• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Why is opening an HDFC account online such a hassle?

rusty17

TF Buzz
Opening an HDFC Bank SavingsMax account online has been nothing short of a frustrating experience. Their website advertises a fully digital and paperless process without any branch visit, but I'm starting to think it's all just smoke and mirrors. I followed all the steps, did my Aadhaar e-KYC and filled all the forms but just as I finished the application there was no videoKYC and also no link for initiating one. Just an Application Completed pagea nd that representative will get in touch soon.

I waited for full two days and then decided to reach out to customer support, hoping they could help me. But their responses were as generic as a chatbot's, repeating the same tired lines and requesting the information that I already provided.

After 3 days of back-and-forth, they finally dropped the bombshell – I had to visit a branch for verification (which I won't be since I only get Sundays off). Wasn't this supposed to be a fully digital process?

I remember opening an Axis account a year ago, and it was a breeze compared to this HDFC ordeal. Their online process was smooth and seamless, and I was able to start using my account right away.

It's a shame that HDFC, such a reputed bank, has such a clunky and user-unfriendly online account opening process. They're really falling behind the times compared to their competitors.

knockoffaxis101

TF Premier
There seems to be some problem. Get in touch with customer care to know the reason for Dr Block. Never have faced or seen such issue.

For regular savings account product code is 100

No you cannot change address just for receiving welcome kit
Could it be the reason bcoz Bank branch didn't approved the account yet ?
Sat, sun & Monday holiday 😐

bigbyte

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
While Opening the account HDFC gives you an option to choose your nearest branch, then how come you have no idea about your branch?
Also the account is initially opened in a Nodal branch and later when it is fully activated ( 2 to 3 working days) it is transferred to your selected branch.

knockoffaxis101

TF Premier
While Opening the account HDFC gives you an option to choose your nearest branch, then how come you have no idea about your branch?
Also the account is initially opened in a Nodal branch and later when it is fully activated ( 2 to 3 working days) it is transferred to your selected branch.
I know the branch and location. I'm saying..I'm not sure about MAB.

And we have heard horror stories on this forum itself where branch executive have demanded more than 2 Lac cheque as initial funding to open A SB MAx account in HDFC. But yes, if your work in branch got over quickly there is nothing like that.

Tirupati is a small town. And, being an ex-AGM (IT) of SBI is a very big advantage. Their BM, Officials n other staff think twice before talking to me. Forget about Agents. So, not a word about deposits, insurance policies, ULIPs, or MFs....

denisjos

TF Buzz
I faced the same while opening an sbmax in a branch about 2 mins away from home. They were very enthusiastic about coming home to collect the docs but told them I would deliver it to the branch instead. When I went to the branch this happened, my understanding is that they just cancelled my application and started reapplying as then the employee can add his/her id as the person who bought in the account

I faced the same while opening an sbmax in a branch about 2 mins away from home. They were very enthusiastic about coming home to collect the docs but told them I would deliver it to the branch instead. When I went to the branch this happened, my understanding is that they just cancelled my application and started reapplying as then the employee can add his/her id as the person who bought in the account
Like the way we are trying to get even one rupee as cash back on our low value trxns, those guys are also desperate to get some commission. We are not living on our cash backs. But, they are living on such commissions. Poor chaps.... My sympathies are with them.

bigbyte

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Like the way we are trying to get even one rupee as cash back on our low value trxns, those guys are also desperate to get some commission. We are not living on our cash backs. But, they are living on such commissions. Poor chaps.... My sympathies are with them.
True. But the problem starts when they start to act smart and try to maximise that commission by forcing us to open higher variant accounts or insisting on higher IP money/fixed deposit in order to open the account.