• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Upgrade to HDFC Classic Banking

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I wanted to upgrade my HDFC account to classic variant as I have fulfilling the elegibility criteria.
But when asked at the branch they told me they don't convert a single account into classic, they told they only convert family linked accounts.
What can I do to get the upgrade.
Any way other than bank visit because the bank people are least interested to upgrade.
IMG_1rma2k.jpg
@bhavyegoel @TechnoFino @anirbanm @AllSeeker
Please help.

Last edited:

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
What's the MAB if I group the individual savings accounts of my family, will it be 1 lakh MAB for all accounts combined or more? Can someone clarify this please?
I am assuming you are talking about 1L MAB classic account.
For that only the classic account holder has to maintain the MAB and the accounts of family members added are zero balance along with the benefits same as of a classic account.
Hope this helps.

TF Ace
TF Family
I am assuming you are talking about 1L MAB classic account.
For that only the classic account holder has to maintain the MAB and the accounts of family members added are zero balance along with the benefits same as of a classic account.
Hope this helps.
Yeah am talking about 1L MAB Classic account. Then what's the 5L MAB criteria in the T&C? Are you sure the Classic account holder has to maintain, and it's not for all accounts combined?

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So that will apply if the Classic account holder holds an FD or will it apply for the add-on accounts too.
Let me make it clear.
For anything related to MAB only the classic account holders account is taken into consideration.

The family members just get the benefits of classic account at no extra cost

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yeah that's what I was confused about. I heard if it's group, then 1L MAB applies to the group.
Ok so actually I was told if I maintain 1L family members don't need to maintain.

But eventually it becomes the same thing that the family group mab should be 1L. It can be from a single account or from multiple accounts

AsB

TF Ace
I maintained an average balance of > Rs 1 lakh, and was doing good transactions , if not huge, and got the classic banking upgrade option through Net banking within 5 months. But, I dont know, do I get a personal RM? If yes, how do I reach it?
Or, how do I reach a customer care live person, after calling the toll free number? What numbers do I press in sequence?