• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Turkish Miles & Smiles Turkish Miles & Smiles shows no Star Alliance availability?

RewardsHunter

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hello all,

I am new to the credit card and points game and I have been looking to book the Toronto-Chennai-Toronto route (either as two one-way flights or a round-trip) for sometime in 2024.

I searched Singapore Airlines, United and Air Canada to check for reward seats and also found few which are suitable for me. I want to book this through Turkish Airlines as I understand that they have one of the best redemptions for Star Alliance (?). However, I am unable to find any reward seats, even for Star Alliance partners, on Turkish Airlines' website. Just shows me 'No availability' for whichever date I pick.

My question is - can I just call up Turkish Airlines and provide the CC person the flight details which I finalized based on my searches on SA, United and Aeroplan, and ask them to book? Or are the bookings only limited to what I can see on Miles & Smiles page?

Thank you in advance!

asimkumar

TF Select
RML Group
Hello all,

I am new to the credit card and points game and I have been looking to book the Toronto-Chennai-Toronto route (either as two one-way flights or a round-trip) for sometime in 2024.

I searched Singapore Airlines, United and Air Canada to check for reward seats and also found few which are suitable for me. I want to book this through Turkish Airlines as I understand that they have one of the best redemptions for Star Alliance (?). However, I am unable to find any reward seats, even for Star Alliance partners, on Turkish Airlines' website. Just shows me 'No availability' for whichever date I pick.

My question is - can I just call up Turkish Airlines and provide the CC person the flight details which I finalized based on my searches on SA, United and Aeroplan, and ask them to book? Or are the bookings only limited to what I can see on Miles & Smiles page?

Thank you in advance!
You should definitely try and reach out to their CC. That's your best option.

Hello all,

Thank you in advance!
Yes.

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Turkish transfer fails 2nd time. Points refunded within 2 hours.

I suggest you consider transferring to a different partner than Accor & Turkish now. If the issue persists, you might surpass the deadline for 5:4 transfers.
Therefore, unless you hold Burgundy status, I believe it's advisable to transfer ER to other partners. It seems that there are many who are facing this issue, and both Axis & TravelEdge are unable to resolve the issue and might not always refund the points in 2 hours.
Just my opinion, if you think 3rd time’s the charm then definitely go for it.

vinrey287

TF Premier
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I'm trying to book with miles for family of 3 incl. myself but keep getting -'
The first award ticket can only be issued under your name. If you want to have it issued for a loved one, please contact the nearest sales office.' How to proceed? Is calling them the only option?

chasni

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I'm trying to book with miles for family of 3 incl. myself but keep getting -'
The first award ticket can only be issued under your name. If you want to have it issued for a loved one, please contact the nearest sales office.' How to proceed? Is calling them the only option?
Yes, you need to call and book as per other TF members.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Has there been some changes in Turkish star award flight policy for connecting flight?

I am able to see individual sector, but not as a combined booking. Singapore Airlines showing available for same combined booking.

Tried calling them, First person didn't even see availability for first segment itself. Second person saw available but quoted like 70K miles (+taxes) saying on call booking as extra charges.

Tried email route to many random sales offices worldwide. One of them said about availability for single sector booking, but not for 2 sectors.

saketreddy

TF Premier
Has there been some changes in Turkish star award flight policy for connecting flight?

I am able to see individual sector, but not as a combined booking. Singapore Airlines showing available for same combined booking.

Tried calling them, First person didn't even see availability for first segment itself. Second person saw available but quoted like 70K miles (+taxes) saying on call booking as extra charges.

Tried email route to many random sales offices worldwide. One of them said about availability for single sector booking, but not for 2 sectors.
What's the itinerary?

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge

Finally booked 4 tickets over call. Took 2 hours. And I am not counting the earlier follow ups over calls and emails.

There has been some bug running currently with Turkish. Earlier they were able to book flights which were showing on other sites over call/email. But now over call/email also, they aren't able to book those flights, if they are not showing up in Turkish site.

For example, I was able to see BLR-DEL-CDG on Singapore Airlines and ANA. Even Turkish was showing available when u search one route at a time for same date, but not together. Over email and calls also, I got response saying second flight is not available, after they select first one.

But same combination was showing on Turkish site on some other date and they were able to see availability for them on call/email too. So, it is now one additional thing that check space Availability on Turkish site first before calling/emailing them to avoid getting no space response.

Now, email booking is easy, but most offices respond saying contact ur local office or call on helpline. And del/bom offices are not helping. A few, who responds, ask for local bank account and are not aware about holding the award.

On call, it is very difficult. You have literally keep a phonetics alphabet ready with you and spell out everything from airport name and flight details to passenger details and contact. You have to keep at least one hour for first time.

And some agents don't know about star award flight booking. They simply check and say no award space available. Just say thank you and call again, keep faith, if you have checked award space on Turkish and Singapore Airlines. No point in explaining them, as they won't understand.

I didn't try holding and then doing transfer. At one point, I did felt like all points are going to waste. But then one fine lady understood my request and did one booking. And then I got confidence and booked remaining 3. Although, she said she can do only one booking in one call (which is again not true). So I had to call again only to find a few useless guys again. All 4 of my bookings were done by female agents, so seems like they are more knowledgeable.

After so much of struggle, when you finally get the tickets, it gives immense peace of mind😁.

kapoorsanyam

TF Buzz
Finally booked 4 tickets over call. Took 2 hours. And I am not counting the earlier follow ups over calls and emails.

There has been some bug running currently with Turkish. Earlier they were able to book flights which were showing on other sites over call/email. But now over call/email also, they aren't able to book those flights, if they are not showing up in Turkish site.

For example, I was able to see BLR-DEL-CDG on Singapore Airlines and ANA. Even Turkish was showing available when u search one route at a time for same date, but not together. Over email and calls also, I got response saying second flight is not available, after they select first one.

But same combination was showing on Turkish site on some other date and they were able to see availability for them on call/email too. So, it is now one additional thing that check space Availability on Turkish site first before calling/emailing them to avoid getting no space response.

Now, email booking is easy, but most offices respond saying contact ur local office or call on helpline. And del/bom offices are not helping. A few, who responds, ask for local bank account and are not aware about holding the award.

On call, it is very difficult. You have literally keep a phonetics alphabet ready with you and spell out everything from airport name and flight details to passenger details and contact. You have to keep at least one hour for first time.

And some agents don't know about star award flight booking. They simply check and say no award space available. Just say thank you and call again, keep faith, if you have checked award space on Turkish and Singapore Airlines. No point in explaining them, as they won't understand.

I didn't try holding and then doing transfer. At one point, I did felt like all points are going to waste. But then one fine lady understood my request and did one booking. And then I got confidence and booked remaining 3. Although, she said she can do only one booking in one call (which is again not true). So I had to call again only to find a few useless guys again. All 4 of my bookings were done by female agents, so seems like they are more knowledgeable.

After so much of struggle, when you finally get the tickets, it gives immense peace of mind😁.
Same experience for me. Overall it is worth if getting for 19k miles

sahilgulati5

TF Premier

IF you don't mind!! how much Points did it cost/person?

akash25ch

TF Buzz
RML Group
Hi can somebody help me with name change policy. I booked using their call option and they misspelt my wife's surname as Cain instead of Jain. The agent thought Japan starts from C. I was told to raise a feedback ticket but their response has been very lukewarm, they are asking me to rebook a new ticket and they would refund the original. And their support team is giving no concrete answer how to do it. I called Air India, they were very supportive but they were not able to make any changes on their side

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Hi can somebody help me with name change policy. I booked using their call option and they misspelt my wife's surname as Cain instead of Jain. The agent thought Japan starts from C. I was told to raise a feedback ticket but their response has been very lukewarm, they are asking me to rebook a new ticket and they would refund the original. And their support team is giving no concrete answer how to do it. I called Air India, they were very supportive but they were not able to make any changes on their side
They do send it on email for name confirmation before booking. Didn't check properly?

Try calling on the helpline again, share pnr, they might do it. I had a minor issue of Ms vs Mrs, that they accepted and rectified on call immediately.

akash25ch

TF Buzz
RML Group
They do send it on email for name confirmation before booking. Didn't check properly?

Try calling on the helpline again, share pnr, they might do it. I had a minor issue of Ms vs Mrs, that they accepted and rectified on call immediately.
They didn't send any email before confirming. I have tried calling them 5-6 times, always get the same response of raising a feedback. And feedback response has been to either create a new ticket or just get a refund by paying 70 USD.

manzb

TF Premier
I have booked multiple times over call. They are always supportive and helpful. Also they sends the blocked ticket by mail to check and confirm even before you start the payment process. It is strange that you have not recd it.

rdargar

TF Premier
I have booked multiple times over call. They are always supportive and helpful. Also they sends the blocked ticket by mail to check and confirm even before you start the payment process. It is strange that you have not recd it.
Can you book for someone else via call if you are not one of the traveling person and have not even traveled beforel

akash25ch

TF Buzz
RML Group
They didn't send any email before confirming. I have tried calling them 5-6 times, always get the same response of raising a feedback. And feedback response has been to either create a new ticket or just get a refund by paying 70 USD.
they have rechecked the whole call logs and gave confirmation that it was the agent's fault for the incorrect name. Post this they have refunded the whole amount because as per them name change is not possible for Air India. Got the award tickets again with correct name by calling helpline