• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What is your 💳 score?

Credit Karma

TF Premier
Share your credit score along with number of years since your first account opened (doesn't matter if it is closed currently)

Update March 2023

CIBIL - 738
Experian - 802
Equifax - 702
CRIF - 560

Credit History - 1.75 Years

Last edited:

Bodhi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Since mid of December only last 3 years of enquiries without enquiry amount present in CIBIL report (atleast for USER view report, still don't know whether financial institutes see same report that we see or different).
In my user view report too, only last three years' enquiries are reflected but the report sent by Transunion via email reflected from 2010

abhishek73

TF Buzz
Cibil 757
Age of credit - 14 years.

I was a victim of Identity theft and had to settle 2 personal loans and 5 credit cards which were issued in my name (This is pre Aadhar days and couple of pre-PAN days). Currently, have 6 credit cards however I do get rejection from some banks because of my previous history.

Credit Karma

TF Premier
Cibil 757
Age of credit - 14 years.

I was a victim of Identity theft and had to settle 2 personal loans and 5 credit cards which were issued in my name (This is pre Aadhar days and couple of pre-PAN days). Currently, have 6 credit cards however I do get rejection from some banks because of my previous history.
Are there no laws that can protect an individual from identity theft in India?

In my opinion, you should have consulted a lawyer before agreeing to any settlements.

May be you could try this and ask the concerned financial institutions to remove such account from your records. It's only fair since you have already settled them!

If you chose either options, please do update here!

abhishek73

TF Buzz
Are there no laws that can protect an individual from identity theft in India?

In my opinion, you should have consulted a lawyer before agreeing to any settlements.

May be you could try this and ask the concerned financial institutions to remove such account from your records. It's only fair since you have already settled them!

If you chose either options, please do update here!
Nope, this all happened in late 2000s. Since all these accounts are in my name, I need to pay that balance to get my name off their list, IMHO not worth it. Credit Mantri is asking a lot of money for this, and I am not sure if that's worth it. Have built my credit score slowly with a mix of secured and non secured loans from 534 to 757 in couple of years, some years down the line, I plan to be in 780-800.

Last edited:

Bodhi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Nope, this all happened in late 2010s. Since all these accounts are in my name, I need to pay that balance to get my name off their list, IMHO not worth it. Credit Mantri is asking a lot of money for this, and I am not sure if that's worth it. Have built my credit score slowly with a mix of secured and non secured loans from 534 to 757 in couple of years, some years down the line, I plan to be in 780-800.
All the very best @abhishek73 👍🏻

Nope, this all happened in late 2010s. Since all these accounts are in my name, I need to pay that balance to get my name off their list, IMHO not worth it. Credit Mantri is asking a lot of money for this, and I am not sure if that's worth it. Have built my credit score slowly with a mix of secured and non secured loans from 534 to 757 in couple of years, some years down the line, I plan to be in 780-800.
I admire your efforts and spirit, well done!!, and feel disgusted towards our system where an individual has to suffer for no mistake of his own.

Credit Karma

TF Premier
I thought it was recent-ish event.
It's sad sate of affairs that the law cannot help the one in need.
Anyways, you have built your credit profile literally from the grounds up.
Keep at it and old entries will not matter that much given enough time.