• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Turkish Miles & Smiles Turkish Miles & Smiles shows no Star Alliance availability?

RewardsHunter

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hello all,

I am new to the credit card and points game and I have been looking to book the Toronto-Chennai-Toronto route (either as two one-way flights or a round-trip) for sometime in 2024.

I searched Singapore Airlines, United and Air Canada to check for reward seats and also found few which are suitable for me. I want to book this through Turkish Airlines as I understand that they have one of the best redemptions for Star Alliance (?). However, I am unable to find any reward seats, even for Star Alliance partners, on Turkish Airlines' website. Just shows me 'No availability' for whichever date I pick.

My question is - can I just call up Turkish Airlines and provide the CC person the flight details which I finalized based on my searches on SA, United and Aeroplan, and ask them to book? Or are the bookings only limited to what I can see on Miles & Smiles page?

Thank you in advance!

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Seems some award tickets are getting cancelled at last minute by air india due to over booking or something else. Reason not clear.

But some people mentioned the reason as credit card control. As per official rules, u can show card even during check-in. But no point in taking risk, if some tickets are getting cancelled.

So, u can remove credit card control easily by mailing to BOMRESERVATION@thy.com with Eticket number starting from 235, Passport copy of Card holder and Traveller and Credit card copy with full card number (Expiry and CVV can be masked). They will remove it over email. No physical visit required.

akash25ch

TF Buzz
RML Group
Seems some award tickets are getting cancelled at last minute by air india due to over booking or something else. Reason not clear.

But some people mentioned the reason as credit card control. As per official rules, u can show card even during check-in. But no point in taking risk, if some tickets are getting cancelled.

So, u can remove credit card control easily by mailing to BOMRESERVATION@thy.com with Eticket number starting from 235, Passport copy of Card holder and Traveller and Credit card copy with full card number (Expiry and CVV can be masked). They will remove it over email. No physical visit required.

I got my credit card control removed by mailing them today.