• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What is the reward rate of SBI Vistara Prime?

maynigam

TF Premier
Hey guys
What is the return rate of Club Vistara SBI Prime card when you include the free premium economy tickets that it gives? I wanted to calculate the returns rate for spend of about 6-7 lakh per year.
I am trying to compare it to Magnus with 6-7 lakh per year spends
Thanks

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Hey guys
What is the return rate of Club Vistara SBI Prime card when you include the free premium economy tickets that it gives? I wanted to calculate the returns rate for spend of about 6-7 lakh per year.
I am trying to compare it to Magnus with 6-7 lakh per year spends
Thanks
With milestones magnus will be the winner but facts like whether u plan spending only 6 months 1 lac pm on magnus and utilising points for local or intl it all determines

mixton

TF Buzz
Completely dependent on how many times you can spend 1lac/month and redemption preference. Sbi Vistara Prime will give you atleast 10% return rate without any monthly spend pressure. But you will be limited to domestic travel on Vistara only. On the other hand you can go for Magnus if you can reach monthly milestone for two months or more and want international travel or hotels.

maynigam

TF Premier
So
Completely dependent on how many times you can spend 1lac/month and redemption preference. Sbi Vistara Prime will give you atleast 10% return rate without any monthly spend pressure. But you will be limited to domestic travel on Vistara only. On the other hand you can go for Magnus if you can reach monthly milestone for two months or more and want international travel or hotels.
So if I am going to spend 40-50k per month, should I prefer to use SBI vistara prime? Will it give me better returns?

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
So

So if I am going to spend 40-50k per month, should I prefer to use SBI vistara prime? Will it give me better returns?
Don't use it beyond 4.5 L assuming 40-50k spends per month. At 4.5L, you'll get 3 PE tickets and 9000 points which is approximate 7-8% return approx (taking an average case into consideration). Can go even higher depending on the route and timing.

maynigam

TF Premier
Don't use it beyond 4.5 L assuming 40-50k spends per month. At 4.5L, you'll get 3 PE tickets and 9000 points which is approximate 7-8% return approx (taking an average case into consideration). Can go even higher depending on the route and timing.
Interesting. 4.5 lakh spent on vistara prime vs 4.5 lakh spent on magnus… which gives better rewards rate. That all I want help in calculating.

Vistara card - 9000 CV plus 3 PE tickets (around 5k each) = INR 24000 worth?
Magnus - 27000 ER (21600 CV) = INR 21600 worth?

Is this calculation correct? Does it make vistara prime better for low spends?

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Interesting. 4.5 lakh spent on vistara prime vs 4.5 lakh spent on magnus… which gives better rewards rate. That all I want help in calculating.

Vistara card - 9000 CV plus 3 PE tickets (around 5k each) = INR 24000 worth?
Magnus - 27000 ER (21600 CV) = INR 21600 worth?

Is this calculation correct? Does it make vistara prime better for low spends?
Axis Magnus makes sense if you are willing to make spends of 1 LPM. Vistara Prime makes sense if most of your travels are domestic. Use your vouchers on routes like Delhi-Port Blair and you'll be even able to extract 12k on every PE voucher. For routes like Delhi-Bangalore or Delhi-Chennai, assume its value to be around 7.5k-8k on an average. Make an excel sheet with your estimated spends. This will give a better idea.

At the end of the day, Magnus is a super premium card while Vistara Prime is a mid-tier card.

Last edited:

maynigam

TF Premier
Axis Magnus makes sense if you are willing to make spends of 1 LPM. Vistara Prime makes sense if most of your travels are domestic. Use your vouchers on routes like Delhi-Port Blair and you'll be even able to extract 12k on every PE voucher. For routes like Delhi-Bangalore or Delhi-Chennai, assume its value to be around 7.5k-8k on an average. Make an excel sheet with your estimated spends. This will give a better idea.

At the end of the day, Magnus is a super premium card while Vistara Prime is a mid-tier card.
Understood. I am thinking that I will start using Magnus for all possible accelerated spends (travel edge/ gift edge etc. ) and vistara prime for all offline spends… lets see how it goes for a year. Do you think it’s a good idea?

mixton

TF Buzz
Understood. I am thinking that I will start using Magnus for all possible accelerated spends (travel edge/ gift edge etc. ) and vistara prime for all offline spends… lets see how it goes for a year. Do you think it’s a good idea?
Sounds like a good combination. Speaking for myself, I am keeping vistara for rent spends alone as they are counted towards the milestones.

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
@Walter White Can the free tickets we get from sbi vistara prime, be booked for 1 stop journeys dometically or does it always has to be direct journey
Never tried using a voucher for a one stop journey. While redeeming CV points, it generally adds the CV points of both routes.

If the flight has a small stop where there is no change of aircraft (for ex. DEL-DIB-GAU), it can be booked under the same voucher.

faltooAdmi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
+3000 bonus CV points if we spend 75k within 90 days.
So effectively at 4.5L, you'll get 3 PE tickets and 12000 cv points

itsmayank

TF Buzz
Here is an Excel Tool which I created that will help you simulate your returns and spending.
An screenshot for the same.

1685557925497.png

Attachments

• Vistara Card Comparison.xlsx
    20.5 KB · Views: 19