• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

UPI for alternative number

kskds

TF Buzz
Currently all my Bank Account and CC's are linked to my primary account which obvisouly is linked to my Aadhaar as well. I have a secondary phone number, is there a way I can use UPI on the second number as well. The second account will be used mainly for small payments/ in case there is a network issues with the primary number. Any suggestions?

simplegarv

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes, but that to make it work you have to change you registered mobile number in your bank account and then you can use that account to make payments.

Currently, I don't know any other method than this.

kskds

TF Buzz
Yes, but that to make it work you have to change you registered mobile number in your bank account and then you can use that account to make payments.

Currently, I don't know any other method than this.
I do not want to change my primary number, hence asked the question. Was trying to open a Kotak811 account as well, but still getting some error.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Currently all my Bank Account and CC's are linked to my primary account which obvisouly is linked to my Aadhaar as well. I have a secondary phone number, is there a way I can use UPI on the second number as well. The second account will be used mainly for small payments/ in case there is a network issues with the primary number. Any suggestions?
Have the same requirement, did you were able to find solution to your query

myfinquest

TF Buzz
You can try to open a Paytm bank account or Airtel bank acocunt (if Airtel number) using the secondary number. Even Amazon wallet now supports UPI if you load wallet from Debit card or Netbanking

Register for Slice prepaid with alternate SIM. You will get UPI & virtual prepaid rupay card. You can load via UPI from main acct.
I have registered for Slice in a second handset with alternate SIM, mainly for small payments.

kskds

TF Buzz
Have the same requirement, did you were able to find solution to your query
I opened a Jio Payments Bank account virtually using the PAN card, so far its working fine. Also, I was having one SBI Account which was INOP, I recently reactivated it so now I have 2 accounts to link to UPI, both working fine. :)

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Clone Paytm on Android phone and link other bank account to it

kskds

TF Buzz
How to setup jio payment bank
It was simple, through the app I tried to open account using PAN Card. There was a video KYC immediately and the account was activated within few hours. I tried to open Kotak811 account as well, but it did not work out was the secondary number was not linked to Aadhaar. But, you can visit any Koktak branch and get it done easily using secondary number.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
It was simple, through the app I tried to open account using PAN Card. There was a video KYC immediately and the account was activated within few hours. I tried to open Kotak811 account as well, but it did not work out was the secondary number was not linked to Aadhaar. But, you can visit any Koktak branch and get it done easily using secondary number.
i tried this yesterday but didn't work it asked Aadhaar number, now i have drop the idea.. it too much hassle anyways.