• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What is UPI number?

paresh22

TF Ace
I was going through UPI help section in Payzapp app. I am unable to understand this upi number concept. Also there is one more faq which I do not understand. Can someone help me to understand it?

If I do not set mobile number as upi number will there be problem?

Setting 8 or 9 digit number as upi number, is this same as setting my own chosen id for upi payments?

Attaching both faq here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-27-10-45-20-414_com.hdfcbank.payzapp-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-27-10-45-20-414_com.hdfcbank.payzapp-edit.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20230527_104057.jpg
    IMG_20230527_104057.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 13

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
I was going through UPI help section in Payzapp app. I am unable to understand this upi number concept. Also there is one more faq which I do not understand. Can someone help me to understand it?

If I do not set mobile number as upi number will there be problem?

Setting 8 or 9 digit number as upi number, is this same as setting my own chosen id for upi payments?

Attaching both faq here.
UPI number eliminates the need to share your Personal Number for receiving payments via any UPI App.

If you give your UPI number to anyone and he enters that Number in his UPI app , then Respective UPI App will fetch the UPI ID linked with that UPI number.

You can create seperate UPI numbers for each UPI ID, if the Respective UPI App Supports it.

kshitij_0

TF Ace
UPI number eliminates the need to share your Personal Number for receiving payments via any UPI App.

If you give your UPI number to anyone and he enters that Number in his UPI app , then Respective UPI App will fetch the UPI ID linked with that UPI number.

You can create seperate UPI numbers for each UPI ID, if the Respective UPI App Supports it.
Which app do you use or would you recommend us to use for that purpose? And is that function really a need of the hour or is it practical?
I mean why to remember so many numbers? If one isn't comfortable for providing mobile number, then they can share QR code.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Which app do you use or would you recommend us to use for that purpose?
Any App.
I personally use Kotak Banking App and already set My Personal Number as UPI number.
And is that function really a need of the hour or is it practical?
Need of the hour for few People ,
who have Problems in sharing Personal Number to Unknown People for receiving UPI Payments.

I have no problems is sharing my Personal Number with Unknown to Receive a UPI payment.

I mean why to remember so many numbers? If one isn't comfortable for providing mobile number, then they can share QR ccode.
Typing a Number for sending UPI Payment is still easiest process even for a non-tech savy person.

I once send my QR code to someone on WhatsApp and he do not know , How to Scan it for making a Payment. Ultimately l have to share Mobile Number.

Nowadys, Every one has Multiple Accounts and for Multiple Purposes.
Suppose you linked your "X" bank on paytm and "Y" Bank on Phonepe and "Z" Bank on Amazon Pay.

If someone enters your Mobile Number on Paytm, Phonepe and Amazon your Payment will go in X ,Y and Z Bank respectively

But you want to Receive UPI payments in a Particular Bank Account only, irrespective of UPI App used for sending the payment then role of UPI number comes into existence.

srikant

TF Premier
Typing a Number for sending UPI Payment is still easiest process even for a non-tech savy person.
Easy, but error-prone. IDs are so much easier to remember and transmit accurately.

These UPI Numbers also have very few digits, if you accidentally mistype a digit, you're probably sending your money to another valid person / entity. Unlikely with a UPI ID.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Easy, but error-prone. IDs are so much easier to remember and transmit accurately.

These UPI Numbers also have very few digits, if you accidentally mistype a digit, you're probably sending your money to another valid person / entity. Unlikely with a UPI ID.
Name toh show hoga send karne se phle.
Name bina verify kiye send kardoge kya ?

UPI number jab enter karoge ultimately UPI ID hi reflect hogi screen pe aur name bhi reflect hoga jiska Account hoga.

Name read karne ke baad pta chal gaya wrong person hai phir bhi bhej diye phir galti UPI number ki nhi tumhari hai.

Wrong perosn ko transfer hona hoga toh UPI ID se bhi ho jaayega. Check twitter there are many cases where people sent Money to wrong UPI ID due to a minor mistake in UPI ID

Last edited: