• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Urgent help required !!! RBL Bank credit card is not processing refund of excess amount paid!!

AllThatStuff

TF Premier
Hello,

Last month 26th Feb I paid around 1,10,000/- accidentally to my RBL credit card, instead of ICICI credit card, as the last 4 digits of the cards were similar.
I realised this and very 1st days I’ve raised a request for refund of the excess amount.
But, RBL bank has not done it yet!!
Total I’ve raised requests 3 times but they have closed all the requests for any useless reasons.

On 1st occasion, Customer care had taken for refund in RBL savings account. But 2-3 days later 1 received a call saying amount can be refunded only to source account, so that asked me submit account statement which I gave. Then 2 days later they called to submit screenshots of the payment app, which I gave. Then again 2 days later they asked to submit a hand written letter for refund, which I gave. Again next day they asked for payment proof for Sep-2023 statement, to which I questioned that why he wanted that. As he had no answer he disconnected the call & my request was closed.

2nd time again I raised a request. This time even after submitting all the documents my request was closed as RBL customer care team has mentioned wrong account no. and hence I failed the account verification by back end team.

3rd time, they asked me submit a new hand written letter mentioning the refund saving account details, which I did but again it was closed, as I did not receive their call, which was actually a short missed call.

Now, I had become very clear that RBL Bank doesn’t want to refund the amount!!

I’ve written numerous times to nodal officer & principal nodal officer, but no response but no response from there. My home branch says it can’t help.

Now I’m totally frustrated & hopeless now as to what to do now!!

Can someone please advise 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Last edited:

Vishal N

TF Select
Hello,

Last month 26th Feb I paid around 1,10,000/- accidentally to my RBL credit card, instead of ICICI credit card, as the last 4 digits of the cards were similar.
I realised this and very 1st days I’ve raised a request for refund of the excess amount.
Total I’ve raised requests 3 times but they have closed all the requests for any useless reasons.

On 1st occasion, Customer care had taken for refund in RBL savings account. But 2-3 days later 1 received a call saying amount can be refunded only to source account, so that asked me submit account statement which I gave. Then 2 days later they called to submit screenshots of the payment app, which I gave. Then again 2 days later they asked to submit a hand written letter for refund, which I gave. Again next day they asked for payment proof for Sep-2023 statement, to which I questioned that why he wanted that. As he had no answer he disconnected the call & my request was closed.

2nd time again I raised a request. This time even after submitting all the documents my request was closed as RBL customer care team has mentioned wrong account no. and hence I failed the account verification by back end team.

3rd time, they asked me submit a new hand written letter mentioning the refund saving account details, which I did but again it was closed, as I did not receive their call, which was actually a short missed call.

I’ve written numerous times to nodal officer & principal nodal officer, but no response but no response from there. My home branch says it can’t help.

Can someone please advise
Approach rbi ombudsman

abhiver

TF Premier
M
Hello,

Can someone please advise 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
Make a detailed case of this , event by event and have some proof for all the interaction.

While lodging complaint, do mention that they are harassing you by asking documents in installments instead of asking all in one go.

You might get additional compensation due to delay of the excess refund. Meanwhile do not use there credit card, to avoid any adjustments excuse by RBL

AllThatStuff

TF Premier
On same boat. They have my ₹99,999. They already closed 2 requests of mine with same reasons as you. Your case got resolved?
If yes, please guide me.
Don’t waste your time on anything else. Just write to RBI ombudsman…and just wait for 10-15 days !! Attach all the copies of mails you sent.
They will start calling you and ask you to raise a new complaints by submitting all the docs again.
Just don’t entertain them….ask them to give in mail whatever they have to say!!!

Paradjanov

TF Buzz
These are my very first words on TechnoFino. Just joined mins back. [If not appropriately posted, please excuse.]

@AllThatStuff and @Andapally: I’ve dealt with RBL recently. My belief is that, they wouldn’t return/refund anything on their own, and you got to get them to do it. They don’t even reply to simple emails at times—do they take holidays from reading them, I wonder?—and then read them and respond to you—however irrelevant the response is—20/25 days later.

Very simply, email them to close your cards, that’s all. For good. Then, transfer the balance that they owe you, to your Savings A/c. You’ll get the credit inside two days.

If they do not respond to your mail (requesting closure of CC) within 7 days, you are to get ₹ 500/day (as penalty) for each day of delay in closure of your CC, beyond the first 7 days. The had to pay me ₹ 9,500, for having acted 26 days after my closure request.

AllThatStuff

TF Premier
These are my very first words on TechnoFino. Just joined mins back. [If not appropriately posted, please excuse.]

@AllThatStuff and @Andapally: I’ve dealt with RBL recently. My belief is that, they wouldn’t return/refund anything on their own, and you got to get them to do it. They don’t even reply to simple emails at times—do they take holidays from reading them, I wonder?—and then read them and respond to you—however irrelevant the response is—20/25 days later.

Very simply, email them to close your cards, that’s all. For good. Then, transfer the balance that they owe you, to your Savings A/c. You’ll get the credit inside two days.

If they do not respond to your mail (requesting closure of CC) within 7 days, you are to get ₹ 500/day (as penalty) for each day of delay in closure of your CC, beyond the first 7 days. The had to pay me ₹ 9,500, for having acted 26 days after my closure request.
Oh wow...I should have known this earlier....coz for me they took 31 days to process the refund !!