• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What is your 💳 score?

Credit Karma

TF Premier
Share your credit score along with number of years since your first account opened (doesn't matter if it is closed currently)

Update March 2023

CIBIL - 738
Experian - 802
Equifax - 702
CRIF - 560

Credit History - 1.75 Years

Last edited:

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
@Wealth is my birth right! Till Dec 2022, I had 3 credit cards, now I have got 8, So I’ve got 4 new cards in 2 months. My CIBIL is down by some 6-8 points as 2 new cards are visible with other 2 still not reported. I am suspecting further drop when the other 2 accounts reflect in the report. Shall I close 1-2 cards to avoid the drop?
Man closing your new accounts will not improve your credit score now. Besides, you can keep your overall credit utilisation low with the help of your new cards. Live with it. Don't apply for credit cards for some time. Your cibil score will drop temporarily, but keep your payments up to date. Your score will eventually retrace.

suhailmz

TF Premier
Man closing your new accounts will not improve your credit score now. Besides, you can keep your overall credit utilisation low with the help of your new cards. Live with it. Don't apply for credit cards for some time. Your cibil score will drop temporarily, but keep your payments up to date. Your score will eventually retrace.
Yeah I agree, I should have been thoughtful about applying for too many cards too fast. I got Carried away by cards like AU Vetta LTF, MMT Signature LTF, etc. But yeah my utilisation would not go above and 10% for sure :)

SiddharthR

TF Ace
@Wealth is my birth right! Till Dec 2022, I had 3 credit cards, now I have got 8, So I’ve got 4 new cards in 2 months. My CIBIL is down by some 6-8 points as 2 new cards are visible with other 2 still not reported. I am suspecting further drop when the other 2 accounts reflect in the report. Shall I close 1-2 cards to avoid the drop?
Closing card will lead to drop, don't close it.
CIBIL drop will be temporary if you apply many CCs in small time & CIBIL improves gradually with time & can see small spike after 1year

akshayhs

TF Ace
Yeah I agree, I should have been thoughtful about applying for too many cards too fast. I got Carried away by cards like AU Vetta LTF, MMT Signature LTF, etc. But yeah my utilisation would not go above and 10% for sure :)
Doesn't matter. Just play the waiting game. Gradually you learn to understand how it works.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Not essential you can boost by timely payment of bills with 30% utility of card limits

BlueFlash

TF Premier
Is there anyone with a 800+ CIBIL score and NOT having any active home/car loan ?
Reading all the above comments concludes that only people having an active home loan have a score of 800+, rest all are capped to max 795 or so...

Lord Of Darkness

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is there anyone with a 800+ CIBIL score and NOT having any active home/car loan ?
Reading all the above comments concludes that only people having an active home loan have a score of 800+, rest all are capped to max 795 or so...

Could it be cause Home loan as a Secured loan has more weightage than unsecured loans (Credit card/Personal loans etc)?

Lord Of Darkness

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Agree, it’s a long term game, timely fluctuations are bound to happen

I have annual subscription to CIBIL, so I keep checking my score's 2 or 3 times a week.

In the beginning of March - when I had only 3 credit cards - score was 806
Now when i check it today ( after having 3 new Credit card enquiry ) - score increased to 808 !!!

Not sure how it works, since I had expected it to drop after the hard enquiries. Maybe it will drop once the 3 new cards get reported in the coming days. Will update the thread.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Had 2 home loans and 1 car loan all closed (Pre closure)
Having 13 credit cards
This month cibil is 803

Theron

TF Premier
CIBIL-745
EXPERIAN-789
EQUIFAX-707
CRIF-742
Credit cards - 14
Personal Loan -1
Enquiries -39 (1 under dispute as AXIS made it mistakenly)
Credit History - 14 years
Had 3 late payments in early 2020, one was of 852 days late and 2 of 59 days late. Since I was not aware about credit score and all. All these cards I got from July 2021 to till date.

Last edited: