• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Cashback: Does it give 5% for exam application fees payment(like BITS)

credblack

TF Buzz
Was paying application fee for an exam (conducted by BITS Pilani), will SBI Cashback give 5% cashback ?

or will it be an exclusion according to this T&C ? (- Cashback is not applicable for the following transactions - rent payments, wallet reloads, merchant EMIs, jewellery purchases, school/education fees, utility/insurance payments and train tickets)

If someone has paid their course fee( or exam fee) using the SBI Cashback card to BITS and got the cashback, I think it should also apply in this case as well. Kindly do tell the merchant name that appeared in that case or the payment gateway used.
To me its showing payment gateways - Paytm, PayU and ICICI Bank.

Thanks.
Screenshot 2024-04-16 215005.png

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
Was paying application fee for an exam (conducted by BITS Pilani), will SBI Cashback give 5% cashback ?

or will it be an exclusion according to this T&C ? (- Cashback is not applicable for the following transactions - rent payments, wallet reloads, merchant EMIs, jewellery purchases, school/education fees, utility/insurance payments and train tickets)

If someone has paid their course fee( or exam fee) using the SBI Cashback card to BITS and got the cashback, I think it should also apply in this case as well. Kindly do tell the merchant name that appeared in that case or the payment gateway used.
To me its showing payment gateways - Paytm, PayU and ICICI Bank.

Thanks.
Screenshot 2024-04-16 215005.png
Its all depends upon on MCC code

pinki

TF Ace
Ms Dhoni No GIF by WinZO Games

credblack

TF Buzz
I have paid for NEET, AIMS applications fee with SBI Cashback card. Not received any cashback!
Thanks for the info. Though NEET, AIIMS are government institutions so they may have same MCC as Government services, whereas BITS Pilani is a private body, not sure which way it goes..

sahilg0804

TF Buzz
Most probably you won't get 5% since BITS would have registered thier MCC as educational institution only for thier own tax benefits. If possible you can guess the MCC by doing a small transaction by paytm app, by going to the notification section, a profile picture is shown for the merchant according to their mcc code.

Attachments

• 20240507_164611.jpg
    20240507_164611.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240507_164313_Paytm.jpg
    Screenshot_20240507_164313_Paytm.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240507_164415_Paytm.jpg
    Screenshot_20240507_164415_Paytm.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 3