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20240324_164317.jpg
    IMG_20240324_164317.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20240324_165216.jpg
    IMG_20240324_165216.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 10

knockoffaxis101

TF Premier

Got customer id , account no. even before kyc.then received multiple kyc link each min. And i completed it. No message received regarding accounts opened, received just a mail for nomination completed.

Yesterday after completing kyc it showed 'IN PROCESS', today 'Sent To Approval'.

+ What kind of Product code is 1239 ?
+ Can i change address for receiving welcome kit ?

varun__goel_

TF Legend

There seems to be some problem. Get in touch with customer care to know the reason for Dr Block. Never have faced or seen such issue.

For regular savings account product code is 100

No you cannot change address just for receiving welcome kit