• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Uber cash payment method unavailable

drsel

TF Legend
I bought a 500 Uber voucher from Park Plus and added it successfully to the Uber app.
It is showing Uber cash 500.

but everytime I try using this 500 Uber cash, I get error.
"payment method unavailable"
what to do?

Last edited:
Solution
This account I have not done any trips. ZERO
There is no history at all.
Updated and uninstalled and reinstalled it also.

I cannot even add the voucher again because it is showing that gift voucher is already utilised.
And Uber cash 500 is clearly seen but I cannot use it. Uber cash expiry is showing 30 April 2025.

I cannot even add Amazon pay.
I managed to add two Axis credit cards but even for these two Axis credit cards I get the error payment method unavailable..

There is nothing wrong with my mobile phone.
I even logged in with another new phone and same error keeps coming "payment method unavailable" for 500 Uber cash and even two credit cards
Sometime uber doesn't allow taking first trip in new account by way of CC...

drsel

TF Legend

I cannot even add the voucher again because it is showing that gift voucher is already utilised.
And Uber cash 500 is clearly seen but I cannot use it. Uber cash expiry is showing 30 April 2025.

I managed to add two Axis credit cards but even for these two Axis credit cards I get the error payment method unavailable..

I even logged in with another new phone and same error keeps coming "payment method unavailable" for 500 Uber cash and even two credit cards

Last edited:

drsel

TF Legend
If I make a new account, I will not be able to use this Uber 500 voucher, because it is already utilised for an Uber account which cannot book even a single taxi.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Right now both Axis Mastercard credit cards I added also have the same problem "payment mode unavailable"
Oh ok. In that past I just used card payment and it automatically takes Uber cash first and took the remaining from card. May be things got changed now. Please check their Twitter support.

Sometime uber doesn't allow taking first trip in new account by way of CC or gift coupon. Have faced similar issue with CC payment method, when I created a new account in other number. Try taking first cash trip and hopefully then this option will be enabled

Solution

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Sometime uber doesn't allow taking first trip in new account by way of CC or gift coupon. Have faced similar issue with CC payment method, when I created a new account in other number. Try taking first cash trip and hopefully then this option will be enabled
Most likely this is correct.. taking a ride with cash payment establishes some sort of identity and relationship with Uber ecosystem