• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Use cases to get 5% cashback from SBI cashback card

Dharm

TF Premier
I recently got SBI cashback card, as my old SBI card is closed due to some issue.

But after receiving card without FYF offer, I got to know that card is already devalued, now need suggestion where can I spend to get 5% cashback, so that my Joining fee can be recovered.

As I already have Amazon ICICI card and Flipkart axis card as lifetime free cards, shopping on Amazon and Flipkart can be done via these cards.

As utility, government payment, education, insurence, wallet load, gift card purchase are already excluded for cashback, so Please suggest other options to get 5% real cashback with this card. Looks like I should not applied for this card, as not able to figure out, how to recover joining fee, currently I am only using this card for Milkbasket subscription (hope atleast will get 5% there)

If anyone can suggest other use cases in daily routine life to get 5% cashback, heard Amazon gift card 5% cashback also not available to get discount on utility bills

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I recently got SBI cashback card, as my old SBI card is closed due to some issue.

But after receiving card without FYF offer, I got to know that card is already devalued, now need suggestion where can I spend to get 5% cashback, so that my Joining fee can be recovered.

As I already have Amazon ICICI card and Flipkart axis card as lifetime free cards, shopping on Amazon and Flipkart can be done via these cards.

As utility, government payment, education, insurence, wallet load, gift card purchase are already excluded for cashback, so Please suggest other options to get 5% real cashback with this card. Looks like I should not applied for this card, as not able to figure out, how to recover joining fee, currently I am only using this card for Milkbasket subscription (hope atleast will get 5% there)

If anyone can suggest other use cases in daily routine life to get 5% cashback, heard Amazon gift card 5% cashback also not available to get discount on utility bills

This could be a great start for you...

senasenthil

TF Premier

A few days before, I bought AmazonPay Gift Card with 5% cashback

Dharm

TF Premier
From amazon
Ok thanks, will try this, although I have heard that gift cards are excluded in SBI cashback, as @SSV bro shared
This could be a great start for you...

Dharm

TF Premier
Thanks, I can keep this card for Amazon vouchers which sounds good.

Thatswhy I started this thread that if I am able to recover annual fee of this card via cashback, then I will keep it otherwise, I any think to close this card.

Thatswhy asked for use case scenarios.

For other apps shared by you, I also have Airtel axis and Tata Neu infinity(LTF), and getting 10-15% on these apps via these cards

Like Airtel Axis gives 10 % on Zomato/swiggy, gives 15% on Bigbasket via Tata Neu app

Tata Neu app with infinity card gives 10% on tatacliq.

Still thanks to you....for shared details

hs23

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
+1 I also have Amazon Pay ICICI and Flipkart Azix (not free) cards. Trying to decide what to do with SBI cashback.

Airtel Axis max cashback limit on swiggy is only 300, which is not enough for me. SBI cashback looks like a great option to save cash on swiggy but swiggy hdfc offers 10% which is much better.

Dharm

TF Premier
+1 I also have Amazon Pay ICICI and Flipkart Azix (not free) cards. Trying to decide what to do with SBI cashback.

Airtel Axis max cashback limit on swiggy is only 300, which is not enough for me. SBI cashback looks like a great option to save cash on swiggy but swiggy hdfc offers 10% which is much better.
For swiggy, Axis Myzone was a decent option before devaluation, Airtel axis swiggy discount is 500 instead of 300, which means you can order upto Rs. 5000 to get 10% discount upto 500.

Yes you can try HDFC swiggy card , if you order lots of stuff from swiggy, because all cashback points can be only use on swiggy platform, here no actual cashback in form of ruppes, which was there in axis Myzone or Airtel axis. But HDFC swiggy cashback limit is higher than these two..

All depends on your usage on swiggy...

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Best use case, get amazon gv, amazon shopping voucher and flipkart vouchers at 5%. You can do maybe 80%of online shopping and payment from there. Buy these vouchers from amazon, flipkart or magicpin.
Use amazon gv to buy uber/mmt/Shoppers stop, big basket vouchers, pay for utilities, insurance, etc.
What other payments do you do?

Dharm

TF Premier
Yes looks like Amazon GV is best option for me to recover Joining fee, although I have heard in this forum that magicpin is not working nowadays.

Last edited:

insight

TF Ace
Use SBI Card on non amazon/flipkart spends like Zomato, Swiggy, Uber, Nykaa, Tata Cliq, BigBasket.

Buy Amazon gift voucher from amazon itself and pay your bills, book travel tickets.

You can also buy other offline brands voucher from amazon and you will be able get 5% for offline spends.
Just posted this and was wondering if there's anything better?

insight

TF Ace
Thanks, I can keep this card for Amazon vouchers which sounds good.

Thatswhy I started this thread that if I am able to recover annual fee of this card via cashback, then I will keep it otherwise, I any think to close this card.

Thatswhy asked for use case scenarios.
Thanks for sharing :) I am gonna try to follow this thread.
For other apps shared by you, I also have Airtel axis and Tata Neu infinity(LTF), and getting 10-15% on these apps via these cards

Like Airtel Axis gives 10 % on Zomato/swiggy, gives 15% on Bigbasket via Tata Neu app

Tata Neu app with infinity card gives 10% on tatacliq
Interesting to note. Not yet spending much there so will consider getting sometime (or is it LTF even now)?

Best use case, get amazon gv, amazon shopping voucher and flipkart vouchers at 5%.
You can do maybe 80%of online shopping and payment from there.
Buy these vouchers from amazon, flipkart or magicpin.

Use amazon gv to buy uber/mmt/Shoppers stop, big basket vouchers, pay for utilities, insurance, etc.
What other payments do you do?
MMT? ( Realized Make My Trip - never used)

Last edited:

Orio

TF Select
Use SBI Card on non amazon/flipkart spends like Zomato, Swiggy, Uber, Nykaa, Tata Cliq, BigBasket.

Buy Amazon gift voucher from amazon itself and pay your bills, book travel tickets.

You can also buy other offline brands voucher from amazon and you will be able get 5% for offline spends.
Could you please confirm - Swiggy GV on Flipkart website via SBI Cashback Card will fetch 5%?
Thanks in advance!!