• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Turkish Miles & Smiles Turkish Miles & Smiles shows no Star Alliance availability?

RewardsHunter

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hello all,

I am new to the credit card and points game and I have been looking to book the Toronto-Chennai-Toronto route (either as two one-way flights or a round-trip) for sometime in 2024.

I searched Singapore Airlines, United and Air Canada to check for reward seats and also found few which are suitable for me. I want to book this through Turkish Airlines as I understand that they have one of the best redemptions for Star Alliance (?). However, I am unable to find any reward seats, even for Star Alliance partners, on Turkish Airlines' website. Just shows me 'No availability' for whichever date I pick.

My question is - can I just call up Turkish Airlines and provide the CC person the flight details which I finalized based on my searches on SA, United and Aeroplan, and ask them to book? Or are the bookings only limited to what I can see on Miles & Smiles page?

Thank you in advance!

saketreddy

TF Premier
Thank you. I will do that.

I am guessing it works similarly for oneworld partners as well? Find a booking on AAdvantage and book on BA or any other combination?
They don't have any separate pages for parnters. AA is the best tool to search for oneworld partner award availability in my view. Gives calendar view, can choose airline and class also to check availability.

RewardsHunter

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Seems like the best value to book Star Alliance flights. I did read on multiple forums that booking via calling their customer care is a time consuming process.

I guess it's fine for the value we get in the end.

Earnandburn

TF Buzz
I tried calling thrice for the availability I can see on SQ,UA, Lifemiles and Aeroplan. They can't see any availability. Is there anyway to book this flight it's from BLR to SFO(AI175).?

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I was trying to search for flights to leh. There is both air india and vistara flights.

But turkish as well as United are not giving option to enter leh or IXL as airport name. Any idea how to search for them?

DrTS

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hey,

My magnus ER transfer to turkish miles&smiles got failed and points reverted back. Anyone had a similar problem with trasferring miles. CC said it has got to do with name being entered wrong but I’m pretty sure the name I entered was correct. What to do now ?

saketreddy

TF Premier
Hey,

My magnus ER transfer to turkish miles&smiles got failed and points reverted back. Anyone had a similar problem with trasferring miles. CC said it has got to do with name being entered wrong but I’m pretty sure the name I entered was correct. What to do now ?
Failed for me as well. Initiated again.