• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Travel from US to Mexico and back to US on a B1 Visa

shaktiman

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I would be travel to San Diego, USA this month on a B1 Visa and I would have 4-5 days on me to travel around. I am really keen on visiting Mexico as it is a few kilometers away from San Diego.
I read online that a person holding an Indian passport can visit Mexico on a valid U.S. visa . But I’m not sure how safe/feasible it would be to travel to Mexico for 4-5 days and then travel back to US.

Please let me know your thoughts/comments.

Krishna1905

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I would be travel to San Diego, USA this month on a B1 Visa and I would have 4-5 days on me to travel around. I am really keen on visiting Mexico as it is a few kilometers away from San Diego.
I read online that a person holding an Indian passport can visit Mexico on a valid U.S. visa . But I’m not sure how safe/feasible it would be to travel to Mexico for 4-5 days and then travel back to US.

Please let me know your thoughts/comments.
https://www.visatraveler.com/blog/travel-20-countries-visa-free-with-us-visa/ go through this bro, for more details on travelling with Indian passport using B1/B2 Visa.

02. Mexico​

Personal experience: I have entered Mexico many times by air, land and sea with my India passport and US visa. Sometimes I was asked how long I’ll stay in Mexico. I was given a 180-day entry.

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Absolutely feasible.

If you were thinking of Tijuana, it's an okay place for a night or two. Go down south and the whole gulf it's an amazing place to visit but the best places might be a little too far down south. You've got enough time to visit some places nearer to the border if you're driving but going all the way to Cabos might be a too much, unless you opt to fly there.
Some rental car companies will let you drive into Mexico.

If time is a constraint don't forget the many national parks in California, they're much closer and incredibly beautiful.
You've got the Yosemite, Sequoia, Sierra, Death Valley, etc.
It will also be a much more pleasant and relaxed drive.

Last edited:

shaktiman

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
https://www.visatraveler.com/blog/travel-20-countries-visa-free-with-us-visa/ go through this bro, for more details on travelling with Indian passport using B1/B2 Visa.

02. Mexico​

Personal experience: I have entered Mexico many times by air, land and sea with my India passport and US visa. Sometimes I was asked how long I’ll stay in Mexico. I was given a 180-day entry.
I got to enter US from Mexico again in 5 days.

How was your experience when you entered the borders via land? I heard that people can get denied entry back to US by land.

shaktiman

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Absolutely feasible.

If you were thinking of Tijuana, it's an okay place for a night or two. Go down south and the whole gulf it's an amazing place to visit but the best places might be a little too far down south. You've got enough time to visit some places nearer to the border if you're driving but going all the way to Cabos might be a too much, unless you opt to fly there.
Some rental car companies will let you drive into Mexico.

If time is a constraint don't forget the many national parks in California, they're much closer and incredibly beautiful.
You've got the Yosemite, Sequoia, Sierra, Death Valley, etc.
It will also be a much more pleasant and relaxed drive.
Visiting those places in US makes a lot more sense. But there is an issue, I don’t know how to drive a car. (Working on the issue)

Hence I thought going to Mexico would be a better idea. I had Cancun, Mexico City on mind.

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Just get a driver's license and sort it out there.
When people actually respect and follow traffic laws it's actually pleasant and nice to drive around, opposite of the experience of trying to drive in here.