• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Upgrade to HDFC Classic Banking

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I wanted to upgrade my HDFC account to classic variant as I have fulfilling the elegibility criteria.
But when asked at the branch they told me they don't convert a single account into classic, they told they only convert family linked accounts.
What can I do to get the upgrade.
Any way other than bank visit because the bank people are least interested to upgrade.
IMG_1rma2k.jpg
@bhavyegoel @TechnoFino @anirbanm @AllSeeker
Please help.

Last edited:

Souvik

TF Premier
The bank salesman have no incentive to upgrade your account. However, if you have net banking enabled, login and check the last tab which says 'Offers' there you may see and upgrade offer to click on.

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
The bank salesman have no incentive to upgrade your account. However, if you have net banking enabled, login and check the last tab which says 'Offers' there you may see and upgrade offer to click on.
No upgrade offers😢
I am checking for offers on weekly basis from past 3 months.
Is there any way that I myself can request for upgrade.

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
That's not true.

Nowadays RMs are getting targets for family banking. My RM was telling me this too. That's probably why they are telling you this.

Also, as per my experience, it's easier to open an HDFC higher variant account than an upgrade. I don't know how exactly upgrades work.
I already have a savings max account, so the only option I have is to upgrade 🙂

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
I wanted to upgrade my HDFC account to classic variant as I have fulfilling the elegibility criteria.
But when asked at the branch they told me they don't convert a single account into classic, they told they only convert family linked accounts.
Any way other than bank visit because the bank people are least interested to upgrade.
IMG_1rma2k.jpg
@bhavyegoel @TechnoFino @anirbanm @AllSeeker
Please help.
email Hdfc and request for classic upgrade...

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
As per my experience hdfc doesn't give much information and doesn't upgrade until you keep more than AMB and do regular activity , to upgrade my dad's account which was normal a/c not even max saving or preferred they took more than a 3 month even though I'm a imperial customer and request to rm that took 1 month and didn't process my request and then i called to impera customer care that too failed . so i say it hard luck cause the eligibility means something and work in every different way, and after sending mail from internating banking and my rm called me cause i complain so i suggest create a mail it located ACCOUNT . ENQURIY > MAILBOX

talkwithfino

TF Premier
You can try sending an email; just like technofino said...... OR I have link for 'Preferred' banking Program.....

Select Yes- whre it says Do you have savings/current account with us. When you get a callback, tell them you wish to upgrade to Classic Banking for now.

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
it can't be done like that through netbanking , just couple of click mentioned your a/c and get otp and voila it done , i hope we get to see this in near future , i told my rm to group the account after my dad's account showed imperial banking and turned into red theme instead of blue theme
But for that you need a invitation from the bank.
Else you have to manually apply from the branch.

T

TheAfterLife

Bro… Just Mail To Nodal Officer Of Your Area. Do Mention That If My Account Is Not Upgraded Then I Will Send A Mail To RBI. And Voila You’re Account Is Upgraded On Priority Basis

V5689

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I started with a instant savings account and was upgraded to classic then to preferred. (don't remember the exact time lines but less than 6 months for each)
I used to maintain a Min Balance of more than 1 lakh always when being considered for Classic and 2 lakhs + when being upgraded to Preferred
I think the system automatically checks your eligibility and dishes out upgrade offers via mail/internet banking
* Single salary account